The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numan786
Brazil have ****ed up choosing Fred they should of took pato, robinho and kaka

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're equally as **** as each other.
Original post by C.Almasy
Have to say, Ozil is ****. He should not be starting. Sick of defending him. He looks like a lost boy.

I'll call him out when he's poor, and he was at times in this tournament, but genuinely he was absolutely fine tonight.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2685192/Mesut-Ozil-barely-registers-important-kick-Germany-destroy-hosts-Brazil-7-1-World-Cup-semi-final.html

Right I've ****ing had it, what exactly has Ozil done that has resulted in some media witch hunt against him this past year?
Ozil is targeted by the media, the craziest game in WC history just occurred and the daily mail are talking about Ozil?
Reply 9824
Just waiting for someone to come in now and claim that Arsenal fans are saying Ozil's had a great tournament.
Original post by Pete_91
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2685192/Mesut-Ozil-barely-registers-important-kick-Germany-destroy-hosts-Brazil-7-1-World-Cup-semi-final.html

Right I've ****ing had it, what exactly has Ozil done that has resulted in some media witch hunt against him this past year?

The Daily Mail have essentially decided that there's alot of profit in baiting Arsenal at each and every opportunity, that's obvious to anyone. See Adrian Durham writing about Arsenal literally every week...

Ludicrous article that was pre-written before the match.
I guess being involved in like 4 of the goals and nearly every attack is 'barely involved' to some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would've been 8-0 if he could finish, nice one Ozil

not srs he played well
Original post by Zürich
The Daily Mail have essentially decided that their's alot of profit in baiting Arsenal at each and every opportunity, that's obvious to anyone.

Ludicrous article that was pre-written before the match.

We need to Graham back involved, he knew how to handle those ****ers in the media. The anti-Arsenal agenda in the media is astounding.
Reply 9829
All this criticism of Ozil is ****ing stupid.

If you man think Ozil has been **** in his first season at Arsenal, and if you lot this he's been **** at the World Cup - then god help your respective teams when he fits in the premier league and begins to really play to the best of his ability.
Original post by Pete_91
We need to Graham back involved, he knew how to handle those ****ers in the media. The anti-Arsenal agenda in the media is astounding.

Aww somebody hit a nerve.

I think the media is pro United-pro Liverpool btw. They seriously need to hop off their dicks man.
Reply 9831
Original post by jam278

I think the media is pro United-pro Liverpool btw. They seriously need to hop off their dicks man.

Scums lol
Original post by jam278

You agree with me though? The establishment bias in Sky (Liverpool) and BBC (United) was clear to see last season. Not saying the media love Chelsea (they love Jose though) but they ****ing hate us. Ozil wasn't getting any criticism until he came here, if he'd have joined any other club than Arsenal he'd be getting no criticism.
Original post by jam278

The media is just pro-North. They don't like us Southerners coming in and changing stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91

The good thing is that the agenda has become so blatantly obvious that it's starting to just drift into the background. Look how sensationalist the Mail is having to be about Arsenal to grab attention these days? When I first saw this article on twitter I genuinely thought it was a parody, which speaks volumes about it.

Arsenal are a very very unpopular club with the media though.

Original post by jam278

Mate, that article was released minutes after the FT whistle. The Daily Mail themselves gave Ozil a 6.5/10 so why on earth have they released this pre-written drivel?

Nobody can deny that the Mail chat **** about Arsenal every week, just read a Durham column FFS
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I'll call him out when he's poor, and he was at times in this tournament, but genuinely he was absolutely fine tonight.

I watched him all game, and for the whole season. I honestly do not think he is worth £43m. £30m at the absolute max. Considering Cazorla was £18m, Ozil should realistically be valued at around £25m.
Original post by Peggles_*
The media is just pro-North. They don't like us Southerners coming in and changing stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The media is pro-big clubs
reckon i could defecate in to an envelope and send it to Dailymail and would still get hired.
Original post by Pete_91

Terrible article, at least they could have got the very basic facts on the body of the article straight like the score of this match. 7-1, not "7-0"...
Original post by C.Almasy
I watched him all game, and for the whole season. I honestly do not think he is worth £43m. £30m at the absolute max. Considering Cazorla was £18m, Ozil should realistically be valued at around £25m.

Yes Ozil for £43m was a poor deal, but we all know he is capable of playing at that level and has years ahead of him.

Ozil plays like a £25m player last season though, cant disagree with that.

Latest