The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

I told you Wenger would come through :cool:.

Still here! Just preoccupying myself with non Arsenal related bull****!

Signing Sanchez and Debuchy doesn't change the fact that we still need 2 CBs, a DM, GK and ST. Like I previously said, I want to be proved wrong with our summer activity. This is a good start, but I'm not blinded enough by AW to think that those two would make a a great summer. However, some are! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*

Signing Sanchez and Debuchy doesn't change the fact that we still need 2 CBs, a DM, GK and ST. Like I previously said, I want to be proved wrong with our summer activity. This is a good start, but I'm not blinded enough by AW to think that those two would make a a great summer. However, some are! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not easily pleased
Reply 9782
Original post by 419
Yes they did, it's called realism. Like I've said, there option are limited and likely scenario is that at best we sign an equivalent to giroud. Number 1 option in everyone's book is that a new striker is signed hence why they all say it first and proceed to look solution if one isn't signed because I repeat realistically there's a good chance one won't be signed due to lack of option.

That contradicts what you're saying which is that all of a sudden no1 wants a ST now Sanchez is here as they see him as sufficient which is you making conclusions to fit your agenda. No one has said out right that one isn't needed anymore. If so, they wouldn't mention wanting a new striker in their post. If they all genuinely thought so, why did they mention it first? And only mention possibility of Sanchez there second? Isn't that a form of settling?

What would you have them do, go on bacon rant? Accuse wenger of not showing ambition for not bidding for Suarez? Chastise Ivan fir not outbidding Chelsea for Costa?

The reason why those names were mentioned is because at the time they posted, reports of them joining was strong. It's atypical of what goes on here in every thread. Stop trying to be obtuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well considering the main thing you needed last year (or at least should've been main priority) was a striker so I don't see how it's realism. It just seems to be an superiority complex tbh, then you'll turn around at 'oil clubs' and lambast them for spending millions on players. The lack of options is just bull tbh, because there's plenty of strikers out there to sign but your just too cheap to move and you know it. Mandzukic is out there, why not bid? Why didn't you move for Aubameyang last summer?

Not really a contradiction considering most posters proceeded to talk about how strong the team was, how it could challenge and how scary it is for the opposition to look at on paper. This is suggesting that the team is good enough to challenge, no? Why are fans settling at the start of July for not buying a player who is desperately needed? It's bull and you know it. There weren't many CM's around last year but united fans didn't "settle" for Carrick and Cleverley because we're a winning club.

If I was an Arsenal fan yes I would be thinking what's going on. Bacon is right in that sense- why didn't you sign Suarez last season? Inb4 release Claus was met and scum still refused to sell. Chuck another £10 million, you would've won the league. Costa was fairly unrealistic anyway, Suarez wasn't. Your just butthurt you didn't get him and you know it.

Not really reports with Suarez considering a bid was made official so you can't even make that excuse. How am I being obtuse? It simply comes down to a condition of the mind that Wenger has over the WKB fans who Gazidis and his henchmen have pulled the wool over their eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha but I get you though, true it is not enough but still a good start though. This time last year I don't think we had even signed anyone. But steadily I hope Wenger will build on this.
“What will happen to Luis Suarez, will he go? Is he angling for a move? Even just yesterday I heard things from people, newspaper guys who are very close to the ground at Liverpool, saying that the Sanchez deal was actually done” Phil Thomson you tool
Its officially a done deal. Sanchez is an Arsenal player. RAC1 reporting its complete. Will be announced today or tomorrow.
Arsene on TF1 duty gonna quash some rumours; "Alexis? No no no, some things you hear in media just not true you know, sometimes it is true but not in this case no."

These last 10 pages would be yammed up before the national anthems are done.
I'd love if we signed caulker :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking this for a long while. He's gone to another club I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9789
Original post by FKLW
Well considering the main thing you needed last year (or at least should've been main priority) was a striker so I don't see how it's realism. It just seems to be an superiority complex tbh, then you'll turn around at 'oil clubs' and lambast them for spending millions on players. The lack of options is just bull tbh, because there's plenty of strikers out there to sign but your just too cheap to move and you know it. Mandzukic is out there, why not bid? Why didn't you move for Aubameyang last summer?

Not really a contradiction considering most posters proceeded to talk about how strong the team was, how it could challenge and how scary it is for the opposition to look at on paper. This is suggesting that the team is good enough to challenge, no? Why are fans settling at the start of July for not buying a player who is desperately needed? It's bull and you know it. There weren't many CM's around last year but united fans didn't "settle" for Carrick and Cleverley because we're a winning club.

If I was an Arsenal fan yes I would be thinking what's going on. Bacon is right in that sense- why didn't you sign Suarez last season? Inb4 release Claus was met and scum still refused to sell. Chuck another £10 million, you would've won the league. Costa was fairly unrealistic anyway, Suarez wasn't. Your just butthurt you didn't get him and you know it.

Not really reports with Suarez considering a bid was made official so you can't even make that excuse. How am I being obtuse? It simply comes down to a condition of the mind that Wenger has over the WKB fans who Gazidis and his henchmen have pulled the wool over their eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:facepalm2:

So much is wrong with this post it's incredible and I don't know where to start. You even contradict yourself that it's hard to know what your diatribe is trying to get to. Seems like you just want to have a go at the club in general.

I'll just say this, last summer was a flop pretty much majority of people accepted that and did complain about the club not chucking another 10m at Liverpool. But ignore as it doesn't fit your agenda. Yh I want that cannibal.

Too busy moving for higuain and Suarez last summer. And augemayang was not and is not answer. Have you seen how he's setting record and word on fire at BVB :rolleyes:

Ps I want wenger out so much for WKB and you are been obtuse.

Pls sit down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Was thinking this for a long while. He's gone to another club I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf we should of just signed him ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Arsene on TF1 duty gonna quash some rumours; "Alexis? No no no, some things you hear in media just not true you know, sometimes it is true but not in this case no."

These last 10 pages would be yammed up before the national anthems are done.

If does that I'll have to delete all my trash talking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9792
Original post by 419
:facepalm2:

So much is wrong with this post it's incredible and I don't know where to start. You even contradict yourself that it's hard to know what your diatribe is trying to get to. Seems like you just want to have a go at the club in general.

I'll just say this, last summer was a flop pretty much majority of people accepted that and did complain about the club not chucking another 10m at Liverpool. But ignore as it doesn't fit your agenda. Yh I want that cannibal.

Too busy moving for higuain and Suarez last summer. And augemayang was not and is not answer. Have you seen how he's setting record and word on fire at BVB :rolleyes:

Ps I want wenger out so much for WKB and you are been obtuse.

Pls sit down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you start by ''dismissing'' points by simply saying it. AKA you have no answers for it. Too busy moving for 2 players that you didn't buy, seems legit. I don't even have an agenda against Arsenal just pulling you up on the **** that is being chucked around because your gassed about Sanchez.

Pls.

I've said this before ages back but if we need another striker what do u think bout pato? Cheap, quick, not too short, and can dribble and finish well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9794
Original post by FKLW
So you start by ''dismissing'' points by simply saying it. AKA you have no answers for it. Too busy moving for 2 players that you didn't buy, seems legit. I don't even have an agenda against Arsenal just pulling you up on the **** that is being chucked around because your gassed about Sanchez.

Pls.

No I showed that your point is totally wrong and then you go on some **** about superior complex, oil club etc? What's that about. Then bring last summer failing.

What's all that got to do with your point that people are saying Alexis is enough? Srs.

Sit down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9795
Original post by 419
No I showed that your point is totally wrong and then you go on some **** about superior complex, oil club etc? What's that about. Then bring last summer failing.

What's all that got to do with your point that people are saying Alexis is enough? Srs.

Sit down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really because it's relevant. You said that there's no top strikers available, I disagreed, and for the sake of argument let's say there isn't well you've only got yourselves to blame considering you could've had the best football on current form in the world for £50 million. Then you'll proceed to go onto a Chelsea thread when they actually buy a WC striker like Costa and say 'ha ha look how much you paid/ we don't have a sugar daddy/ look at how we maintained top 4 throughout stadium debts' aka typical bull like that.

People say Alexis is enough because psychologically your know that you are inferior to top clubs. You've been conditioned by your manager and by your board to buy one big player then settle for mediocrity. Calling it now that without a WC ST you'll finish 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Not really because it's relevant. You said that there's no top strikers available, I disagreed, and for the sake of argument let's say there isn't well you've only got yourselves to blame considering you could've had the best football on current form in the world for £50 million. Then you'll proceed to go onto a Chelsea thread when they actually buy a WC striker like Costa and say 'ha ha look how much you paid/ we don't have a sugar daddy/ look at how we maintained top 4 throughout stadium debts' aka typical bull like that.

People say Alexis is enough because psychologically your know that you are inferior to top clubs. You've been conditioned by your manager and by your board to buy one big player then settle for mediocrity. Calling it now that without a WC ST you'll finish 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is the evidence that Liverpool would have sold Suarez to us for 50 million? Or for any price. The owner of Liverpool himself said :"I'm unequivocal that we won't sell to Arsenal, whatever the bid is,". Your whole argument is based on bull**** and frankly I don't even think you know what point you are trying to make.
Original post by Numan786

He's agreed a deal to join QPR.
Reply 9799
Original post by De Chirico
Where is the evidence that Liverpool would have sold Suarez to us for 50 million? Or for any price. The owner of Liverpool himself said :"I'm unequivocal that we won't sell to Arsenal, whatever the bid is,". Your whole argument is based on bull**** and frankly I don't even think you know what point you are trying to make.

It's well known considering he was banned and they labelled the offer 'derisory' implying they would've sold for more. You pissed them off with the £1 so after that there was no chance.

Also, pls jump of 419's ****.

Latest