The Student Room Group

Intercalating at KCL

Hi,

I've just finished first year at KCL, however unfortunately failed both my phase 2 exams. I am going to resit them and put the work in over the next month or so to hopefully pass. I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can still intercalate after your 2nd year even if you fail first year exams first time around at KCL?

I have contacted people and I have received fairly mixed information. Obviously this is to worry about later on in the year as resits are a priority at the moment, but I was just wondering if people had this information just so I can know where I stand after marginally failing these exams.

Thanks!
Original post by Tilly.tilly
Hi,

I've just finished first year at KCL, however unfortunately failed both my phase 2 exams. I am going to resit them and put the work in over the next month or so to hopefully pass. I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can still intercalate after your 2nd year even if you fail first year exams first time around at KCL?

I have contacted people and I have received fairly mixed information. Obviously this is to worry about later on in the year as resits are a priority at the moment, but I was just wondering if people had this information just so I can know where I stand after marginally failing these exams.

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to intercalate -however, as your application will be based on your academic record to date, you may struggle to get onto first choice programmes, especially if they are more competitive ones, as it is based on number of places (internal and external). A friend of mine resat a first year paper and intercalated, but in a programme that had spaces remaining.

Don't worry too much, just focus on passing those resist for now. There is also the option of intercalating later on after 3rd or 4th year, giving you time to work on your academic record.

I hope that helps, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending