The Student Room Group

I'm a mixed-race atheist guy. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StrangeBanana
How did you manage that?

Good sperm obviously :smile:
Original post by Alfissti
That's what my ex-wife and now ex-girlfriend said I am.

I suppose I am since I generally don't care too much about issues such as society and charity etc.

Why ex wife and ex girlfriend?

Also were you a student when your second child was born?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which of the current hypothesis do you support regarding the reason for the recorded inequality between Matter and Anti-Matter quantities?

And why?
Reply 23
I felt :
-Science disproved the whole concept of a god.
-Religions were divisive.
-Religions are destructive.
-Religions as a whole are no different from businesses, the difference being the service they sell is one of mind control.
-The bible like most holy books seemed full of holes and majority of the stories in there simply didn't hold water.
-Finally one of the biggest reasons I left is none other than finding that some of the worst people in the world were none other than Christians and Catholics.

Science does not disprove God, it undermimes God. This is because the rational mode of thought means people are no longer enchanted by religion. Science simply gives man more power to control the world -and they doing a pretty **** job of it! Yes, religions may be divisive, and this too greatly undermimes the plausibility of religion, but we can never have a one size fits all approach that would suit everyone. And some religious people may be hypocrites, but nobody is perfect.
Reply 24
how much do you know about the French canal system
Reply 25
Original post by donutaud15
Why ex wife and ex girlfriend?

Also were you a student when your second child was born?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ex wife thinks I'm evil because she always thought I used money to control and manipulate her and the children. Now she thinks I'm evil because I lodged a report against her that she isn't paying her share of child support. She became an ex because she was unhappy with just about everything especially where she couldn't get the last say.

The ex-girlfriend, she thinks I'm evil because I used my business influences and financial muscle to win her friends over which in reality I did no such thing. Now she thinks I'm evil because she wanted me to help her with one charity project I told her I had no time for her. She became an ex primarily because she kept becoming more and more possessive and I simply had enough.

Yes I was reading my 2nd degree when my 2nd was born.
Reply 26
Shouldn't you be doing something more entertaining then using TSR at your age?
Ex wife thinks I'm evil because she always thought I used money to control and manipulate her and the children. Now she thinks I'm evil because I lodged a report against her that she isn't paying her share of child support. She became an ex because she was unhappy with just about everything especially where she couldn't get the last say.

The ex-girlfriend, she thinks I'm evil because I used my business influences and financial muscle to win her friends over which in reality I did no such thing. Now she thinks I'm evil because she wanted me to help her with one charity project I told her I had no time for her. She became an ex primarily because she kept becoming more and more possessive and I simply had enough.

Yes I was reading my 2nd degree when my 2nd was born.

How did you cope with two kids while studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Which of the current hypothesis do you support regarding the reason for the recorded inequality between Matter and Anti-Matter quantities?

And why?

I don't support any side at this moment in time.

I look for a beyond reasonable doubt standard of proof and no side provides it at this moment in time.

Original post by 93jm
how much do you know about the French canal system

I'm not too interested in anything French.
Reply 29
Original post by rileyj
Shouldn't you be doing something more entertaining then using TSR at your age?

It makes for some good anonymous distraction especially considering how boring it is to wire up 28 workstations with Cat 6a cables.
Reply 30
How did you cope with two kids while studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't the easiest thing in the world especially with the first one.

I guess it did help that for the most part money was never really an issue, the main pressing issue at the time was time itself which there never was enough. Prioritising does help, there simply were times where kids were not #1 priority and as difficult as it was at that time it was simply what had to be done.

It did help that the ex was mostly very supportive of me during the early days and I simply had the mindset that I had lots of responsibilities on my hands and shoulders, if I didn't succeed at school then it would be a lifelong misery as there was only so long my parents could support me.
Wasn't the easiest thing in the world especially with the first one.

I guess it did help that for the most part money was never really an issue, the main pressing issue at the time was time itself which there never was enough. Prioritising does help, there simply were times where kids were not #1 priority and as difficult as it was at that time it was simply what had to be done.

It did help that the ex was mostly very supportive of me during the early days and I simply had the mindset that I had lots of responsibilities on my hands and shoulders, if I didn't succeed at school then it would be a lifelong misery as there was only so long my parents could support me.

Would you have any parenting advice to new parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Would you have any parenting advice to new parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) You will never have enough money and time for everything, therefore prioritise and properly manage both as both are essential to the well-being of a child.

2) Your child doesn't need to be #1 priority every time, sometimes your partner, job and most importantly yourself comes 1st.

3) You will be a parent to your child and that isn't the same as being their friend.

4) From a young age teach your children the value of money and that it doesn't grow on trees or falls from the sky or comes out from a credit card.

5) Instil responsibility and teach them the difference between right and wrong, your child isn't going to be 100% right every time no matter how perfect you think your little angel(devil) is.
1) You will never have enough money and time for everything, therefore prioritise and properly manage both as both are essential to the well-being of a child.

2) Your child doesn't need to be #1 priority every time, sometimes your partner, job and most importantly yourself comes 1st.

3) You will be a parent to your child and that isn't the same as being their friend.

4) From a young age teach your children the value of money and that it doesn't grow on trees or falls from the sky or comes out from a credit card.

5) Instil responsibility and teach them the difference between right and wrong, your child isn't going to be 100% right every time no matter how perfect you think your little angel(devil) is.

The second one is the most honest advice I've heard in a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you an atheist, mixed race, male?
Reply 35
Original post by Last Day Lepers
Are you an atheist, mixed race, male?

Yes.
Reply 36
The second one is the most honest advice I've heard in a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you found it so.
Yes.

Do you think scotland should become independent or should it don't drop that dun dun dun?
Reply 38
Original post by Last Day Lepers
Do you think scotland should become independent or should it don't drop that dun dun dun?

There isn't a business and economic case for an independent Scotland.

In view of the above I believe Scotland should remain part of UK but be allowed further devolution .

Quick Reply

Latest