The Student Room Group

I lost three stones -- ask me anything!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alright and how long did it take you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Adam'
Alright and how long did it take you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From October to July... So round about 8-9 months..
Reply 22
Original post by Kasa
From October to July... So round about 8-9 months..

Oh wow, nice! How many calories did you have a day and how long did you spend in the gym a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adam'
Kind of, she needs to lose 4 stones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is important for her to pick an exercise she enjoys and then try to get a large proportion of her time on that machine to have a heart rate over 160 imo, assuming she is circa 20. Whilst being careful at what she eats, maintaing calories out > calories in, so a deficit will lead to her losing weight long term. I got to say once I started to exercise I really enjoyed it and lost about 25 kilos between last April to November.
Reply 24
Original post by samiz20891
I think it is important for her to pick an exercise she enjoys and then try to get a large proportion of her time on that machine to have a heart rate over 160 imo, assuming she is circa 20. Whilst being careful at what she eats, maintaing calories out > calories in, so a deficit will lead to her losing weight long term. I got to say once I started to exercise I really enjoyed it and lost about 25 kilos between last April to November.

Alright thanks. We're going skiing next year and she needs to lose weight and get fit to ski, so that is our mission for the next few months! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Adam'
Oh wow, nice! How many calories did you have a day and how long did you spend in the gym a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I was losing the weight, I did two hours for four days on the stairmaster; Sometimes five..

Now I do something different..
Reply 26
Why did you let yourself get so fat?
Reply 27
Original post by Kasa
When I was losing the weight, I did two hours for four days on the stairmaster; Sometimes five..

Now I do something different..

Oh ok, a lot longer than we do. We do an hour every other day. Did you just workout normally or do specific things like interval training?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by puma21

Most people don't choose to get fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by puma21

Well one of my parents was abusing me and I had no friends = depression..
Reply 30
Original post by Adam'
Most people don't choose to get fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but they choose to overeat which leads to them becoming fat. The vast majority of people who are fat are fat by choice.
Reply 31
Original post by puma21
No but they choose to overeat which leads to them becoming fat. The vast majority of people who are fat are fat by choice.

That's not always true -- although it was in my case. Some people are naturally low metabolisers, whilst others lack the thing that the stomach secretes to tell the brain that it is full.. or something..
Original post by puma21

A lot of people turn to food because it's the only thing that makes them feel better when they are down, or get really really intense cravings due to hormonal imbalances that make them feel horrid and only go away by eating the desired food. Having started off skinny and then suffered from both of these problems I know how extremely difficult a situation it is, and people making fat jokes and thinking you chose to look this way only makes it 10x worse. You don't choose to get fat, it's just all your problems swelling up inside of you :frown:

Although some fat people are just lazy gluttonous sh*ts, don't get me wrong :P But don't categorise us all that way please.
Well i chose it:biggrin: i mean i didn't want to get fat but i stayed lazy all the time on couch...now i have to loose 2 stones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What sort of body shape do you have and are you left with any jelly bits?
Reply 35
Original post by nevergiveupsoap
What sort of body shape do you have and are you left with any jelly bits?

Around my chest area yes -- where the man boobs were -- the rest is fine..

The skin around my arms and legs is quite loose, but I was young when I lost it...
Well done! :smile:
Are you still fat?
Reply 38
Original post by letsbehonest
Are you still fat?

75kg, 180 height...

BMI- 23
Original post by Kasa
75kg, 180 height...

BMI- 23

Do you like what you see in the mirror when you are naked?

Quick Reply

Latest