The Student Room Group

Is this girl interested or not ?? can you girls tell me from a female point of view ?

Met this beautiful girl at a bar ten days ago. After half an hour of eye contact and a smile from her , i went over and we started chatting . She was very open, interested , slightly touchy feely and was dropping hints about us meeting up . After about 45 minutes and a couple of drinks , me and my freinds were going to leave leave to go to a party; I got her number and then text her mine the next day .

She immediately started firing the standard text small talk , slightly flirty texts at me for about two days . Not wanting things to get too boring or stale, I decided to cut to the chase . " when are you gunna let me take you out on the town ?" ...she responds "ooo when were you thinking " i respond " possibly next weekend " she responds "yeah sounds good im free one of the nights "
Then i text her telling her i cant go out that weekend as had to go on a work trip (which was true). She seemed fine with that and we kept just texting . A few nights ago i was texting her , and she randomly called me ....we spoke on the phone for about two hours, plenty of laughter , flirting . A few times when a place or event came in to conversation she would say " we should go sometime etc " and i ended the conversation politely and nicely . She sent me a cute little goodnight text with some inside humour we had developed.

The major doubts i have are the fact that some of the time she takes a long time to respond to texts....
Sometimes like two hours
The initiation of the texting is pretty even but she always takes longer to respond
We havent text each other for over 24 hours
So i decided to send her a text two hours ago , saying " hey beautiful , how was your monday (plus a few extra inside jokes )
Haven't got a reply and it has been two hours
She is the type of girl to always have her phone on her so she has seen it
She is not texting back quickly on purpose

am wondering because she is so hot she must have loads of guys texting her and am i one of many texts she is trying to juggle?
Or is she trying to play it cool/hard to get
Or is she not that interested ?
It seems like she's pretty interested if she's keen to talk and meet up. As for not texting back immediately, it could mean that she doesn't want to look too eager, or she could just be one of those people that doesn't text back straight away. I hate texting and a lot of the time, I'll read a text as soon as I get it and just forget to respond. Doesn't mean it's personal!
I'd give it a little longer!
Original post by bumblebee342
It seems like she's pretty interested if she's keen to talk and meet up. As for not texting back immediately, it could mean that she doesn't want to look too eager, or she could just be one of those people that doesn't text back straight away. I hate texting and a lot of the time, I'll read a text as soon as I get it and just forget to respond. Doesn't mean it's personal!
I'd give it a little longer!

yeah i feel like taking ages to text back is a bit of a game , which is off putting and unecessary imo/
By the sounds of it, she likes you, come on, just the start of your post said it. "After half an hour of eye contact and a smile from her" - that shows she is interested in you.

In my opinion she is keen on you but has started to play 'hard to get'. I think this because she probably thinks that was what you was doing when you called the weekend off, so my guess is that she though "two can play that game". This is probably the reason as to why the slow responses occurred after that weekend.
Original post by Just_Need_To
By the sounds of it, she likes you, come on, just the start of your post said it. "After half an hour of eye contact and a smile from her" - that shows she is interested in you.

In my opinion she is keen on you but has started to play 'hard to get'. I think this because she probably thinks that was what you was doing when you called the weekend off, so my guess is that she though "two can play that game". This is probably the reason as to why the slow responses occurred after that weekend.

yeah i am in no doubt that she initially was very interested 100 percent . But has interest waned , that is the question . Been 3 hours without reply ...
Original post by dwightschrute89
yeah i am in no doubt that she initially was very interested 100 percent . But has interest waned , that is the question . Been 3 hours without reply ...

No-one can answer that to be honest mate. If it was me, i'd just wait at least a bit longer.

Wait a day or two, then if she still hasn't replied. Most likely check up and see if she is ok. Then if no response after another 2-5 days. Just move on, you never know there could be various reasons as to why she isn't replying.

She could be on holiday, her phone could be broke, she may have gone somewhere for a few days and forgot he phone. You never know.
Met this beautiful girl at a bar ten days ago. After half an hour of eye contact and a smile from her , i went over and we started chatting . She was very open, interested , slightly touchy feely and was dropping hints about us meeting up . After about 45 minutes and a couple of drinks , me and my freinds were going to leave leave to go to a party; I got her number and then text her mine the next day .

She immediately started firing the standard text small talk , slightly flirty texts at me for about two days . Not wanting things to get too boring or stale, I decided to cut to the chase . " when are you gunna let me take you out on the town ?" ...she responds "ooo when were you thinking " i respond " possibly next weekend " she responds "yeah sounds good im free one of the nights "
Then i text her telling her i cant go out that weekend as had to go on a work trip (which was true). She seemed fine with that and we kept just texting . A few nights ago i was texting her , and she randomly called me ....we spoke on the phone for about two hours, plenty of laughter , flirting . A few times when a place or event came in to conversation she would say " we should go sometime etc " and i ended the conversation politely and nicely . She sent me a cute little goodnight text with some inside humour we had developed.

The major doubts i have are the fact that some of the time she takes a long time to respond to texts....
Sometimes like two hours
The initiation of the texting is pretty even but she always takes longer to respond
So i decided to send her a text two hours ago , saying " hey beautiful , how was your monday (plus a few extra inside jokes )

am wondering because she is so hot she must have loads of guys texting her and am i one of many texts she is trying to juggle?

She sounds genuinely interested. As for the delayed texting, there are a couple possibilities:
-She doesn't like to text back straight away (I'm like this, if I'm out or something then I prefer to think about what I'm going to reply to someone so I leave the text until I have time. That way there are less miscommunications)
-Her phone is lost or dead.
-She or her friends might feel she was being too eager and so she's trying to act "cool/hard to get".
-Something might have happened (i.e. something serious like a lost job or a family death) and she just needs space.
-She's lost interest for whatever reason. I doubt this one from what you say your interactions have been like but it's always a possibility. Don't just assume it though, wait until it's clear if this is the case.

Also, just cause she's hot doesn't automatically mean she has a lot of guys texting her. Js.
She's definitely interested. But instead of simply cancelling your date on the weekend, I would have rearranged, because to her it might seem like you're playing hard to get.
Not every girl has to respond immediately you know...
Sounds like she is interested.

Sometimes like two hours

she sounds interested
personally, i take about two hours to text back (sometimes days) - its nothing personal i just dont text back frequently or im busy
She's interested, and she's probably not playing 'hard to get'. She's probably read the text and wondering what to respond with. Give her more time and don't hound her too much, she'll get uninterested quickly if you text her non-stop and expect a reply straight away. Also, she may have run out of credit! That happened to me once, and the guy I was texting texted me a load of abuse, just because I hadn't replied. That worked out alright for me, at least I knew what he was like from a distance and through a phone, rather than finding out when he was stood next to me!
Omg 2 whole hours!

Seriously why don't you make plans for a time when you are both free and lay off the texting a bit, you're over thinking it. Perhaps she is too, hence her delayed replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending