The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Anyone else not moving into halls and staying at home?

Is anyone else staying at home for the first year at uni? I'm worried that I won't make friends if I don't move into halls 😕 ...

Scroll to see replies

I'm staying at home for my first year too :smile: And I'm worried about the exact same thing :s-smilie:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
I have a friend debating about staying at home for Uni because her halls accommodation is very expensive. We've concluded that it's more than possible to make friends in Uni while living at home, but it'll make nights out more difficult because you'll have to conform to the rulings of your parents as you're still in their home. So, depending on the parents, you may not be allowed to go back home at a certain time, or have to drive yourself home and therefore remain sober, etc. You also don't get that feeling of living independently most freshers usually think highly of. But on the plus side - you have more money saved on accommodation!
Don't worry, I'm staying at home too! :smile: I've been told that if you stay at home then it's advisable to join many societies so that you interact with as many people as possible and that way you can make friends
I'm guessing that we are all going to sheffield hallam?
Reply 5
Original post by BradleyAllison
I'm guessing that we are all going to sheffield hallam?

Yeah 😄 what're you studying?
Original post by ryanhammond
Yeah ������ what're you studying?

I'll be studying Mathematics and Engineering, What about you?
Reply 7

I'm studying a Graphic Design 😌
Original post by ryanhammond
I'm studying a Graphic Design ������

Cooool, I studied graphic design at A-Level :smile:
Reply 9

which mathematics and eng course? the extended one?
Original post by AmyEng
which mathematics and eng course? the extended one?

Yeah it's the extended one :P
Reply 11
Yeah it's the extended one :P

haha see you there then!
Original post by Lovinlife2
Don't worry, I'm staying at home too! :smile: I've been told that if you stay at home then it's advisable to join many societies so that you interact with as many people as possible and that way you can make friends

I am commuting from swindon to university of bath. wbu?
Original post by AmyEng
haha see you there then!

Haha I guess i will :smile: Why are you studying the course btw? I'm studying it as I don't know whether to go into engineering or maths.
Reply 14
Haha I guess i will :smile: Why are you studying the course btw? I'm studying it as I don't know whether to go into engineering or maths.

I don't have the maths a level so having to do this to build that up, doesn't seem many doing it
okedoke seems good :smile: what do you think you will do after the course? So what degree would you want to progress onto?
I'm staying at home and I'm worried about not making as many friends but on the plus side we save money!
Reply 17
okedoke seems good :smile: what do you think you will do after the course? So what degree would you want to progress onto?

I'm biased towards the electrical side, did you go on the course information day?
Original post by AmyEng
I'm biased towards the electrical side, did you go on the course information day?

Cooool, and no i didn't, i missed it unfortunately. But i know the course will be great anyway. I'm more towards the electrical side too. But i still do like the mechanical side. I've changed my mind about living at home though, I've decided that i'm going to live in student halls.
I'm staying at home and worried about the same thing!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending