The Student Room Group

Help, ASOS have robbed me.

Alright ill make it short,

- I ordered about £1000 worth of clothes before my holiday
- Try on everything, return about 70%
- Sent back everything week before holiday
- No refund received, contact ASOS, spend 2-3 weeks waiting for a response
- Come back from holiday, receive email that my query is being dealt by another department
- Login into asos account, account has been deactivated
- Contact asos and receive an email reading this:

http://gyazo.com/9c486f12c841445b1ac3c5c9e7e67d47

Now I don't really give a toss that my account has been closed but the fact that they have well over £700 of my clothes which I have returned to him, and have been paid for, for which they will not provide me a refund with but instead tell me to contact my card issuer for dispute of funds.

Am I in the wrong here? what can I do? can someone point me to some advice? im extremely pissed off at the moment, this is almost 2 months wages gone (yes im working in min wage atm )
Why did you feel the need to spend £1000 on clothes?
not surprised they closed it once you returned 70% of £1000
what if everyone did that and asos had to refund large amounts of money?
Reply 4
I was not going to keep all of them, I basically bought each item I liked in LARGE and MEDIUM as I was unsurea bout my size
You aren't in the wrong, they owe you that money. Do they have a support line where you can talk to someone? I'm guessing not if you had to wait 3 weeks for a response. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get in touch with Visa, at the very least they'll be able to give you advice on how to get your money.
You're entitled to a refund because you didn't see the goods until you got them, whereas if you had bought this in a store, you are not entitled to one unless the item is faulty. That's the law. As above, try to speak directly to someone over the phone, and contact your bank.
Original post by pappu
Alright ill make it short,

- I ordered about £1000 worth of clothes before my holiday
- Try on everything, return about 70%
- Sent back everything week before holiday
- No refund received, contact ASOS, spend 2-3 weeks waiting for a response
- Come back from holiday, receive email that my query is being dealt by another department
- Login into asos account, account has been deactivated
- Contact asos and receive an email reading this:

http://gyazo.com/9c486f12c841445b1ac3c5c9e7e67d47

Now I don't really give a toss that my account has been closed but the fact that they have well over £700 of my clothes which I have returned to him, and have been paid for, for which they will not provide me a refund with but instead tell me to contact my card issuer for dispute of funds.

Am I in the wrong here? what can I do? can someone point me to some advice? im extremely pissed off at the moment, this is almost 2 months wages gone (yes im working in min wage atm )

I feel sorry for you.

Check their terms and conditions. There must be something that relates to the 'abuse' of the returns policy

Sort things out with your card company

CALL ASOS
Reply 8
Did you return the clothes within the refund period?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
three items were not within the refund period, this is as their courier service which comes to pick up the returns did not show up and they were sorry for this as it meant I missed the refund period, they said it was ok for me to return the items anyhow, I still have the emails as proof.

I am sick of conversing with ASOS, in these 3 weeks that I have been chasing my return I have spoken to them via live chat over 7 times
Original post by pappu
three items were not within the refund period, this is as their courier service which comes to pick up the returns did not show up and they were sorry for this as it meant I missed the refund period, they said it was ok for me to return the items anyhow, I still have the emails as proof.

I am sick of conversing with ASOS, in these 3 weeks that I have been chasing my return I have spoken to them via live chat over 7 times

7 times is not a lot

talk via phone instead
Sounds like they are completely in the wrong to me
Reply 12
Phone them up. Use stuff like.. i'll speak to my local MP about this when asking what the hell they are doing.
Why on earth would you buy £1000 worth of clothes in one go?

Anyway, you have the right to get your money back. Just keep calling them!!
Reply 14
Need to start banging straps fam'
Original post by 8472
Phone them up. Use stuff like.. i'll speak to my local MP about this when asking what the hell they are doing.

That, and that you'll take them to small claims court.
Original post by 8472

Or not... unless you want to sound like an idiot.

Original post by Paralove
You're entitled to a refund because you didn't see the goods until you got them, whereas if you had bought this in a store, you are not entitled to one unless the item is faulty. That's the law.

This, it's the distance selling regulations.

Original post by pappu

£1,000 on clothes?! My car cost less than that :lol:

Have they confirmed that they have received the items? What have you asked them over live chat? What did they say?

I agree with everyone else about phoning them. You may not like phoning people but you can save so much time with a quick phone call.

Quick Reply

Latest