The Student Room Group

Anyone's school do these?

Did anyone else's school offer GCSEs in Psychology, Sociology, and Law? Just wondering as I know they're not common at GCSE.
Mine offered psychology, but they are scrapping it because you don't need it to study psychology at a-level. Despite the 40+ case studies I had to memorise, it became one of my favourite subjects :smile:
Me too I love Psych
Original post by WomenFartLoads
Me too I love Psych

I love your username :rofl3:
mine offered psych and law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else's school offer GCSEs in Psychology, Sociology, and Law? Just wondering as I know they're not common at GCSE.

My school offered Sociology but not Law or Psychology. They now do Psychology though, but they didn't when I was choosing my options.
Original post by missfats
mine offered psych and law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At GCSE?
At GCSE?

Can I ask why you're so intrigued. :tongue:

My school offered sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellowcopter
Can I ask why you're so intrigued. :tongue:

Because my school offered all 3 of them (and I took all 3) and I wanna make sure I'm not the only one lol
Because my school offered all 3 of them (and I took all 3) and I wanna make sure I'm not the only one lol

Oh right. :tongue: Loads of schools do Psychology and Sociology. It's only Law that's the uncommon one.

But it's only GCSE level, so you'll be fine and your GCSE options aren't that important it's the grades you get for them that count.
Nope
Yeah, mine offered psychology and sociology.

I did sociology gcse lol
Mine offers all three but I haven't taken one of them. Is psychology worth taking?
Original post by RebeccaLong
Mine offers all three but I haven't taken one of them. Is psychology worth taking?

Cool, at gcse right?

Yeah I'd recommend taking Psychology. Sure you don't need it for A-Level, but that's the case with many subjects anyway.
Cool, at gcse right?

Yeah I'd recommend taking Psychology. Sure you don't need it for A-Level, but that's the case with many subjects anyway.

Yep, gcse.
Cool, i might do it when I leave school :redface:
My school stuck to the more traditional subjects for GCSE and A-Level so I never got to study any of those.

Quick Reply

Latest