The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about A-Levels?

I'm starting A-Levels in september and from people who have already been to sixth form/ are in sixth form all I keep hearing is that its really difficult.
I know its going to be a step up from GCSE and a lot more work will need to be put in but is it really as bad as people make it out to be? or does this depend on the subjects you take?
Reply 1
Original post by cnstudy
I'm starting A-Levels in september and from people who have already been to sixth form/ are in sixth form all I keep hearing is that its really difficult.
I know its going to be a step up from GCSE and a lot more work will need to be put in but is it really as bad as people make it out to be? or does this depend on the subjects you take?

It does depend somewhat on the person, the subjects their doing, their aptitude for the subject and the amount of work a given sixth form sets. Of course it's highly likely to be a bit more work than GCSE, but if you manage your time well, use free periods wisely, don't let work build up and make the most of the help available in school you'll be fine. :smile:

Most people, even the brightest students, will find sixth form a bit tough at first but once you've settled in and got used to a study pattern in a few weeks I'm sure you'll find it manageable. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest