The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Accommodation - Danesgate House

I'm thinking of putting Danesgate House down as my first choice on my accommodation application. Can anyone tell me what it is like if they have stayed in that accommodation before?

Also anyone else chosen this as well for their accommodation?
Not stayed there, but major refurbishment work going on. It will all be new for 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I am a second year at the university. Danesgate should be the last choice for accommodation, it is the furthest away and the place is just a dump, i am skeptical if it can actually improve from the refurb. Pavilions or Juxion are the best for your money.
Reply 3
Original post by Carl623
I am a second year at the university. Danesgate should be the last choice for accommodation, it is the furthest away and the place is just a dump, i am skeptical if it can actually improve from the refurb. Pavilions or Juxion are the best for your money.

I can't actually afford much else. I'm unable to afford the pavilions or junxions so I have to look at cheaper options. However thank you
While previous answer may have experience to offer. Please be aware of 2014/15 fees. Some are similar to others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't live there myself, but I have to be honest, it's mostly considered the worst acommodation at Lincoln. But if it's all you can afford, don't worry; Dansgate is better than nothing! Plus there will be lots of other first years there too, plus I think they have their own bar :tongue:

The best thing to do is go on facebook and search 'Danesgate' - it will come up with the facebook page for those living there this past Uni year and there's loads of posts on there that you can see (even if you're not joined) about what Danesgate's like.

I hope this helped!
Reply 6
Original post by CharlieNoir
I don't live there myself, but I have to be honest, it's mostly considered the worst acommodation at Lincoln. But if it's all you can afford, don't worry; Dansgate is better than nothing! Plus there will be lots of other first years there too, plus I think they have their own bar :tongue:

The best thing to do is go on facebook and search 'Danesgate' - it will come up with the facebook page for those living there this past Uni year and there's loads of posts on there that you can see (even if you're not joined) about what Danesgate's like.

I hope this helped!

Thank you, I guess with it being refurbished that sort of makes me think maybe it's a bit better now than what people are saying what it was like. Before I put it down though I'm definitely looking at other places first.
Original post by Kennedyh_
Thank you, I guess with it being refurbished that sort of makes me think maybe it's a bit better now than what people are saying what it was like. Before I put it down though I'm definitely looking at other places first.

I didn't consider the refurbishment but yeah you're right, it looks like it's going to be a lot better by September, but yeah there are loads of similar ones like Park Court which is quite nice.
Reply 8
Danesgate.....you'll never sleep again! Haha. My friend lived their for two years, somehow. Good to hear they're refurbing it.
I went with the company ClubEasy, and lived on Cathedral Street- nice accommodation there a fraction of the cost of the 'official' accommodations. Whatever you do avoid LightHouse Properties (or name something like that) like the plague. All their accommodation is terrible, and their service even worse.
But yeah, I had to rush around trying to get accomodation 2 weeks before I was meant to start my course, and my accomodation with Clubeasy was brilliant. See what they have, but I know they get full pretty quick.

Quick Reply

Latest