The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't make out like I'm the one in the wrong lol, you literally said "everything you've mentioned here is something Ozil is having to do" which was simply incorrect.

Okay, you got me, the whole time I've lived in London I actually didn't know it was in Europe.
Original post by alittlehelp
Okay, you got me, the whole time I've lived in London I actually didn't know it was in Europe.

Maybe say what you mean next time rather than saying things that are wrong to attempt to make your point stronger?
By 1 point. The season after RVP left you had money to bring in good players in Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski to somewhat replace RVP. Whereas had Cesc left in 09-10 you wouldn't have replaced him as well, as shown by you having a net spend of -£31m and bringing back Sol Campbell. So it's a different situation.

Well this is just circular logic isnt it? We brought in £30m odd for Cesc and had we sold him in 2009 then we'd have had that money then to spend then, as opposed to spending it later on Santi etc.

Cesc was replaceable, he was replaced.
Cesc didn't have the bottle the year before he went to Barca. Was always injured and didn't look like he could be arsed when we were really up against it. That back heel at the Nou Camp...
Original post by Zürich
Well this is just circular logic isnt it? We brought in £30m odd for Cesc and had we sold him in 2009 then we'd have had that money then to spend then, as opposed to spending it later on Santi etc.

Cesc was replaceable, he was replaced.

I wouldn't say we replaced him immediately, Arteta isn't a replacement. But for sure with Ozil, we have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like they have tried their best....

Just Wenger presses through with this deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Looks like they have tried their best....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt Sanchez has even heard of Brendan Rogers.
Original post by De Chirico

https://twitter.com/LFCwisdoms/status/486214963988795393

Cringe :lol:.

Can't think of a more cringeworthy club than Liverpool. The whole "we go again" thing last season... Rogers in general... Don't know if you saw any of 'This Is Liverpool' but it genuinely was like watching The Office.

Only speaking the truth, With sanchez iminent arrival, arsene needs to pick up the ante and get players in reasonable time for the pre season. Gives time to them!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:......... and pick up ronaldo and messi along the way!
idk why we hitting up lars again, makes no sense after the amount of times we've been rejected. both khedira and schneiderlin would probably cost less too.

if we land sanchez then i think its the first time in ages our midfield and strike options have been this versatile, in terms of potential formations we could use.
Original post by De Chirico

Doubt many players outside England have tbh :laugh: Who's going to choose to play under some unknown when there is Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc? This has Spurs 2013 written all over it.
Original post by sr90
Doubt many players outside England have tbh :laugh: Who's going to choose to play under some unknown when there is Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc? This has Spurs 2013 written all over it.

Shh don't call Brendan unknown you'll make them angry :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Youve got very cocky since Van Gaal was appointed. :lolwut:
Original post by CB91
Youve got very cocky since Van Gaal was appointed. :lolwut:

Would you not be too?

1404763379243.jpg

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
Would you not be too?

1404763379243.jpg

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not with your squad, no. He's a good manager, not a miracle worker.
Original post by CB91
Not with your squad, no. He's a good manager, not a miracle worker.

The same squad that won the league 2 seasons ago and has arguably improved since then?
The same squad that won the league 2 seasons ago and has arguably improved since then?

Utd fans keep saying that, as if that was anything more than Fergie doing what he did in a very very weak season. :rolleyes:
The penny hasnt dropped either, Moyes being so terrible has clouded reality still more
Reply 9618
Original post by Zürich
Utd fans keep saying that, as if that was anything more than Fergie doing what he did in a very very weak season. :rolleyes:
The penny hasnt dropped either, Moyes being so terrible has clouded reality still more

I think most people accept our squad is fairly poor, certainly not good enough to win the league as it stands now, I think certainly Arsenal, City, Chelsea and probably Liverpool all have better squads atm- it's more a case of to the extent that people underrate the squad. I agree that 2012-13 was won because of SAF, but surely the players have some imput? They're also "winners" in the sense they have experience of being in and winning a title race so pressure shouldn't really factor in, and we do have a few WC players within there. It's only really a CB, CDM and a winger short of competing tbh. But I would agree that at this point in time, I think we will struggle for top 4 with the squad in it's current state.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

I'm not saying it's the best squad in the league, I'm saying it's good enough that it wouldn't be a "miracle" if we won it.

Chelsea and City's are better, Arsenal and Liverpool's around the same level.

Latest