The Student Room Group

Going to same university as best friend?

Hey,
Me and my friend are looking into options for our universities for after year 13. We both like IT and want to do the same courses and are predicted the same sort of grades. Is it weird me and him are looking to go together? My sister says its weird and at her uni not a lot of people knew each other?
Original post by John Smithson
Hey,
Me and my friend are looking into options for our universities for after year 13. We both like IT and want to do the same courses and are predicted the same sort of grades. Is it weird me and him are looking to go together? My sister says its weird and at her uni not a lot of people knew each other?

It shouldn't be weird, I mean a lot of my mates have applied for the same course at the same university and they are actually happy about it because it means they don't have to make the effort to meet new people and everything else. That being said, don't forget to be open to new people and make friends with them.
Original post by maryamzahid
It shouldn't be weird, I mean a lot of my mates have applied for the same course at the same university and they are actually happy about it because it means they don't have to make the effort to meet new people and everything else. That being said, don't forget to be open to new people and make friends with them.

Good point! We just thought seeing as we have the same interests and want to do the same course it'd be nice to have someone who your close to with you?
Good point! We just thought seeing as we have the same interests and want to do the same course it'd be nice to have someone who your close to with you?

Yeah its always a relief having a friendly face around with you :smile:
Original post by maryamzahid
Yeah its always a relief having a friendly face around with you :smile:

Im glad you agree :smile:
I was applying to do a similar course to one of my friends (although they have changed there mind now) and was applying to many of the same uni's. I didn't choose them because my friend was applying there, I chose them because they have a course I really like the look of. As long as you are choosing each one because you really like the course then I think there is nothing wrong with applying to the same course.
Hey,

It's fine if it's the right university and course for you. It's a bit sad if it's because your friend is going.
Reply 7
Hi I went to the same university as my best friend and it was one of the best decisions we ever made.

We did different courses (he did Law but I did English) and lived in different accommodation, which I think is good because it was easier to get talking to new friends, but we spent most of our free time together.

We ended up making two new friends (one of whom I'm now married to lol) and now we always hang around together. Those three guys are my best friends in the world and I feel that if I hadn't made the decision to go to uni with my best friend we wouldn't have such a strong and supportive friendship group.

The strongest reaction we got was 'Oh right you went to school together' but honestly no one really cared. Also because we never saw any of our other friends from school we lost touch with them. So I'm 100% happy I went to uni with my best friend and I recommend it.
Reply 8
Obviously if you are going to do it, make sure you are both completely happy with the university and the course :smile:
If that's the perfect course/place for you and it happens to be the perfect place for your friend too then go for it!
Original post by letsbehonest
If that's the perfect course/place for you and it happens to be the perfect place for your friend too then go for it!

Yeah I think we will but obviously subject to change :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending