The Student Room Group

Work experience! Help!

I would just like to know if you have to disclose information about how long your work experience have been
I want to apply for a psychology course at uni. I had the opportunity of attending the work experience week at the psychology department at a local university. However my summer school dates clashed with the work experience and I had to miss 3 days of it in order to attend the summer school. Would I be at a disadvantage if I only attended two days or can I just write that I have attended it but not write how long I've been there? Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
I would just like to know if you have to disclose information about how long your work experience have been
I want to apply for a psychology course at uni. I had the opportunity of attending the work experience week at the psychology department at a local university. However my summer school dates clashed with the work experience and I had to miss 3 days of it in order to attend the summer school. Would I be at a disadvantage if I only attended two days or can I just write that I have attended it but not write how long I've been there? Any help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When it comes to work experience you definitley dont write out dates in full, you dont have room in the personal statement! What you need to do is talk about it in terms of skills you gained e.g. teamworking, working independently, knowledge gained e.c.t
Reply 2
You write what you gained from the experience that is relevant to your application. If you're there two days you won't have learnt anything worth mentioning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending