The Student Room Group

Radical feminism infiltrating our schools

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Quady
You think the Arsenal ladies team wouldn't beat Preston? I know who my money'd be on.

Thats the point, you can't compare. We aren't able to see who's better.

Next one, frontline combat.

Preston would destroy them. If you believe the ladies would win that, you know nothing about football.

Erm... why do you think women aren't allowed in frontline combat? Because they're smaller and weaker. Stop bringing up examples of where men and women are given unequal treatment due to physical differences. If anything there should be fewer women in the army as the boundaries with regards to physical fitness are lower for women to artificially inflate the number of them in the army.
Reply 81
Original post by nimrodstower
You will have to direct me to your debunking of inequality or your personal attitudes to feminism. It is a MISStery.

Why was my comment disgraceful? I don't want moral high ground, I want equality, not just for women or different races, for animals too. What I hate to hear is emotive drivelled posts from people who think they have a right to separate species and sexes into hierarchical boxes.

I'm not separating anyone into hierarchical boxes. And yes, your comment was disgraceful, stating that anyone who opposes the radicalism of today's feminist movement would have been opposed to the black civil rights movement many years ago. That's outrageous.
Reply 82
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Actually yes, it is possible to deny that women in the west are treated as second class.

The 'wage gap' is a product of free choice and different interests, not sexism. In order to eliminate the wage gap you would have to start implementing tarrifs for jobs which seems the antithesis of equality of opportunity. You cannot just compare different outcomes and say that it necessarily implies sexism, that is the corralation/causation fallacy; i.e ignoring other confounding variables.

With regards to 'punching bags', women have the short straw in terms of sexual violence. But for all other forms of violence, up to and including murder, men form the majority of the victims. To take your comment completely literally, you are actually more likely to be beaten up if you are male (and yes it is also the case the perpetrator is also likely to be male).

Original post by Greg Jackson
is this a joke? female pro athletes routinely lose to highschool males, the female US soccer team i.e. the best female team in the world lost to a bunch of under 17 school boys, venus and serena williams got destroyed by the ranked 200 male tennis player who was drinking beer and smoking cigarrettes between games, there's male 13 year olds high school kids who run the 100 metres faster than the olympic female record, there are countless other examples, arsenal ladies would lose to my local under 15 male sunday league team srs, the difference in athleticism is enormous

:congrats:

Two superb posts.
Original post by #Ridwan
No, of course not.

Not totally faultless, but 90% of the problems feminists moan about are their own fault and there are no legal barriers to women achieving what they want to.

No legal barriers =/= no social or cultural barriers.
Original post by Greg Jackson
venus and serena williams got destroyed by the ranked 200 male tennis player

Not sure if people don't know the full story of this or just deliberately misrepresent it. The unsaid implication is that this happened when the Williams sisters were winning tons of Grand Slams and were at the top of their game. In actual fact Serena was 16 years old, had never played a Grand Slam and was ranked about 100.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Sir - one syllable.
Miss - one syllable.

'Dame' is one syllable, and the direct equivalent of 'Sir'. :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by anarchism101
No legal barriers =/= no social or cultural barriers.

I'm afraid social and cultural barriers have nothing to do with the state. These are problems for women to deal with.
Reply 87
Not sure if people don't know the full story of this or just deliberately misrepresent it. The unsaid implication is that this happened when the Williams sisters were winning tons of Grand Slams and were at the top of their game. In actual fact Serena was 16 years old, had never played a Grand Slam and was ranked about 100.

There's a reason why men and women compete separately.

Any top 1000 (thousand) male player beats any female player IMO.
Reply 88
Original post by R+G are dead
To all you lovely people out there who think this thread is as ridiculous as I do, please do not feed the trolls; all it does is convince them there is really anything to be argued over concerning their views. Thank you and have a lovely day doing something more worthwhile than wasting your time on this thread :smile:. (Although I have to admit, if you're not just plain shocked by some of Ridwan's barely concealed real views [i've never met anyone so convinced/unbothered that sexism against women doesn't exist], they do make amusing reading)

I've demonstrated how there are barely any legal barriers to female equality and how any inequality is ultimately women's fault. You have yet to demonstrate otherwise, so resort to calling me a troll and telling everyone to ignore the thread, because you can't handle the fact that you are wrong.
Reply 89
Original post by R+G are dead
lol. hilarious :smile:

Good to see you maintaining a high standard of debate. :smile:
Reply 90
I have created another thread about how feminists want to see us move towards authoritarianism and dictatorship. Would appreciate your thoughts, whether you agree or not.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2732206
Original post by #Ridwan
I'm afraid social and cultural barriers have nothing to do with the state.

Why not?

Even if we ignore the fact that the state had a considerable role in erecting these social and cultural barriers, why should it not make efforts to solve such a problem?
Reply 92
Why not?

Even if we ignore the fact that the state had a considerable role in erecting these social and cultural barriers, why should it not make efforts to solve such a problem?

Because it would be an infringement of our freedom. Social and cultural problems are for people to deal with, not governments. I don't want to have my income stolen by the government so they can spend it on appeasing weak-willed women.
Original post by #Ridwan
Because it would be an infringement of our freedom. Social and cultural problems are for people to deal with, not governments.

Governments always 'deal with' things like this in one way or another, even if indirectly, due to the knock-on effects of their other activities. Social issues cannot be abstracted from the state-provided framework they exist in.

I don't want to have my income stolen by the government so they can spend it on appeasing weak-willed women.

Oh, not this one again....

Who says it's 'your income' in the first place?
Reply 94
Governments always 'deal with' things like this in one way or another, even if indirectly, due to the knock-on effects of their other activities. Social issues cannot be abstracted from the state-provided framework they exist in.

Oh, not this one again....

Who says it's 'your income' in the first place?

Taxation is a necessary evil and governments should only use it to provide necessary services that can't be effectively provided by private individuals, businesses or charities.

There are many charities who support getting more women into certain professions and improving quality of life for women. Let them deal with these issues. Not the state.

I probably should have noticed this earlier, but for someone who calls themselves an anarchist, you seem awfully pro-state.
Original post by #Ridwan
Taxation is a necessary evil and governments should only use it to provide necessary services that can't be effectively provided by private individuals, businesses or charities.

There are many charities who support getting more women into certain professions and improving quality of life for women. Let them deal with these issues. Not the state.

I probably should have noticed this earlier, but for someone who calls themselves an anarchist, you seem awfully pro-state.

You are conceptualising the state as something infringing ('necessarily' or not) on a pre-existing, naturalised capitalist society. I'm saying it's not, it's an integral part of such a society. The key characteristics of capitalism, i.e. private property in means of production, a market economy, etc, do not exist despite state intervention but because of it.

I'm an anarchist, but I still have preferences about what I'd rather the state did within the context of a state society.
Original post by Octohedral
'Dame' is one syllable, and the direct equivalent of 'Sir'. :biggrin:

Don't hear it used regularly these days, but I tip my hat to you nonetheless :hat2: That one completed escaped my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending