The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
It's nice to know he can defend unfortunately that's not what he was bought for

Urm I think that precisely why we bought him.

It's nice to know he works the all over the pitch for the TEAM not just in the final third for himself. Are you telling me his height and strength aren't valuable in defending corners?

Can you come back with proper evidence that Giroud isn't good enough
Original post by sevchenko
Urm I think that precisely why we bought him.

It's nice to know he works the all over the pitch for the TEAM not just in the final third for himself. Are you telling me his height and strength aren't valuable in defending corners?

Can you come back with proper evidence that Giroud isn't good enough

Yes we bought robin van persies replacement to defend corners.

It's nice of him to work all over the pitch unfortunately he doesn't do it where it matters
Reply 9642

It's nice of him to work all over the pitch unfortunately he doesn't do it where it matters

:ahee::ahee::ahee:killing me lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud isn't RVP replacement, he was never meant to be, He was sign to provide alternatives upfront. It's not Giroud fault Wenger hasn't found a striker to replace RVP.

Doesn't do it where it matters? He scored 22 goals this season and provided 9 assists including that backheel for Ramsey to score the winner in the FA Cup final. He kept fit all season whilst other key players got injured. Giroud doesn't get enough credit for all work that he has done.

Yet to see this football knowledge Bacon has.
Yeah that's right mate Ian Ayre is genius :lol:.

img host
Original post by sevchenko
Giroud isn't RVP replacement, he was never meant to be, He was sign to provide alternatives upfront. It's not Giroud fault Wenger hasn't found a striker to replace RVP.

Doesn't do it where it matters? He scored 22 goals this season and provided 9 assists including that backheel for Ramsey to score the winner in the FA Cup final. He kept fit all season whilst other key players got injured. Giroud doesn't get enough credit for all work that he has done.

Yet to see this football knowledge Bacon has.

Yes he clearly is rvps replacement. How anyone could argue that simple logic is beyond me.

No he doesn't do it where it matters. 3 goals in 18 big games :-)

Constant loss of possession

Constant missing of chances

Absolutely awful pass completion rate in the final third

Regularly messes attacks up

Always gets dispossessed

The one attacking stat you picked he wins on by about 2 key passes with 1000 minutes played more than the other two

A nice graph to show the downgrade :-)
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
debateable, both have a better system than you atm though. that could change depending on LVG tactics though.

I agree.

On one hand, people are underrated united too much.
But on the other hand, united fans are hyping up the potential effect of LVG.

A manager can only do so much, even one of his obvious quality.
United clearly have a lesser side than last season's top 4.

However we all know they are improving with both players and staff.
Anything can happen but as we have seen with spurs, change isn't always good.
Reply 9647
When did I say he should spend 100m?

I'm also one of the people on here who calls out the idiots who blame giroud for everything :|

Yo son. Giroud wasn't RVP replacement. Just like Cesc, RVP wasn't directly replaced.

I hope you find peace.
(edited 9 years ago)
It says enough that to praise giroud you have to compile a list of defensive stats.

How about trying this for size

0.4 goals per league game to van persies 0.79 per league game how has this ****ing charlatan made a living at arsenal. He's a mid table player at best. Half the season people were calling for bendtner to start over him and in our big champions league and FA cup game even ****ing wenger chose to give sanogo who can't hit a ****ing barn door starts over giroud
67% pass completion ****ing joke
Original post by 419
Yo son. Giroud wasn't RVP replacement. Just like Cesc, RVP wasn't directly replaced.

I hope you find peace.

Oh but actually he was mate we sold robin van persie and bought giroud in if that's not a replacement I don't know what is

**** sake

Also I still maintain that stance that giroud isn't at fault for everything the **** that's surrounded him like wilsha, cazorla, ozil and podolski all deserve as much blame
(edited 9 years ago)
It says enough that to praise giroud you have to compile a list of defensive stats.

0.4 goals per league game to van persies 0.79 per league game how has this ****ing charlatan made a living at arsenal. He's a mid table player at best. Half the season people were calling for bendtner to start over him and in our big champions league and FA cup game even ****ing wenger chose to give sanogo who can't hit a ****ing barn door starts over giroud

About a week ago you said how you're the one who opposes the "idiots" who slate Giroud.

