The Student Room Group

Application for Universities

Hi, I just want to know which 5 universities should I applies for Medicine?
Reply 1
Original post by Earth1

You can only apply to 4 universities for medicine. The 5th choice is basically a back up degree.
Reply 2
Original post by 06shawm
You can only apply to 4 universities for medicine. The 5th choice is basically a back up degree.

OK thank you:smile: Do you think is it good if I apply medicine at Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College London and Bristol university? Thanks
Original post by Earth1
OK thank you:smile: Do you think is it good if I apply medicine at Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College London and Bristol university? Thanks

You are relying heavily on doing well in the Bmat. I have heard of someone who crashed badly doing that.
Reply 4
Original post by Earth1

I would need some more info to comment on that. :smile:

What are your GCSE grades?
What are your predicted AS?
Reply 5
Original post by Earth1

Would you like us to draw them out of a hat for you?

Or would you like to do some research about different types of courses, different universities, entry requirements etc, and then make a shortlist of places you think might be suitable for you?
Reply 6
Original post by parentlurker
You are relying heavily on doing well in the Bmat. I have heard of someone who crashed badly doing that.

Thank you:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by 06shawm
I would need some more info to comment on that. :smile:

What are your GCSE grades?
What are your predicted AS?

I don't know my GCSE result yet and I will be starting sixthform on 1st September.

i know that I have A* Maths at GCSE ( in year 9), A for FSMQ at level 3 ( in year 10) and in year 11, I took As Statistics with A/B as predicted grade. I also already achieved D* in my BTEC health and social care.
My predicted grade :
Biology, chemistry and physics is A*-A
RS is A
English Language is B
English literature is A
Geography is A
Art is A
Reply 8
Original post by parentlurker

Thank you:smile:
# brilliant advice

Quick Reply

Latest