The Student Room Group

Really down about being a bit naughty at university

Does every girl do it? My number is not that bad I just feel awful because im just over 10 and I'm 21?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So what, if you had fun. Imagine it's a bit above average. But just become a touch forgetful when discussing with future partners..
Did you hurt anyone? Most people have done much worse than had a few consensual shags (which isn't wrong at all). Don't let society shame you, if casual sex is making you feel ****ty stop doing it, but you haven't done anything bad.
Original post by Till234
Does every girl do it? My number is not that bad I just feel awful because im just over 10 and I'm 21?

No. Not every girl does it. I know a few but not many. If you want to sleep around at uni then nobody is stopping you. If you can hold your head up high at the end of the day, then more power to you!
Original post by Till234

What we talking about here - number of biscuits we've eaten at one go? ( In which case I'm a whole packet!)

Or are we talking about something else. If you were a bloke people would be slapping you on the back and saying well done. Double standards eh.

Well I will let you into a secret (don't tell anyone ) I am quite a bit older than you - my kids are at university and I was probably about 20 by the same age. It was easier in those days - we didn't have all the pesky little diseases that you get theses days - well at least not HIV and I don't think clamydia was around in such huge numbers. Our biggest risk was an unwanted pregnancy because contraception wasn't so good or perhaps a dose of herpes.

Just be careful though - try and find a steady relationship - although I have to say if I was your age again - I would be swinging from the chandeliers being a very bad girl
Reply 5
I am currently seeing someone who knows what I've done and who with and so on, I just feel awful as I feel like I'm being judged on this, for some reason I feel like their is nobody worse than me
Reply 6
There's nothing wrong with casual sex. You're not harming anyone. However if you do feel guilty about it then maybe don't do it anymore. Though that can be easier said than done. Why do you feel awful? Is it because of what others may say about your number or is casual sex against your usual morals?

Do what makes you happy at the end of the day. A high number doesn't make you a bad person. Just because another person may have slept with less people than you have it doesn't make them a better person, it's all about the content of your character.

Feel free to PM me if you want. xx
Reply 7
Original post by Till234

How many people you sleep with is none of anybody's business. However, I would highly recommend not telling future long-term partners what your number is because it might freak them out :eek:

Just be careful :biggrin:
Reply 8
Slut-o-meter reading: 3.5/10.

I know some girls closing in on Avagadro's number.
As long as you were being safe then nothing to worry about. Not everyone in uni does it but then again not everyone in uni eats meat or drinks coffee so it's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Till234
I am currently seeing someone who knows what I've done and who with and so on, I just feel awful as I feel like I'm being judged on this, for some reason I feel like their is nobody worse than me

There are women out there whose number is higher than yours :smile:
That number is tiny for a decent percentage of males the same age as you. As long as you had fun and weren't allowing complete arse holes just use you, give yourself a break.

Double standards, is just males being insecure, or seriously inhibited females being jealous...
Reply 12
Original post by jay2013
How many people you sleep with is none of anybody's business. However, I would highly recommend not telling future long-term partners what your number is because it might freak them out :eek:

Just be careful :biggrin:

Seems a bit dishonest. Are lies the best foundation for a relationship? :tongue:

Lots of people wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not sure how I'd feel. Sometimes I'd prefer it if she hadn't done that, other times I'd find it sexy as fook and like the difference between us (she'd seem more experienced in life etc)
Reply 13
Original post by Till234

To be honest, I doubt it matters. I think some people get upset when they really like someone and they continue to behave in that way or whatever...but it's still not really their business, as much as it's a shame for them.
Seriously get some self respect. And by that I don't mean sleep with less people, I mean stop ****ing worrying about it and go out and bloody live your life. Jesus.
Original post by nohomo
Seems a bit dishonest. Are lies the best foundation for a relationship? :tongue:

Lots of people wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not sure how I'd feel. Sometimes I'd prefer it if she hadn't done that, other times I'd find it sexy as fook and like the difference between us (she'd seem more experienced in life etc)

Well, perhaps not. But there are some men who cannot handle the fact that the girl has slept with over 10 men or has had more partners than himself. It can make the guy insecure and lead him to think that the girl is a s*** who just sleeps with any guy and is going to cheat on him, even if they are both in a committed relationship together.

It really does depend on the guy and his attitude towards sex.
Reply 16
Original post by jay2013
Well, perhaps not. But there are some men who cannot handle the fact that the girl has slept with over 10 men or has had more partners than himself. It can make the guy insecure and lead him to think that the girl is a s*** who just sleeps with any guy and is going to cheat on him, even if they are both in a committed relationship together.

It really does depend on the guy and his attitude towards sex.

Can these guys be otherwise nice? Not saying they can't, just wondering...
Original post by Till234

That's pretty bad imo.

Original post by Clip
Slut-o-meter reading: 3.5/10.

I know some girls closing in on Avagadro's number.

6.02*10^23/(60*60*24*365*21)=9.09*10^14. So about 9*10^14 amount of sex per second.

Assumptions:

1. Letting the number of days in a year = 365, disregarding 365 and a quarter, and 366(leap year).

2. The girls you are talking about are perfectly aged 21.

Let 9*10^14 = x, and as x approaches 0, sex will tend to infinity(a vertical asymptote if virginity lost at 16) since the girls you are talking about have already lost their v-card, that means that you would get negative sex, which cannot occur.

I call bs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by donutaud15
As long as you were being safe then nothing to worry about. Not everyone in uni does it but then again not everyone in uni eats meat or drinks coffee so it's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say eating meat's a fair bit naughtier than what she's done :tongue:
Original post by nohomo
Can these guys be otherwise nice? Not saying they can't, just wondering...

Of course they can be nice. They can be smart, funny, good-looking and everything else but like I posted they may have a problem, consciously or subconsciously, with how many partners you've had.

That's why I think it's always best not to reveal your number. What happened in the past is in the past and it has no real bearing on present or future relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest