The Student Room Group

Car finance question

This weekend I got rid of my old banger and bought a new car on 0% finance. On the dealers computer it said the finance proposal had been accepted and I signed some paperwork. I'm due to collect my car tomorrow evening and the dealer said I need to bring 2 months bank statements with me for them to copy and fax to the finance provider. Can the deal still fall through? I've already paid a rather hefty deposit. My dad thinks the bank statements thing is just a formality and I have nothing to worry about as the finance has already been accepted.
Reply 1
Bank statment is to show that you have money coming in so if you do you got nothing to worry about.
What car did you buy?
Just a formality.
Reply 3
Original post by Joeey009
Bank statment is to show that you have money coming in so if you do you got nothing to worry about.
What car did you buy?

Yeah income isn't a problem, it's my expenditure that's quite erratic!
Reply 4
They won't care, they've already credit checked you to confirm you don't have so much other credit that you might not be able to pay. It's just a formality.

If the finance deal fails for whatever reason they will usually refund your deposit anyway as it wasn't your fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending