The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9740
Original post by 419
Quote where people have said Alexis makes for a good summer.

At the beginning of summer, we were asking for at least 4 new names. Nothing's changed. If people are excited about Alexis signing, they are but it doesn't mean they think that's it.

This should be obvious.

And with developments, it's Wenger he works slower than a snail. People are probably not banging on about strikers because there isn't a stand out name out there except for Mandz. Remy keeps been brought up but he's not an upgrade on Giroud so no reason to get excited there.

Original post by Zürich

Would like a striker but which striker? You cant buy what isnt for sale. Either J.Campbell becomes our back up or we'll sign someone fairly average as backup. If Giroud/Walcott/Sanchez/Ramsey score 15 each with Podolski/Cazorla also chipping in then we'll get away without having a top striker perhaps.

Original post by SHOO

I think if we do get Sanchez and either Schniederlin or Khadira actually, we'll have such a good midfield - and will be able to cope

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kosc Gibbs
Schiederlin/Khadira Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

Cazorla can easily play where Ozil would, and could fit in on the left which would allow Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla to be rotated (to avoid or cover for injuries) Then we got Wilshere who could come in, we got Tommy, we got Ox, Gnabry, Arteta, Flamini,

In defence we would have Verm (should he stay), Jenko & Monreal

In terms of attack, we'd have poldi (though he would probably be used on the wing) Campbell, and hopefully a new ST. Or if needed, we could play Sanchez up top and have:

Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Sanchez

Or:

Ozil Cazorla Poldi
Giroud/Walcott

We would have so much versatility it would be unreal

That's a winning team, given that we have a strong core already

Original post by Stalin
I doubt we'll be seeing Campbell in an Arsenal shirt this season - he'll more than likely be sent out on loan again.

Quite happy about the Debuchy talk - solid RB, and £10m~ is a fair price.

If we can wrap up Sanchez, bring in a DM (Khedira's been mentioned a fair bit), a GK and CB if TV5 leaves, we'll have done some excellent work.

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Ramsey DM
Walcott Ozil OX
Sanchez

Pls respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by De Chirico
Sanchez looks wrapped up. Gotta love how the last two windows have panned out with Spurs and Pool losing their best players and us reaping the benefits.

The Liverpool fans must be devastated. I love it.

Pretty obvious that people are just speculating here. If you asked those posters would you like us to sign a better striker than Giroud they would all say yes. Their posts just reflect the reality that there aren't many top drawer strikers available and that we still have a limited budget despite all the financial progress of the club.
Original post by SHOO
I for one don't want him to leave. I love they guy, and if it wernt for his lack of confidence, he would be a defo starter.

An absolute gem of a rotation CB of we can keep him, & apparently we're in talks to do so
I agree, I don't really want him to leave either. Just unsure he'd be happy being 3rd choice, especially cos he needs to be starting to be guaranteed a spot in the Belgium team
So it looks like we won't be paying much more for Sanchez than Liverpool paid for that overrated little hipster Lallana. This signing is awesome in so many ways.
Reply 9745

What did first sentence of Zurich reply say?

Shoo says in his post and I quote "In terms of attack.......hopefully a new ST". This is the guy that won't stop banging on about Jackson Martinez btw.

Only Stalin seems to suggest that Sanchez might be enough but it's clear that it's speculating ways of fitting Sanchez into the team as it is at the moment. Pretty sure he'd take mandzukic if he became available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez through on goal after some quick one touch passing between Ozil and Ramsey. I can see it now.

randy_4b32ea_1152423.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
So it looks like we won't be paying much more for Sanchez than Liverpool paid for that overrated little hipster Lallana. This signing is awesome in so many ways.

This picture is so fitting.

(edited 9 years ago)
got some tasty gifs lined up
we need a CB anyway in reality even if Verm stays but hopefully we can grab something in January. Doesn't need to be first team quality either, just young and promise will do if TV stays.
Original post by Kruz
This picture is so fitting.

Love it. To think people were begrudging him a few weeks on the beach surrounded by bikini clad Brazilian girls.
Can't believe it's on Sky Sports News. It's happening guys.... Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy :cool:
Love it. To think people were begrudging him a few weeks on the beach surrounded by bikini clad Brazilian girls.

Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Can't believe it's on Sky Sports News. It's happening guys.... Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy :cool:

I told you Wenger would come through :cool:.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
we need a CB anyway in reality even if Verm stays but hopefully we can grab something in January. Doesn't need to be first team quality either, just young and promise will do if TV stays.

Name me a player who has the quality to play for Arsenal but would happy being 4th CB.

There point using a young player if he isn't good enough when called upon to play
Original post by Kruz
Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

Some people thoroughly embarrassed the Arsenal fan base in the aftermath of Fabregas to Chelsea.
Original post by Kruz

lol what? I never doubted him. What you on about. :innocent:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
lol what? I never doubted him. What you on about. :innocent:

Don't even dodge it :lol:
Reply 9757
Original post by 419
What did first sentence of Zurich reply say?

Shoo says in his post and I quote "In terms of attack.......hopefully a new ST". This is the guy that won't stop banging on about Jackson Martinez btw.

Only Stalin seems to suggest that Sanchez might be enough but it's clear that it's speculating ways of fitting Sanchez into the team as it is at the moment. Pretty sure he'd take mandzukic if he became available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree that they do mention they would like a new ST. They then proceeded to imply that they would be okay without one if needs be must. Also it clearly not speculating how to fit in new signings considering Khedira/Schneiderlin are being thrown in there for good measure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ozil last year, Sanchez this year, Trophy drought ended, Commercial deal successes & Players in before a ball is kicked.
Still ain't got a DM. Essentially did a like for like at RB and you're playing a forward out of position, although better than who you currently have on LW.

It's probably a sideways window as of now, If you can get a CM and a striker, then I'd be a bit scared.

Latest