The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If a man has a women on his arm, and opens up a girl on the street, they will always respond openly.

It's much less threatening.
Original post by Ade9000
Cross the road, after you walk ahead of her to get a good distance in front of her. Turn around, smile and say 'Hi. Can I talk to you for a minute?' If she declines, you move on.

That simple.

Not gonna lie; that's likely to come across as 'creepy'.
I agree.

It's better to approach a woman, already with a girl on your arm.

That way you can get away with a lot more social compliance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zarek
Use your brain. Firstly it takes someone by surprise which is often inappropriate and rude, secondly it is very presumptuous and thirdly, and sadly, girls are sometimes at threat from strange males.

Ran out of likes, but this... :smile::smile:
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Not gonna lie; that's likely to come across as 'creepy'.

Understandable. It was just a suggestion. But would you class it as disrespectful? Not every women is threatened by men wanting to talk to them on the street.
There are examples of extreme social compliance.

read In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.
Original post by Ade9000
Understandable. It was just a suggestion. But would you class it as disrespectful? Not every women is threatened by men wanting to talk to them on the street.

What's disrespectful is thinking that it doesn't matter if you scare a few women as long as one eventually gives you her number. Can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs etc etc.
i used to open girls on the street. The best opener is to actually offer them drugs, it breaks the ice, shows confidence, and doesn't creep them out or show neediness or desperation.
and I have slept with a few girls after opening with that.
Original post by democracyforum
i used to open girls on the street. The best opener is to actually offer them drugs, it breaks the ice, shows confidence, and doesn't creep them out or show neediness or desperation.
and I have slept with a few girls after opening with that.

Cool story bro. Nothing more attractive to women than a low level pusher.
Original post by cole-slaw
Cool story bro. Nothing more attractive to women than a low level pusher.

Well, I don't actually sell drugs or have ever sold them. It's just a way to open a girl I wanted to talk to.

More importantly is what you convey. That you are social, interesting, bold, and non-needy or desperate.

The easiest way to do daygame is with a girl already with you, you would be amazed by how much easier it is to do.
Well, I don't actually sell drugs or have ever sold them. It's just a way to open a girl I wanted to talk to.

More importantly is what you convey. That you are social, interesting, bold, and non-needy or desperate.

The easiest way to do daygame is with a girl already with you, you would be amazed by how much easier it is to do.

yeah, but posing as a drug dealer doesn't convey any of those things. It conveys LOSER in massive capital letters.

I don't know what's more pathetic, actually being a bottom rung drug pusher on £2 a hour or pretending to be one to try and get freebies off hookers.
What's disrespectful is thinking that it doesn't matter if you scare a few women as long as one eventually gives you her number. Can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs etc etc.

If you convey your fear i.e. you don't respond, increase walking pace then you back off. That's how you sure that them being scared matters.
yeah, but posing as a drug dealer doesn't convey any of those things. It conveys LOSER in massive capital letters.

I don't know what's more pathetic, actually being a bottom rung drug pusher on £2 a hour or pretending to be one to try and get freebies off hookers.

Picking up girls is a learning process, realising what to do and what not to do, and failing a lot.
No harm in experimenting.
Looool so many baby PUA's in this thread!

Guys if you want to approach a lady in the street and you do it in a respectful, non creepy way and respect her feelings if she turns round to tell you to go away then by all means go for it but these days, because PUA's have ruined it for guys who aren't just in it for the ego boost a lot of girls are wary of this out of the blue, daylight behaviour.

Men, please try and remember that as a woman/girl shaped person, we are subjected to **** everytime we leave the house, cat calling, groping, unwanted male attention when we are just trying to go about our day. Remember this and respect that when you approach people.

Classic male shaming to someone who slept with a girl that people think he didn't deserve.
Original post by Trigger
Looool so many baby PUA's in this thread!

Guys if you want to approach a lady in the street and you do it in a respectful, non creepy way and respect her feelings if she turns round to tell you to go away then by all means go for it but these days, because PUA's have ruined it for guys who aren't just in it for the ego boost a lot of girls are wary of this out of the blue, daylight behaviour.

Men, please try and remember that as a woman/girl shaped person, we are subjected to **** everytime we leave the house, cat calling, groping, unwanted male attention when we are just trying to go about our day. Remember this and respect that when you approach people.

Also, circumstances and social circumstances matter.

For example, after ww2 when all the men returned home from war. Talking to women on the street would have been much more socially acceptable and even expected,
Also, circumstances and social circumstances matter.

For example, after ww2 when all the men returned home from war. Talking to women on the street would have been much more socially acceptable and even expected,

Indeed, now i live my life being suspicious of people saying hello at a bus stop. Oh life.
Don't use PU lines. IT'S A HUGE TURN OFF FOR THE LAIDES. DON'T EVER USE THEM.
Also do it in public plain sight as she would feel that she's about to get harassed or raped.
Do it in a respectful way! Your more likely to get a reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 219
I've had guys stop me by shouting: "OIIII HEEEY BABBE" across a busy street/park/Westfield. When I ignore them, I've been called frigid as well other things. Extremely embarrassing! Please do not do this. It has happened more than once and some guys think I have some duty to give them my number.

However, I've had nice, decent conversations (not cheesy pick-up lines!) with strangers who talked to me at the bus stop, while sitting on a train, waiting for a friend etc. Some of them genuinely made my day and if I didn't give them my number, they were still polite and walked away.

I honestly think it's pretty brave to approach someone you like, especially in the street. I would never be able to do it!! However, my bad experiences far outweigh the good ones and my first reaction when a stranger comes up to me is 'fight or flight'. So please consider the way you approach and the environment. If it's 11pm and the object of your affection is walking alone, of course they're going to be s**t scared.

Interrupting while with friends is rude in most situations, if they ignore you just leave it and saying 'no' is not a special flirting tactic girls use so guys can chase them...it really does mean no.

Latest

Trending

Trending