Edit: Just seen your last post. Fair enough.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Will-2609
About a week ago you said how you're the one who opposes the "idiots" who slate Giroud.

I do I ****ing hate them idiots that blame him for all our losses when it's the shower of **** he's surrounded by just as much as him

I found it funny that giroud was getting the blame for 6-0 and 5-1 spankings tbh though
Ffs I honestly don't know if I want to support arsenal next season I'm pulling my hair out over some of the **** I've endured week in week out

Someone reassure me

Rare occasion where I agree with butty.

I also think giroud would be a decent mid tabled team striker.
But he just doesn't cut it for a top team likely arsenal.

When the league is as competitive as it has ever been, you need real quality on attack - you need to score goals.
Having brilliant creation means nothing if you don't have a striker that can do his job at a consistent, efficient level.

EDIT: he obviously isn't to blame for as many losses as people say he is, but he "should" be the reason for many more wins.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ffs I honestly don't know if I want to support arsenal next season I'm pulling my hair out over some of the **** I've endured week in week out

Someone reassure me

The **** you've endured? Try supporting a non-huge club. My club has a current squad size of about 12, has just been sent down to League One via a penalty awarded for a dive, and all our players are free to leave for nothing due to a relegation clause in their contract.

And we've just been taken over by Louis Tomlinson.

"The **** I've endured"... From an Arsenal fan... Sigh.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Rare occasion where I agree with butty.

I also think giroud would be a decent mid tabled team striker.
But he just doesn't cut it for a top team likely arsenal.

When the league is as competitive as it has ever been, you need real quality on attack - you need to score goals.
Having brilliant creation means nothing if you don't have a striker that can do his job at a consistent, efficient level.

I thought I was on your ignore list
I thought I was on your ignore list

You are, but i still watch your posts when we aren't arguing.

Anything constructive to say on my previous post or should I just leave now?
I do I ****ing hate them idiots that blame him for all our losses when it's the shower of **** he's surrounded by just as much as him

I found it funny that giroud was getting the blame for 6-0 and 5-1 spankings tbh though

Didn't you know that conceding goals are solely because the striker had a bad day.
Original post by Will-2609
The **** you've endured? Try supporting a non-huge club. My club has a current squad size of about 12, has just been sent down to League One via a penalty awarded for a dive, and all our players are free to leave for nothing due to a relegation clause in their contract.

And we've just been taken over by Louis Tomlinson.

"The **** I've endured"... From an Arsenal fan... Sigh.

Id give my left nad for Louis Tomlinson to take over arsenal. A world class singer might actually be a decent signing for a change cus the footballers we seem to go after do sweet **** all
Yes he clearly is rvps replacement. How anyone could argue that simple logic is beyond me.

No he doesn't do it where it matters. 3 goals in 18 big games :-)

Constant loss of possession

Constant missing of chances

Absolutely awful pass completion rate in the final third

Regularly messes attacks up

Always gets dispossessed

The one attacking stat you picked he wins on by about 2 key passes with 1000 minutes played more than the other two

A nice graph to show the downgrade :-)

Comparing RVP best season in an Arsenal shirt to a player who cost less than £10M is stupidity at it's best. Once again I say Giroud was meant to play alongside RVP. Wenger has been eager to use 4-4-2 again. Bids for Higuain and Suarez last summer show that Wenger wants another striker to contrast and compliment Giroud. Giroud even confessed himself he'd prefer playing along side another striker because it helps get the best out of him.

Arsenal as a team have performed poorly in the big games yet Giroud is blamed. Typical fickle scapegoating I've come to expect from some Arsenal fans.

How does he mess up attacks? He's been involved in the best attacking moves at Arsenal. Team goal against Norwich? Assist in FA Cup final? I can get may more examples to show how instrumental Giroud id in build up play

The fact that Giroud isn't clinical is the main criticism that I can level at him, I disagree with the other stuff.

Honestly what do you expect from a striker for the price of £9.6M?