The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women have a sense of entitlement?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
PRSOM

Damn, I know dem feels. :emo:
Lots of men have an enormous sense of entitlement:

To sex. Date rape, the "friend zone" etc. To date women who are more attractive than them.
How many times have you heard butt-ugly men complain about women's appearances? And "women are so superficial, none of the good-looking ones will date me". Hahahaha

To have a woman meet their practical needs throughout life.

No-one is complaining about discrimination against women who are not equally qualified in the workplace. A humanities or social science degree is the natural preparation for a good career in law, the civil service, politics, university teaching etc etc. OBVIOUSLY.

The one minor grievance men seem able to stack up against this is that women expect them to pay for dates. The simple solution is to date someone who can earn her own money.
Reply 22
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Oh dear.
Now we all know that generalising about an entire sex just doesn't work. There are some women that are like this, yes. There are some men like it too. But we certainly are not all like that.

Yes, because there are patterns and I notice this pattern on women more.
Don't try and deny it because you are a woman!
Who cares if you have to spend a bit of money and buy a few drinks...
Original post by Freudian Slip
Damn, I know dem feels. :emo:

So many feels
(edited 9 years ago)
I wish I was entitled to go on TSR without having to listen to bitter little boys like the op...
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
So many feels

I hear women are good at those? :K:

If not just for the fact that your username is epic, I agree with far too many of the things I've seen you post. Quite happy to derail this thread, since it's gonna descend into chaos pretty quickly anyway... 'omg, wimmin!1one!!'
Original post by samsun53
You must think you are good looking to post your photo on there and seek attention. You are creepy looking, look at your oily looking hair.

Most people do not put their photo there.

Typical female mind, attention seeking, never accept responsibility and use misogyny as a smoke screen to man hating.

How low is your self-esteem that you feel the need to make a personal attack on her, exactly?
Yes, because there are patterns and I notice this pattern on women more.
Don't try and deny it because you are a woman!

Yes, I'm a woman. But I don't do any of the things you have listed.

I have never expected a man to buy me drinks or pay for dates. In fact I have often had to insist that I pay for some, being quite forceful about it, in order to stop them always paying. I do think that is an outdated expectation, which doesn't really have a place in our society any more.

I did the degree that I always knew that I'd do, which fell in with my talents, and am now self-employed doing the exact thing I was aiming to do when I started my degree. Being self-employed isn't easy, and there are no "free" handouts. I don't get sick pay, or holiday pay, and I am responsible for a lot more than if I was employed. So I certainly am not "entitled" in this respect either.

Stop generalising about an entire sex. Just steer clear of the women who are like that, and find one of the many who aren't.
Reply 29
Original post by Freudian Slip
How low is your self-esteem that you feel the need to make a personal attack on her, exactly?

Another typical response from a woman.

"I will support her and stick up for her because she is a woman and I am a woman"
I notice it is usually women who have a sense of entitlement.

Even today, I see so many women who expect a man to pay for the drinks and they are not even grateful, they just expect it!

Women go to university, and usually do all the soft, easy humanities subjects then demand a top graduate jobs and if they don't get it start using the sexism card.

Women seem to think they are entitlement to mens money and they have no shame in admitting it they after a rich man.
They feel its ok for them to have a good job, earn good money and yet expect men to pay for everything.

Please don't put all women together in a box.

The one who takes you out is the one who pays - that should be a rule. Or the one who picks the restaurant. If you're really worried about the person you're going out with being too expensive i.e. One takes a salad and the other has oysters, caviar and lobster, then you split the bill accordingly.

I expect a minimum of curtesy from both men and women. I open the door for you, you say thank you. If you can see I am having trouble getting into a building as I am carrying a large amount of heavy bags, please hold the door open for me, I will say thank you, don't just slam it in my face because you're not bothered.

Some women do humanities. They are not necessarily 'soft' subjects. If you can't formulate an argument properly, you can't do history - which many people (men included) cannot do. Many women do indeed do engineering at university for example, though I believe the lack of representation is probably due to the way girls are raised - not really encouraged to do Maths or Science, but praised for drawing for example. Young girls and boys should be encouraged in every single aspect of their education.

Women are paid less than men. And yes, people are sexist.

If a man takes on a strong, authoritative attitude, he is called confident and a strong leader. A woman is called nagging and bitchy.

If a man stays silent during a meeting, he is called composed. A woman is called clueless.

If a man makes jokes, he is called fun and confident. A woman is called an airhead.

That is only the majority of the time, not everyone is like that obviously.

Some women have no shame in admitting being with a man for money.
Others find it a disgrace. As do I. But I also find it rather sad that such a man would not be able to tell his girlfriend was a gold-digger - if you are that rich, you must have brains, yet you cannot see that this woman is treating you this badly?

There are also men who go with richer women, just for their money. They are just spoken about a lot less. Or called 'mature'. Or the woman is shamed for having a 'toy boy'.

Not all women feel that way and to be honest, I have a feeling you're probably a troll.:wink: Eh... Have a nice day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Another typical response from a woman.

"I will support her and stick up for her because she is a woman and I am a woman"

Actually, if someone had come in here who was male and you'd felt the need to attack their appearance, I'd have said exactly the same thing... purely on the basis that appearance counts jack **** for what they might be able to contribute to this 'debate', if you can call it one.

Also, is it not just a tad hypocritical to rave about 'women hating men' by hating so openly on women? Two wrongs don't make a right. :lolwut:
Reply 32
Yes, I'm a woman. But I don't do any of the things you have listed.

I have never expected a man to buy me drinks or pay for dates. In fact I have often had to insist that I pay for some, being quite forceful about it, in order to stop them always paying. I do think that is an outdated expectation, which doesn't really have a place in our society any more.

I did the degree that I always knew that I'd do, which fell in with my talents, and am now self-employed doing the exact thing I was aiming to do when I started my degree. Being self-employed isn't easy, and there are no "free" handouts. I don't get sick pay, or holiday pay, and I am responsible for a lot more than if I was employed. So I certainly am not "entitled" in this respect either.

Stop generalising about an entire sex. Just steer clear of the women who are like that, and find one of the many who aren't.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out patterns!
Are you telling you me you never pointed out patterns in behavior among men?????

Since you insist....take me out and buy me a drink...I live in York and London , surely we can arrange something.

Even today, I see so many women who expect a man to pay for the drinks and they are not even grateful, they just expect it!

Women go to university, and usually do all the soft, easy humanities subjects then demand a top graduate jobs and if they don't get it start using the sexism card.

Women seem to think they are entitlement to mens money and they have no shame in admitting it they after a rich man.
They feel its ok for them to have a good job, earn good money and yet expect men to pay for everything.

I've never expected a man to pay for drinks during a date or whatever. I've always paid for myself.

I did a humanities degree but I don't expect to land a top paying grad job just because I'm a woman. In fact if it ever gets to a point where I find out I've been hired because of my gender then I will resign immediately.

I married my husband when we were broke students so evidently I wasn't after his money. In fact I left a financially comfortable life to be with someone broke. And while in the past two years I've only managed to contribute half of his salary to the household income, that's about to change to equal contribution. Also what I couldn't contribute financially was made up with me doing the majority of housework as was only fair. If we do split up, he knows not to bother offering me any money that I didn't contribute to. I will leave with precisely what I brought with me (that also involves me leaving any jewellery he bought as a present for me) and if I put in any money on bank accounts or mortgage I would only take my share.

So to sum it all up, I don't think I have any sense of entitlement. Point is don't generalise every woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you telling you me you never pointed out patterns in behavior among men?????

Since you insist....take me out and buy me a drink...I live in York and London , surely we can arrange something.

You didn't say "some women", you were generalising; and when it was pointed out to you that saying all women are like that is wrong, you said things like "don't deny it". So don't backtrack now.
Some women are like that, but certainly a minority that is gradually in decline.

Hey OP when I was with my boyfriend I always paid half on dates or for both of our drinks/ food. You mad OP? Does this go against your deep set of beliefs of how evil women are OP?
Reply 36
Original post by Hirondelle127
Pl.

What don't you understand? Women are paid less because women do not make as much money as men!

Look around you...everything is made by men....your iphone, your laptop,

Men build and make money, much more than women, therefore companies want a man and will pay more to keep him.

What don't you understand?????
Reply 37

You don't come across as superior at all.

Chivalry is a nice gesture; nothing more, nothing less. I can only imagine that you have had a very poor experience of women.

Humanities are not "easy". Did you know that it is almost impossible to achieve 90%+ on a theology essay? What about all the men who enroll in humanities? Why do you assume that they demand top graduate jobs?

If you want to denounce a women for wanting financial security, please do. By the way, in a couple, there are more women earning more than the man these days.

It is customary for the male to initiate the gesture, not the woman. Everybody that I know would not wait around for a man to pay for her drink...
What don't you understand? Women are paid less because women do not make as much money as men!

Look around you...everything is made by men....your iphone, your laptop,

Men build and make money, much more than women, therefore companies want a man and will pay more to keep him.

What don't you understand?????

While I admit engineering and such do not have enough women, do you know that the first computer programmer was a woman? A major contribution I would say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
You didn't say "some women", you were generalising; and when it was pointed out to you that saying all women are like that is wrong, you said things like "don't deny it". So don't backtrack now.
Some women are like that, but certainly a minority that is gradually in decline.

Can you read? here is what I said "I notice it is usually women who have a sense of entitlement"

Usually as in both sexses do it but I see it more with women.

For the love of God, please read what I write before you make claims.

Latest

Trending

Trending