The Student Room Group

Uni Room Ideas (Male)

Hi all :smile:

I've seen loads of advice about how to decorate a room/make it feel more homely but they all seem aimed at females - does anybody have any ideas to make a room look homely but not to feminine?

p.s - I'm not sporty or anything like that and i'm not really into bands

Original post by harrym96
Hi all :smile:

I've seen loads of advice about how to decorate a room/make it feel more homely but they all seem aimed at females - does anybody have any ideas to make a room look homely but not to feminine?

p.s - I'm not sporty or anything like that and i'm not really into bands

Movie posters/lamps/pictures of friends/family etc/Decorate shelves with books, souvenirs, bric-a-brac/Clocks, mugs etc.
Reply 2
Just going to bump this thread to see if there's any more ideas out there :smile:
Original post by harrym96
Just going to bump this thread to see if there's any more ideas out there :smile:

Most rooms are tiny so you don't need much. What is your room like at home? What things do you like or don't like in there?

Nice bright duvet cover helps, and big cushions which are good to lean back on whilst playing on your PS4. Like the post above said, you will have a peg board so add family photos, picture of the dog, cat, fish etc. A nice lamp on your study desk. A big biscuit barrel for when mates pop in. Some sort of music deck.

A large faux plant would be nice too if you are into that sort of thing:smile:.
Im going to try to make mine look as homely as possible. Maybe a few of the following?

- Calendars.
- Posters of things you like (scenery, etc), remember to bring white tac to avoid marks on the walls.
- Loads of DVD's.
- Print off a load of photos (I know there is somewhere that lets you print off like 100 photos for free or something), just remember to take pins to hang them on the notice board.
- A photo frame with a picture of family in?
- Blankets, cushions, etc.
- A fruit bowl? LOL
All the empty bottles you will have from drinking is a pretty common thing to do.
Reply 6
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Most rooms are tiny so you don't need much. What is your room like at home? What things do you like or don't like in there?

Nice bright duvet cover helps, and big cushions which are good to lean back on whilst playing on your PS4. Like the post above said, you will have a peg board so add family photos, picture of the dog, cat, fish etc. A nice lamp on your study desk. A big biscuit barrel for when mates pop in. Some sort of music deck.

A large faux plant would be nice too if you are into that sort of thing:smile:.

Thank you for your reply :smile: I share a room with my brother at home so I don't really have a lot of my own decoration, just photos and things like that.

Definitely a picture of my dog, that never crossed my mind.
Reply 7
Original post by Jamiepvfc
Im going to try to make mine look as homely as possible. Maybe a few of the following?

- Calendars.
- Posters of things you like (scenery, etc), remember to bring white tac to avoid marks on the walls.
- Loads of DVD's.
- Print off a load of photos (I know there is somewhere that lets you print off like 100 photos for free or something), just remember to take pins to hang them on the notice board.
- A photo frame with a picture of family in?
- Blankets, cushions, etc.
- A fruit bowl? LOL

I know this sounds stupid, but does white tax definitely not pull paint off when it's taken off the wall? Just don't want to risk losing my deposit that's all :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest