The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9760
Original post by jam278
Still ain't got a DM. Essentially did a like for like at RB and you're playing a forward out of position, although better than who you currently have on LW.

It's probably a sideways window as of now, If you can get a CM and a striker, then I'd be a bit scared.

Na didn't you know? Sanchez is gonna play DM, LW and ST all at the same time :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Still ain't got a DM.

Apparently we're in for Lars bender too but that's not my business.
Original post by sevchenko
Name me a player who has the quality to play for Arsenal but would happy being 4th CB.

There point using a young player if he isn't good enough when called upon to play

That's why you get a versatile player as your 4th CB, as of now you don't have one because you didn't give Sagna a contract.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Like the past 2 years you've been linked with him, if Leverkusen didn't sell then, why would they now? His contract is until 2019 so it's not like he's going to run it down and force the issue either.

If you don't pay up his valuation, which I think you won't personally then you're probably going to struggle.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
we need a CB anyway in reality even if Verm stays but hopefully we can grab something in January. Doesn't need to be first team quality either, just young and promise will do if TV stays.

Indeed, going into a season with 3 CB's is very risky, i'm surprised Arsenal got away with it last season. We had 5 last season and still ended up playing Michael Carrick there as they were all injured. Is there nobody from the youth team that can be promoted?
Reply 9764

LP! You missed the meme :colonhash:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1404843117.260293.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
That's why you get a versatile player as your 4th CB, as of now you don't have one.

Only Gustavo comes to mind. He does a job at CDM and can act as a 4th CB
Name me a player who has the quality to play for Arsenal but would happy being 4th CB.

There point using a young player if he isn't good enough when called upon to play

not sure in all honesty but our CB depth isnt great and a long term injury to one of them pretty much screws us. But I'm sure it won't be that hard to find a player really, especially if he's very promising and we buy in January we can just let Verm run down his contract and make him 3rd choice.

Even if its a youth player in all honesty they will rarely get the chance to play and wont be called upon for big games hopefully, just to prevent the likes of Kosc/Mert playing 2/3 times a week by doing a job in the League/FA cup early rounds. We had Verm and Sagna as back up CB and Sagna is now gone, while in the youth set-up we have Isaac Hayden coming through but thats about it. Utd had like 6 CBs last season.
Original post by FKLW
LP! You missed the meme :colonhash:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1404843117.260293.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: (Pm's)

Original post by jam278

Like the past 2 years you've been linked with him, if Leverkusen didn't sell then, why would they now? His contract is until 2019 so it's not like he's going to run it down and force the issue either.

If you don't pay up his valuation, which I think you won't personally then you're probably going to struggle.

Ok ok ok. I get it, its just the annual rumours anyway, then there's that whole Khedira business too which probs won't happen.
What's bender's valuation?
Only Gustavo comes to mind. He does a job at CDM and can act as a 4th CB

Gustavo ain't going to leave Wolfsburg as of yet. They're aiming to get into the CL and have money to keep him.

You could probably get a ballwinning DM and play him at CB anyway. That's what blackburn did with Phil Jones if they're a lumbering tower with strength to boot and good defensive ability they'd be decent enough as a 4th CB.

But you need another CB anyway, since Vermaelen will probably leave this or the next summer.
:lol: (Pm's)

Ok ok ok. I get it, its just the annual rumours anyway, then there's that whole Khedira business too which probs won't happen.
What's bender's valuation?

Was like 20 something million. Remember Zurich saying that he was about that price.

Khedira is a weird guy to have as a DM for Arsenal, think you need a guy who can dictate the tempo with his passing as well as be defensively solid, Khedira won't fit that and I think Wenger knows that.
Alexis Sanchez is pretty much the personification of an Arsene Wenger player.
Original post by jam278
Was like 20 something million. Remember Zurich saying that he was about that price.

Khedira is a weird guy to have as a DM for Arsenal, think you need a guy who can dictate the tempo with his passing as well as be defensively solid, Khedira won't fit that and I think Wenger knows that.

Khedira imo, is not so good a player. He'd be a weak link in any team imo.
Reply 9772
Original post by FKLW
Agree that they do mention they would like a new ST. They then proceeded to imply that they would be okay without one if needs be must. Also it clearly not speculating how to fit in new signings considering Khedira/Schneiderlin are being thrown in there for good measure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they did, it's called realism. Like I've said, there option are limited and likely scenario is that at best we sign an equivalent to giroud. Number 1 option in everyone's book is that a new striker is signed hence why they all say it first and proceed to look solution if one isn't signed because I repeat realistically there's a good chance one won't be signed due to lack of option.

That contradicts what you're saying which is that all of a sudden no1 wants a ST now Sanchez is here as they see him as sufficient which is you making conclusions to fit your agenda. No one has said out right that one isn't needed anymore. If so, they wouldn't mention wanting a new striker in their post. If they all genuinely thought so, why did they mention it first? And only mention possibility of Sanchez there second? Isn't that a form of settling?

What would you have them do, go on bacon rant? Accuse wenger of not showing ambition for not bidding for Suarez? Chastise Ivan fir not outbidding Chelsea for Costa?

The reason why those names were mentioned is because at the time they posted, reports of them joining was strong. It's atypical of what goes on here in every thread. Stop trying to be obtuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Can't see Bender coming, after we've been rejected x many times. Especially after they have just let Emre Can go.
Schneiderlin could come although may be difficult as Southampton are getting torn apart and they wouldn't want him to leave as well. May place a high price tag and knowing Arsene he probably won't stick around.
Khedira I'm not sure about. Shouldn't be a big loss for RM, as they've done well this season, crowned champions of Europe without him. So I think they will be willing to listen to offers. Although the one I'd least like to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Has one seen that picture of Arteta working out in the gym on Twitter? He looks Hench.

Posted from TSR Mobile

linkkkk brahhhhhh, my man mikel.
Khedira is quite slow come to think of it.
Reply 9777
Seems like the kit have been leaked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

might body a couple of people on the pitch in that destroyer role. :colone:

lol jk we still need a new CDM.