The Student Room Group

Guys,how to apply for MA Fashion Design if I don't have any relevant degree?!!!

I have only relevant working experience in Fashion Design But it is only basic work.
I want to apply for MA Fashion Design for Further study, for example in MMU,NTC.

Any advice for supporting my application?:confused:
Original post by urbandress
I have only relevant working experience in Fashion Design But it is only basic work.
I want to apply for MA Fashion Design for Further study, for example in MMU,NTC.

Any advice for supporting my application?:confused:

What is your first degree? Most MAs require a degree in a related subject. For fashion design you will also require a portfolio.
Reply 2
Civil Engineering BSc
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
What is your first degree? Most MAs require a degree in a related subject. For fashion design you will also require a portfolio.

Civil Engineering BSc
Reply 4
Original post by urbandress
Civil Engineering BSc

Why the drastic change of heart? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Arieisit
Why the drastic change of heart? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's a long story. My parents choose the course for me but i don't like it. Then I found fashion design more attract me.
So that's why I want to study Fashion design.
Is fashion the sort of thing you need a postgrad degree to do? I'm not super familiar with it in particular, but friends of mine who are doing that sort of artsier thing (mostly journalism) are doing a more apprenticeship-situation where they take entry-level jobs and work their way up. Fashion seem to be a more who-you-know industry, especially if you don't have a degree in it already.

Quick Reply