The Student Room Group

Radical feminism infiltrating our schools

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nimrodstower
The op sounds like a typical misogynist to me. Will women ever get the vote?

Accusations of bigotry are always the first resort of someone who doesn't know how to debate.
Original post by #Ridwan
Accusations of bigotry are always the first resort of someone who doesn't know how to debate.

Actually I thought that was the resort of spurious and emotive arguments. You made the posts, all subjective, you did not even concede a counter argument, it was all what you thought.
Reply 62
Actually I thought that was the resort of spurious and emotive arguments. You made the posts, all subjective, you did not even concede a counter argument, it was all what you thought.

I haven't seen any convincing counter arguments yet.
Original post by #Ridwan
I haven't seen any convincing counter arguments yet.

There is always a counter argument, you do not see one because you don't look. You see this as RADICAL feminism, when it could be feminism, or it could be that women are fed up of being dumped on by men. You cannot deny that women, even in the west are regarded as 2nd class, they earn less money, they have less status than men, and continually are used as punchbags. I am glad that you are not going into education, I think educators should look at life from all angles.
Original post by #Ridwan
Women have equality. Feminism has gone way beyond equality and is now aimed at oppressing free speech and acquiring unearned privileges for women.

Women have equality? Are you freaking kidding me?

When my friend was advised by her teacher not to take engineering because "it's not really for girls", was that equality?
What about the fact that, despite the illegality of it, there are still plenty of instances where women are paid less than men for the same job?
Or how about the fact that this week our country yelled and yelled over a girl performing sex acts on multiple men but GOD FORBID the men get any of the grief for it?
Or even the fact that the same main culprit of that ^ double standard is a newspaper which is still so stuck in the 1970s that the biggest picture of a woman that it features on any given day is that of a docile, wordless, sexualised one?
What about the fact that Hatton and Trautner recently found that women are so much more likely to be sexualised by the media in general?
Maybe you could look at the fact that when Beth Tweddle, an olympian, took to Twitter to inspire other sportswomen, all of the comments she received were based on her appearance, and insults towards that?
OR HEY! We could look at the fact that we live in a culture where a woman is blamed for being raped. Victim complex?! More than ****ing likely, we are the victims! When a girl is assaulted and attacked she is asked was she drinking, what was she wearing, maybe she led the attacker on....?
Another one! You could concentrate on the fact that there's a tax on sanitary items. Because they're considered 'unessential'. A tax. Based on gender.

There are so many more and if you REALLY think that women are equal, you're ignorant.
Original post by FreckledFeminist

When my friend was advised by her teacher not to take engineering because "it's not really for girls", was that equality?
What about the fact that, despite the illegality of it, there are still plenty of instances where women are paid less than men for the same job?
Or how about the fact that this week our country yelled and yelled over a girl performing sex acts on multiple men but GOD FORBID the men get any of the grief for it?
Or even the fact that the same main culprit of that ^ double standard is a newspaper which is still so stuck in the 1970s that the biggest picture of a woman that it features on any given day is that of a docile, wordless, sexualised one?
What about the fact that Hatton and Trautner recently found that women are so much more likely to be sexualised by the media in general?
Maybe you could look at the fact that when Beth Tweddle, an olympian, took to Twitter to inspire other sportswomen, all of the comments she received were based on her appearance, and insults towards that?
OR HEY! We could look at the fact that we live in a culture where a woman is blamed for being raped. Victim complex?! More than ****ing likely, we are the victims! When a girl is assaulted and attacked she is asked was she drinking, what was she wearing, maybe she led the attacker on....?
Another one! You could concentrate on the fact that there's a tax on sanitary items. Because they're considered 'unessential'. A tax. Based on gender.

There are so many more and if you REALLY think that women are equal, you're ignorant.

You tell it better than me, you MUST be radical. It does piss me off when we get such blatant misogyny as this thread.
Reply 66
Original post by FreckledFeminist

She could have just ignored him. Nothing stopping her from taking engineering anyway.

Like you said, it's illegal, so they should sue. Why don't they? Nothing stopping them.

Publicly performing fellatio on 23(?) men in public is objectively disgusting. I agree that the men shouldn't have participated but I fail to see the inequality here.

The Sun wants to make a profit and they are simply taking advantage of the fact that there is more demand for topless women than topless men. Those women who do want to look at topless men have women's magazines which are stocked pretty much everywhere.

As above, there is more demand for sexualised women than sexualised men. Again, I fail to see where there is a breach of equality legislation here.

Not acceptable and I strongly oppose the idiots who make those comments, but again, not a breach of equality. Nearly all celebrities on Twitter get abused.

Again, she shouldn't be treated in that way but rape is illegal and the only way these attitudes will be defeated is if rape victims stand up to them in court. Difficult to ascertain how prevalent these views are btw.

I'll give you this one, this is inequality and the tax on sanitary items should be abolished.

Ultimately the only barriers to female equality (aside from a handful of small examples like the sanitary towels one) are psychological. If I was a woman, I probably wouldn't like Page 3 or the Blurred Lines video, but there are no actual breaches of equality legislation here. They are simply a consequence of the media trying to make a profit.

If women want to pursue careers in male dominated roles there is nothing stopping them. The example of the female engineering student is typical of this. The teacher sure as hell shouldn't be making comments like that but ultimately the only way that attitude will be defeated is if women pursue that career path anyway regardless of discouragement.
Reply 67
You tell it better than me, you MUST be radical. It does piss me off when we get such blatant misogyny as this thread.

I don't think she is radical, but she is mostly wrong. Don't confuse negative attitudes towards women with inequality. They are not the same thing.
the radical, man hating element of the feminist movement has destroyed what feminism set out to achieve, equality. The more extreme cock stampers have ailienated men that would have been sympthetic to the feminist movement. feminism is just the butt of bad jokes now.
Reply 69
There is always a counter argument, you do not see one because you don't look. You see this as RADICAL feminism, when it could be feminism, or it could be that women are fed up of being dumped on by men. You cannot deny that women, even in the west are regarded as 2nd class, they earn less money, they have less status than men, and continually are used as punchbags. I am glad that you are not going into education, I think educators should look at life from all angles.

1) Being regarded as 2nd class means nothing. There are many people who don't like me, but I just suck it up and deal with it.
2) There are no legal barriers than prevent women earning as much as/more than men.
3) Status means nothing...again see #1
4) There is more violence against men than women. I assume you are referring to domestic violence. This may sound harsh but there do need to be stronger messages given to women with regards to leaving abusive relationships etc.

I do look at life from all angles. Whether you are male, female, straight, gay, trans, black, Muslim... the list goes on, the only person who can secure the best outcomes for you is yourself. Feminists want special privileges put in place for women. I do agree that women are negatively portrayed in the media a lot of the time but the key to success for women is rising above it rather than moaning and trying to enact legislation restricting our freedoms.
Original post by #Ridwan
I don't think she is radical, but she is mostly wrong. Don't confuse negative attitudes towards women with inequality. They are not the same thing.

I do not confuse negative attitudes with inequality in any scenario. Inequality is something we are trying to eradicate in the world, negative attitudes are normally passed on, mostly through ignorance and the people we interact with, and normally end up with threads like this. At one time your condemnation would be aimed at uppity *******.
Reply 71
Original post by #Ridwan
I said 90%, not 100%.

You also said there were no legal barriers.

There are legal barriers still.
Reply 72
I do not confuse negative attitudes with inequality in any scenario. Inequality is something we are trying to eradicate in the world, negative attitudes are normally passed on, mostly through ignorance and the people we interact with, and normally end up with threads like this.

I just debunked your claims of inequality in treatment of males and females, so I don't get what you're complaining about. Nor have I demonstrated a negative attitude towards women.

At one time your condemnation would be aimed at uppity *******.

This comment is disgraceful and you lose all moral high ground by saying it, as well as invalidating what you've written above.
Reply 73
Original post by Quady
You also said there were no legal barriers.

There are legal barriers still.

There aren't any major ones. So far we have the Lord's Spiritual and sanitary towels. I oppose having religious peers in the Lord's and I oppose VAT on sanitary products. Any more?
Reply 74
Original post by #Ridwan
There aren't any major ones. So far we have the Lord's Spiritual and sanitary towels. I oppose having religious peers in the Lord's and I oppose VAT on sanitary products. Any more?

Pretty much all sports they aren't allowed to compete with men. To keep things simple lets just use football as the example. Over the age of 13, women aren't allowed to play in a side with men.
Reply 75
Original post by Quady
Pretty much all sports they aren't allowed to compete with men. To keep things simple lets just use football as the example. Over the age of 13, women aren't allowed to play in a side with men.

:rofl:

That the best you can manage? Why do you think men and women compete separately in sports?

Compare the standard in the current World Cup with the women's version. There's no comparison.
Reply 76
Original post by #Ridwan
:rofl:

That the best you can manage? Why do you think men and women compete separately in sports?

Compare the standard in the current World Cup with the women's version. There's no comparison.

You think the Arsenal ladies team wouldn't beat Preston? I know who my money'd be on.

Thats the point, you can't compare. We aren't able to see who's better.

Next one, frontline combat.
Original post by #Ridwan
I just debunked your claims of inequality in treatment of males and females, so I don't get what you're complaining about. Nor have I demonstrated a negative attitude towards women.

This comment is disgraceful and you lose all moral high ground by saying it, as well as invalidating what you've written above.

You will have to direct me to your debunking of inequality or your personal attitudes to feminism. It is a MISStery.

Why was my comment disgraceful? I don't want moral high ground, I want equality, not just for women or different races, for animals too. What I hate to hear is emotive drivelled posts from people who think they have a right to separate species and sexes into hierarchical boxes.

Actually yes, it is possible to deny that women in the west are treated as second class.

The 'wage gap' is a product of free choice and different interests, not sexism. In order to eliminate the wage gap you would have to start implementing tarrifs for jobs which seems the antithesis of equality of opportunity. You cannot just compare different outcomes and say that it necessarily implies sexism, that is the corralation/causation fallacy; i.e ignoring other confounding variables.

With regards to 'punching bags', women have the short straw in terms of sexual violence. But for all other forms of violence, up to and including murder, men form the majority of the victims. To take your comment completely literally, you are actually more likely to be beaten up if you are male (and yes it is also the case the perpetrator is also likely to be male).
Original post by Quady
You think the Arsenal ladies team wouldn't beat Preston? I know who my money'd be on.

Thats the point, you can't compare. We aren't able to see who's better.

Next one, frontline combat.

is this a joke? female pro athletes routinely lose to highschool males, the female US soccer team i.e. the best female team in the world lost to a bunch of under 17 school boys, venus and serena williams got destroyed by the ranked 200 male tennis player who was drinking beer and smoking cigarrettes between games, there's male 13 year olds high school kids who run the 100 metres faster than the olympic female record, there are countless other examples, arsenal ladies would lose to my local under 15 male sunday league team srs, the difference in athleticism is enormous
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending