The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Entry Requirements ASAP please

Please respond ASAP. I have received a 8.95 overall with 8.9 in Maths. The offer was of 9 overall and 8.5 in Maths. Will I be accepted into Computer Science Bsc?
Reply 1
Depends on how many other people miss their offer, which you won't find out for a while. It's close and you've done well in the most important aspect, so if there's space then it's more likely than not that you will be accepted but nobody can answer this with any certainty.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by RazvanD
Please respond ASAP. I have received a 8.95 overall with 8.9 in Maths. The offer was of 9 overall and 8.5 in Maths. Will I be accepted into Computer Science Bsc?

Nobody here can tell you this and the university itself won't know until results day in August, when it will know how many other people also missed their offers.
Reply 3
Original post by Nymthae
Depends on how many other people miss their offer, which you won't find out for a while. It's close and you've done well in the most important aspect, so if there's space then it's more likely than not that you will be accepted but nobody can answer this with any certainty.

Thank you very much for your reply. I really hope that I get in. I couldn't focus really well during the last exam in informatics ... In which I should have got a darn 10! Bad luck for me I guess. But there's still a chance :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Nobody here can tell you this and the university itself won't know until results day in August, when it will know how many other people also missed their offers.

I was thinking that maybe it happened to someone else too.
Original post by RazvanD
I was thinking that maybe it happened to someone else too.

It has happened to thousands and thousands over the years, but unfortunately that doesn't help you. Many will have been let in and many will have been refused, but it changes every year because of the numbers involved. You will hear many comforting stories and many unhappy ones too, but it won't give you any more certainty about what will happen to you, I'm afraid. It's a waiting game now.
Reply 6
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It has happened to thousands and thousands over the years, but unfortunately that doesn't help you. Many will have been let in and many will have been refused, but it changes every year because of the numbers involved. You will hear many comforting stories and many unhappy ones too, but it won't give you any more certainty about what will happen to you, I'm afraid. It's a waiting game now.

That's exactly what I've been looking for. Comforting stories. I suppose you understand how I feel with 0.05 below the required score. That small number is crucial to my entire future.
Original post by RazvanD
That's exactly what I've been looking for. Comforting stories. I suppose you understand how I feel with 0.05 below the required score. That small number is crucial to my entire future.

Yes, I can quite understand that, and you will find plenty on here. Hope it turns out well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending