The Student Room Group

The most socially awkward moment of your life?

Scroll to see replies

This is on behalf of a friend :colone:

We were playing pool at Uni. A guy comes up to my mate and asks:

"could I use your triangle please?"

My mate, while looking at his wrist, replies: "Umm...err...half past 12"

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophsha
When someone poos in your handbag

Lol, this actually made me laugh :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
I don't believe it does...

I swear it did :s-smilie: oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geodawson
Me at basically every restaurant;
Waiter: Enjoy your meal
Me: You too!

:facepalm2:

LOL. Omg the 'you too' phrase is the bane of my life haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
Once this lady asked me what the time was and I legit forgot how to tell the time
I was like 'umm.... ummm.... five past ..... maybe its actually five o'clock? ....'

yeh once I got a bit frajassled and sent people down the completely opposite way to their destination...ugh
Original post by SuperFly
LOL. Omg the 'you too' phrase is the bane of my life haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yep p

Yeah that reminds me of one time I was on the train in france. I'd struck up a conversation with another passenger (airport train) who spoke only english and told me he was from norway, had a chat, whatever. A french lady sat in front of me then and checked with me (in german) that it was the airport train, yes.

Then she started making conversation with me in french, asking about the Norwegian lad. "Is he from africa? Is he flying home to africa? What do you mean Norway, he's going to africa, right?" She turns around to him telling him, in mostly french, it must be very hot where he's from and so on. I found myself trying to be a polite translator -"oh she's asking about the weather..." -while also trying to disguise what she was saying
Jaysus!

Not "the" most awkward but it was pretty awkward
One time, when I was talking to my friends, they asked me who would I choose to bring nowhere. I debated the similarities and uttered "Well, they're both blondes".

So, now, some of my friends think that I have a thing for blondes and a crush on the two.
Reply 27
when I caught my neighbor cheating on his wife with my dog. Wasn't pleasant and I was speechless.
I was at my friend's house and she waved at me so I waved back whilst simultaneously thinking why is she waving at me? Then I realised she was waving at her Dad who had just walked into the room behind me. I was so embarrassed lol
once a couple years ago I went to the school nurse to get a plaster for a blister on my foot. After I put the blister plaster on, I felt the need to thank the nurse, and the words 'thankyou' came out, and then I realised mid sentence I didn't know the Nurses name, nor did I want to call her miss (like a teacher), so before I knew it I said 'thankyou..Nurse', followed by the most awkward silence ever heard to man. There was loads of other people in the room too D: Then I basically ran outta there..
I was had some stuff in the scanner and it was going through scanning, so I was waiting for it to finish. At the same time a senior person where I work walked up to the scanner and was waiting for something to print. I hadn't spoken much to this person so I thought 'Oh i'll be friendly and speak to him'... the first thing that came out of my mouth was 'This is exciting' (as we were both staring at the scanner). We both awkwardly chuckled and didn't say anything else... I don't even know why I said that hahah.
Original post by ash92:)
This is on behalf of a friend :colone:

We were playing pool at Uni. A guy comes up to my mate and asks:

"could I use your triangle please?"

My mate, while looking at his wrist, replies: "Umm...err...half past 12"

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is some awkward stuff, I do not even know how I would react...
Original post by LeaX
I was at my friend's house and she waved at me so I waved back whilst simultaneously thinking why is she waving at me? Then I realised she was waving at her Dad who had just walked into the room behind me. I was so embarrassed lol

hahah yep

been there done that..
When you honestly dont understand what someone says and have to say 'sorry?' for like the fourth time lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I have so many! My most recent being when I was training to be a waitress and I thought this old lady asked for 10 coffees and I just went 'you what?!' (My work is quite posh)
She replied slowly 'two coffees' and I had to quickly explain to a slightly insulted customer that I'd mis-heard. She was fine but for a split second I thought I'd lost my job for practically yelling at a customer... :frown:
Reply 35
oh, I have so many!
*walking across uni campus with a friend, see girl I vaguely know from home, I intend to wave and walk by, she stops to chat*
her: hello
me: hi, how're you?
*long pause*
her: ok I guess, did you get your results? How'd you get on?
me: got them yesterday, really happy with mine, you?
her: oh, I failed 3 exams. (*silence*)
So awkward! What do you say to that?!

holding a door for someone and then they go through the other door.

Saw a friend of a friend walking up the street, she waved, I waved back... turned out she was waving to the person standing behind me. Went to dinner at friend's house that evening and friend of a friend was there... she didn't say anything about my waving at her so either she was very kind about it all or didn't register it was me!
I went for a blood test the other day and

Doctor: You've grown since the last time I saw you!
Me: Thanks, you too!
Doctor:.....um
When you see someone who you know or used to know that you haven't seen in a long time say in a queue at the shop or just walking past each other. I don't expect them to say hello to me, so I don't say hello to them and you end up having that really awkward 10 second stare down with each other that feels like forever and it's like I'm not saying hi first incase they pie me off, so the hello never gets said and it feels really awkward.

Is that just me? :frown:
Original post by Reeeeyah
When you see someone who you know or used to know that you haven't seen in a long time say in a queue at the shop or just walking past each other. I don't expect them to say hello to me, so I don't say hello to them and you end up having that really awkward 10 second stare down with each other that feels like forever and it's like I'm not saying hi first incase they pie me off, so the hello never gets said and it feels really awkward.

Is that just me? :frown:

haha yeh p

I try to say hi regardless but some people just dont wana say hi so pfftt...
Reply 39
my gfs sister walking in on me and my gfs mum doing anal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest