The Student Room Group

Ex flatmate is being a douche

Last year I was in love with my flatmate but obviously I didn't do anything because we lived together. We got pretty close, we'd playfight and talk for hours into the night and go places together, it was never awkward. We were finishing each others' sentences! And although everyone thought he was gay, I felt like there was definitely something between us that neither of us had with anyone else.

But then we had to leave, and we live on opposite sides of the country now. He seemed sad to leave me. But now he's completely ignoring me!

He was replying to my texts and fb messages until we arranged a meet-up which he cancelled at the last minute (with good reason) a few days ago, and since then he won't reply to anything, he won't even pick up the phone (although I only tried once). I don't know what to do.. do I keep trying? He's really bad at keeping in contact with people..
By the sounds of things it's just that he hasn't kept in touch. Just leave it for a couple of months, then say "hey, how are you, long time". He may be busy? It's only been a few days.
Aren't you kind of overreacting by calling him a douche? Maybe something's come up in his life than talking to his ex room-mate.
Reply 3
Original post by Tom_green_day
Aren't you kind of overreacting by calling him a douche? Maybe something's come up in his life than talking to his ex room-mate.

He's kind of an attention whore though, I know he ignores people so they will keep contacting him and it will boost his already large ego. But if he genuinely is busy he won't tell me that's the case and will just get annoyed :/
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
He's kind of an attention whore though, I know he ignores people so they will keep contacting him and it will boost his already large ego. But if he genuinely is busy he won't tell me that's the case and will just get annoyed :/

Then give him some time. Wait a few weeks and send a 'Hey, how's things? Fancy catching up soon?' sort of message?
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies <3 I guess I was just upset. I'll give him a while and maybe next time I'll be the busy one :smile:
As you said he's bad at keeping in contact...

and if you had that much of an amazing connection, dont give up easily (but at the same time dont pester him...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending