The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't get your hopes up. The only sauces I've read about it so far is GOAL and Daily Mirror ( about this 32m fee agreed and the agents flying to london)
(edited 9 years ago)
I think Alexis will be such a good signing for Arsenal. The man is super. Let him be one of the "big dogs" in the te tam and he'll flourish. Genuinely think he can play up front for you lot as well.
Has one seen that picture of Arteta working out in the gym on Twitter? He looks Hench.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Just wanted someone to explain the diagram comparing the 2 strikers. However you want to dress it up Giroud really isn't good enough to lead the line for a title challenging club. You NEED a striker, it's really that simple. It's like when we bought Obertan the season after Ronaldo left. If Giroud is leading the line you finish 4th. Quote me if you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why people think I want Giroud to be Arsenal main striker next season just because I've defended his contribution. I want a new striker just as much as everyone else. I said should be used as rotation/alternative option at best and I've always maintained that.

I defend Giroud people he gets unjust abuse when he's had a good season for Arsenal. We all know Giroud isn't World Class, we all know could never replace RVP but he's dome alright considering the circumstances
Reply 9724
Original post by sevchenko
I don't understand why people think I want Giroud to be Arsenal main striker next season just because I've defended his contribution. I want a new striker just as much as everyone else. I said should be used as rotation/alternative option at best and I've always maintained that.

I defend Giroud people he gets unjust abuse when he's had a good season for Arsenal. We all know Giroud isn't World Class, we all know could never replace RVP but he's dome alright considering the circumstances

Wasn't attacking you personally, just seen some Arsenal fans who now Sanchez is all but done seem to think that an ST is not needed anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9725
Original post by FKLW
Wasn't attacking you personally, just seen some Arsenal fans who now Sanchez is all but done seem to think that an ST is not needed anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've yet to see anyone say that. Most see Alexis playing as a LW and taking over Santi's role. That's where the discuss has headed.
Even SkySports have confirmed the Sanchez deal could be wrapped up in 24/48 Hours.

Brendan Rodgers is at home right now editing the 5-1 win so he can quickly send it to Sanchez
Original post by Kruz
Even SkySports have confirmed the Sanchez deal could be wrapped up in 24/48 Hours.

Brendan Rodgers is at home right now editing the 5-1 win so he can quickly send it to Sanchez

Honestly why you trolling Liverpool while remembering that you got spanked by them hard.

Liverpool will come above Arsenal next season anyway, possibly above Manchester City too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz

we've got a lot of catching up to do to liverpool tbh the 5-1 says it all. theyve strengthened more than we could of ever imagined they would this window and i dont see sanchez and debuchy bridging the gap. mainly because i'm predicting sanchez to completely flop.
Original post by jam278
Honestly why you trolling Liverpool while remembering that you got spanked by them hard.

Liverpool will come above Arsenal next season anyway, possibly above Manchester City too.

It's because loads of Liverpool fans on Twitter were saying they should send a video of 5-1 to Sanchez to convince him to join them :lol:. I've bookmarked your comment gg, so next year May we'll be reviewing this :wink:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
It's because loads of Liverpool fans on Twitter were saying they should send a video of 5-1 to Sanchez to convince him to join them :lol:. I've bookmarked your comment gg, so next year May we'll be reviewing this :wink:.

There'll be some sort of a comment about a subtle bait I wouldn't bother lol
Reply 9731
Original post by 419
I've yet to see anyone say that. Most see Alexis playing as a LW and taking over Santi's role. That's where the discuss has headed.

It's been said a few times? People seem to think that Signing Alexis is enough, it isn't. Why is there no developments wrt a CF? It's even pissing me off.
Reply 9732
Original post by baconbutty
How many of them would start for city though

Please don't quote me with negativity. If you want to quote me, do so with logical comments & not pessemistic and worthless replies.

I know you'll probably say that it's logical and if you think it is then fair enough. It's just that, I've seen much more logical replies from you and ^^^ isn't one unfortuantely.

I'm saying so in a friendly manner- not trouble making
Reply 9733
Original post by AR_95
Don't get your hopes up. The only sauces I've read about it so far is GOAL and Daily Mirror ( about this 32m fee agreed and the agents flying to london)

How's this for a "sauce"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9375955/transfer-news-arsenal-close-to-signing-barcelona8217s-alexis-sanchez-and-newcastles-mathieu-debuchy
Reply 9734
Original post by FKLW
It's been said a few times? People seem to think that Signing Alexis is enough, it isn't. Why is there no developments wrt a CF? It's even pissing me off.

Quote where people have said Alexis makes for a good summer.

At the beginning of summer, we were asking for at least 4 new names. Nothing's changed. If people are excited about Alexis signing, they are but it doesn't mean they think that's it.

This should be obvious.

And with developments, it's Wenger he works slower than a snail. People are probably not banging on about strikers because there isn't a stand out name out there except for Mandz. Remy keeps been brought up but he's not an upgrade on Giroud so no reason to get excited there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are people hugely against Verm leaving? Might have been interesting to see him tried as a CDM like people suggested a while back tbh.
So happy Wenger is making moves early. Took his damn time, but fair enough.
Reply 9737
Original post by alittlehelp
Are people hugely against Verm leaving? Might have been interesting to see him tried as a CDM like people suggested a while back tbh.

I for one don't want him to leave. I love they guy, and if it wernt for his lack of confidence, he would be a defo starter.

An absolute gem of a rotation CB of we can keep him, & apparently we're in talks to do so
Reply 9738
Original post by Kruz
So happy Wenger is making moves early. Took his damn time, but fair enough.

I'm bursting to express the same happiness. TTTRRRUUSST ME!

But let's just wait until we see the two signings in that puma shirt :wink:
Sanchez looks wrapped up. Gotta love how the last two windows have panned out with Spurs and Pool losing their best players and us reaping the benefits.

Latest