The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are we even getting a striker? Or is Wenger cooking up some moronic plan to convert a winger to take the place of the irreplaceable (to us mere mortals: Lord/God/Darth/King) Bendtner?
Original post by C.Almasy
Are we even getting a striker? Or is Wenger cooking up some moronic plan to convert a winger to take the place of the irreplaceable (to us mere mortals: Lord/God/Darth/King) Bendtner?

1. Who is available?

2. Giroud is way too underrated among Arsenal fans. Just bring in a decent back up willing to warm the bench/be a super sub.

3. Most likely Sanchez would be used as the alternative when Giroud is unavailable (if we get him).

I am more than happy for Giroud to lead the line if we get Sanchez. His link up play, banging left foot and physicality :sogood:. And if Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey chip in with a couple of goals then there isn't need for another striker.
Reply 9622
^Lul. Lul. Lul. Do you have a prion-related disorder Basiji?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basiji
1. Who is available?

2. Giroud is way too underrated among Arsenal fans. Just bring in a decent back up willing to warm the bench/be a super sub.

3. Most likely Sanchez would be used as the alternative when Giroud is unavailable (if we get him).

I am more than happy for Giroud to lead the line if we get Sanchez. His link up play, banging left foot and physicality :sogood:. And if Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey chip in with a couple of goals then there isn't need for another striker.

He honestly is just a flashier version of Dirk ****ing Kuyt. ****s sake, we're better than this! Mandzukic, Remy , even Joel bloody Campbell inspires more confidence than Giroud. Oh btw, obvious trolling, same guy who thought Arteta was world class.
He honestly is just a flashier version of Dirk ****ing Kuyt. ****s sake, we're better than this! Mandzukic, Remy , even Joel bloody Campbell inspires more confidence than Giroud. Oh btw, obvious trolling, same guy who thought Arteta was world class.

Not even trolling mate. You obviously don't see his qualities and how he fits in our system. Thank the Lord you're not the manager.

PS never said Arteta was world class. He was banging in his first season at Arsenal though.

#ArseneKnows
Original post by Basiji
Not even trolling mate. You obviously don't see his qualities and how he fits in our system. Thank the Lord you're not the manager.

PS never said Arteta was world class. He was banging in his first season at Arsenal though.

#ArseneKnows

Every time I see Giroud put on an Arsenal shirt the further I am pushed towards becoming an adopted Manchester City fan. He kicks the Arsenal out of every single fan. Worst striker we have ever had apart from Jeffers/Aliadiere.
Every time I see Giroud put on an Arsenal shirt the further I am pushed towards becoming an adopted Manchester City fan. He kicks the Arsenal out of every single fan. Worst striker we have ever had apart from Jeffers/Aliadiere.

:lolwut: Are you sure you're not the one trolling?
Original post by Basiji
:lolwut: Are you sure you're not the one trolling?

Serious. I want to turn off the tv whenever one of our midfielders pass him the ball. The gulf in talent is abominable.
Serious. I want to turn off the tv whenever one of our midfielders pass him the ball. The gulf in talent is abominable.

You mean turn off the stream from your armchair

Agree. For every fancy flick that comes off there are hours of dross to endure. Wayward shooting, promising attacking moves coming to an abrupt end and that annoying bemused look we see so often plastered all over his face.
Original post by sevchenko
You mean turn off the stream from your armchair

Any mug can see that he is midtable quality at best. Give a player like Jelavic the supply of Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere and he too would look half-decent at times. We are better than this.
Reply 9631
Sanchez deal will get hijacked

I know it

**** you

:angry:
Ffs, we were praising Giroud up until December, now people don't want him anywhere near the first eleven. I swear some Arsenal fans piss me off. He is still a very good player, frustrating at times but he is far from the player some of you make him out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by De Chirico
Agree. For every fancy flick that comes off there are hours of dross to endure. Wayward shooting, promising attacking moves coming to an abrupt end and that annoying bemused look we see so often plastered all over his face.

Any mug can see that he is midtable quality at best. Give a player like Jelavic the supply of Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere and he too would look half-decent at times. We are better than this.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2013/2014/olivier_giroud/64/64/115/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/loïc_remy/64/64/1183/39/p|bundesliga/2013/2014/mario_mandzukic/66/66/13/0/p#successful_passes/key_passes/tackles_won/aerial_duels_won/aerial_duels_won_%/interceptions/chances_created/assists/total_passes/clearances#total

Squaka is a very useful tool

Giroud excels in every department...but that's none of my bussiness
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Basiji
1. Who is available?

Lmao you love Giroud way too much.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Arsenal and Liverpool's around the same level.

debateable, both have a better system than you atm though. that could change depending on LVG tactics though.
Original post by B-Stacks
Ffs, we were praising Giroud up until December, now people don't want him anywhere near the first eleven. I swear some Arsenal fans piss me off. He is still a very good player, frustrating at times but he is far from the player some of you make him out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has improved but I still think he isn't good enough to be spear heading Arsenal's attack. We saw last year he simply failed to deliver against the big teams in the big games when we may only get two or three decent chances.

I do think, however, with Sanchez coming (maybe), a better Ozil and a fit Walcott and Ramsey, Giroud can make a positive contribution. But I still think we someone of a good quality to push him. If you don't perform, I'm in. We saw it last year with Sanogo taking his place numerous times. He needs to up his game. Or it may be that Arsenal and leading our attack is too much to ask of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
debateable, both have a better system than you atm though. that could change depending on LVG tactics though.

Well yeah we don't know what system we'll play yet. But I mean based on just players.
Original post by qwerty_mad
We saw last year he simply failed to deliver against the big teams in the big games when we may only get two or three decent chances.
Posted from TSR Mobile

the midfield should be doing better then really. we cant be giving giroud 2 or 3 chances per game. he's only anonymous in big games because or midfield falls apart so hard that they cant keep the ball in the opposition half for more than 3 minutes which means he doesnt get a chance to play off players etc.

not defending giroud and would prefer mandzukic but he's not as waste as you lot are claiming.

Latest