The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

This argument is pretty hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
From Manchester? Yeah.

Yup! I'm shocked tbh
Original post by TheLionHearted
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool how can u say no somali has soft hair :laugh:

Well depends on what you mean by soft, when I mean soft i'm not only talking about it's feel but lack of frizziness. Generally somali's have some sort of frizz,naturally.
Original post by ridwan12
Well depends on what you mean by soft, when I mean soft i'm not only talking about it's feel but lack of frizziness. Generally somali's have some sort of frizz,naturally.

Ahhh. Wouldn't a lack of frizziness be straightness instead of softness?
Anyone here go manchester uni or imperial college?
Just saw the black debate and I'm totally on missfat's side. SOMALI'S ARE NOT FULLY BLACK!

Most people i know don't consider somali as black. I just think i'm somali (but i think darood people are mixed) :smile:

And before anyone asks, yes I do tick 'Black-British' in forms but that's because I don't think somali should just be put in 'other' . Maybe in a few years it will have its own box (god knows) :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
Just saw the black debate and I'm totally on missfat's side. SOMALI'S ARE NOT FULLY BLACK!

Most people i know don't consider somali as black. I just think i'm somali (but i think darood people are mixed) :smile:

And before anyone asks, yes I do tick 'Black-British' in forms but that's because I don't think somali should just be put in 'other' . Maybe in a few years it will have its own box (god knows) :lol:

It has it's own box a lot of the time actually, it says Black-Somali

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
It has it's own box a lot of the time actually, it says Black-Somali

Posted from TSR Mobile

But there aren't many lol esp most of the ones i fill in.

Do you consider somalis as black?
Original post by missfats
black isn't a race either :lol:
the three races are:
caucasian
negriod
Mongolid

we are classed as caucasian ( and no caucasian doesn't mean white ffs).
bantu are negriod.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly you'll find bantu are not the only group under negroid branch :lol:.

caucasian
negriod
Mongolid

You'll also find these aren't used anymore due to racist connotations. For example you claim were classed under Caucasian and thus hamitic.

Do you even know why?- it was born out of racism :lol:.

"In the 19th century as a pseudoscientific[1][2] application of "scientific racism", European authors classified the "Hamitic race" as a sub-group of the Caucasian race, along with the Semitic race - thus grouping the non-Semitic populations native to North Africa, the Horn of Africa and South Arabia, including the Ancient Egyptians. According to the Hamitic theory this "Hamitic race" was superior to or more advanced than Negroid populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. In its most extreme form, in the writings of C. G. Seligman, it asserted that all significant achievements in African history were the work of "Hamites" who migrated into central Africa as pastoralists, bringing technologies and civilizing skills with them. In the early twentieth century, theoretical models of Hamitic languages and of Hamitic races were intertwined."

:cool:
Reply 229

caucasian
negriod
Mongolid

You'll also find these aren't used anymore due to racist connotations. For example you claim were classed under Caucasian and thus hamitic.

Do you even know why?- it was born out of racism :lol:.

"In the 19th century as a pseudoscientific[1][2] application of "scientific racism", European authors classified the "Hamitic race" as a sub-group of the Caucasian race, along with the Semitic race - thus grouping the non-Semitic populations native to North Africa, the Horn of Africa and South Arabia, including the Ancient Egyptians. According to the Hamitic theory this "Hamitic race" was superior to or more advanced than Negroid populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. In its most extreme form, in the writings of C. G. Seligman, it asserted that all significant achievements in African history were the work of "Hamites" who migrated into central Africa as pastoralists, bringing technologies and civilizing skills with them. In the early twentieth century, theoretical models of Hamitic languages and of Hamitic races were intertwined."

wallalo don't embarrass yourself.

if you look into my posts, you would see, I said scientists do not use any more.

Well bantu are the majority, aswell as minorities of austaloids and melanies however THESE ARE NOT IN AFRICA .... so your point is rubbish as bantu are the only in africa.

how is it racist? hamitic is just a sub group. classification was based on skull structure, and features m8. So they are classified as "Caucasian" for anyone with two eyes.

last point, the author may have made it racist as there are some genealogists who think the "Caucasian" race was superior (this is wrong).
Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously isqabooji waryaa. WE ARE NOT FULLY BLACK!! Just face the facts and sit down.

We do have traces of black but somali's as fatima said are caucasian.

baraf baa ubaantahay to cool you down xD
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 231
Seriously isqabooji waryaa. WE ARE NOT FULLY BLACK!! Just face the facts and sit down.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
faq.
just leave iqra aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
faq.
just leave iqra aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nayaaaaaaaa u told me to come online :cry:

Balaaaayooooo
wallalo don't embarrass yourself.

if you look into my posts, you would see, I said scientists do not use any more.

Well bantu are the majority, aswell as minorities of austaloids and melanies however THESE ARE NOT IN AFRICA .... so your point is rubbish as bantu are the only in africa.

how is it racist? hamitic is just a sub group. classification was based on skull structure, and features m8. So they are classified as "Caucasian" for anyone with two eyes.

last point, the author may have made it racist as there are some genealogists who think the "Caucasian" race was superior (this is wrong).
Posted from TSR Mobile

"In the 19th century as a pseudoscientific[1][2] application of "scientific racism", European authors classified the "Hamitic race" as a sub-group of the Caucasian race."

They were classified as Caucasian due to scientific racism. :smile:

Nothing scientific that show a hamitic-caucasian relation.

Well bantu are the majority, aswell as minorities of austaloids and melanies however THESE ARE NOT IN AFRICA .... so your point is rubbish as bantu are the only in africa. - You claimed negroid=bantu............

I never claimed we were ever 100% black............

"We do have traces of black but somali's as fatima said are caucasian."
read the post again.
I never claimed we were ever 100% black............

"We do have traces of black but somali's as fatima said are caucasian."
read the post again.

Sorry, I meant caucasian features XD

Gosh im confused myself now with all the genetic info you and faduma yareey are throwing about
the real problem here is that identifying yourself as not being black makes you appear insecure, whether that is true or not, and in our case you can tick whatever you want, the whole black/white/yellow dichotomy nonsense has no place in today's world as it's just a byproduct of colonialist scientific racism, it's appropriation neither is a sufficient solution, all these blanket terms do is diffuse the different cultures and people. more importantly africans are different shades of brown not black and Europeans are different shades of light brown/pink not white.
But there aren't many lol esp most of the ones i fill in.

Do you consider somalis as black?

Yes!!
Original post by Al-farhan
Yes!!

ok. Each to their own opinion
ok. Each to their own opinion

I guess so.
salaam btw

Quick Reply

Latest