The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I was just about to post this. A lovely player and a cult hero at Hillsborough, his problems being his injury record which is worrying (I assume that is why you offered a one year deal to him) and his defensive issues in the championship. In league one he'll destroy it, expect 5-10 goals from a fit Reda.

The contract is one year with the option to extend. Seems like somebody who could be great if we can keep him fit, which is a big if. How does he score so many?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
The contract is one year with the option to extend. Seems like somebody who could be great if we can keep him fit, which is a big if. How does he score so many?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah a nice flexible contract then. Because he's a big beast who fights his way to the ball from every set piece going then pounces on the rebound, plus he loves a little run. If you have somebody who can whip crosses in, probably floaty ones then expect goals.
If Fuham sign McCormack for £11m, their front 3 of McCormack, Ruiz and Mitrolgou(spelling), will have cost £30m+... Watford's arguably much more reliable front 3 of Deeney, Vydra and Forestieri, with Anya and Dyer on the wings, cost £500k. Feeder club efficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
If Fuham sign McCormack for £11m, their front 3 of McCormack, Ruiz and Mitrolgou(spelling), will have cost £30m+... Watford's arguably much more reliable front 3 of Deeney, Vydra and Forestieri, with Anya and Dyer on the wings, cost £500k. Feeder club efficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

McCormack for £11m? Seriously? Jesus wept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be surprised if they kept ruiz tbh after the world cup he's had.

11m for mccormack is ridiculous - leeds should be laughing all the way to the bank with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
£11,000,000 is an absolutely disgusting amount of money for one Championship club to be paying another for a player. I hope every single club busts a gut to beat them this season.
Is £11m a record for a Champipnship transfer, for any stattos amogst us?

Watford have also just completed the most confusing tramsfer I've ever seen. Having loaned Daniel Toszer from Genoa in January, he returned to Genoa at the seasons end, only for him to be swopped for another player with Parma, only for Parma then to loan him to us for two years... Suspicious...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
Is £11m a record for a Champipnship transfer, for any stattos amogst us?

Watford have also just completed the most confusing tramsfer I've ever seen. Having loaned Daniel Toszer from Genoa in January, he returned to Genoa at the seasons end, only for him to be swopped for another player with Parma, only for Parma then to loan him to us for two years... Suspicious...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is. Largest fee between two clubs outside the top flight, although not sure if it is the largest ever received by a Championship club (such as a Championship to Premier League deal).

Toszer deal is great. And it appears as if the Juan Carlos Paredes deal is all but confirmed as well.
Original post by billybo_h
Yeah it is. Largest fee between two clubs outside the top flight, although not sure if it is the largest ever received by a Championship club (such as a Championship to Premier League deal).

Toszer deal is great. And it appears as if the Juan Carlos Paredes deal is all but confirmed as well.

How much did Oxlade-Chamberlain join Arsenal for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keiren Westwood alongside Sam Hutchinson become our first proper signings. Hutchinson was predictable but Westwood is a complete shock, even more so with confirmation that Kirkland has signed a new contract.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Keiren Westwood alongside Sam Hutchinson become our first proper signings. Hutchinson was predictable but Westwood is a complete shock, even more so with confirmation that Kirkland has signed a new contract.

Returning to the Championship after years doing nothing. Hope he does well but that move to Sunderland has done him no favours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
How much did Oxlade-Chamberlain join Arsenal for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just had a look; £12 million up front, with a potential rise to £15.

That must be the largest, surely.
Original post by billybo_h
Just had a look; £12 million up front, with a potential rise to £15.

That must be the largest, surely.

Off the top of my head I remember Wilfried Zouma costing about the same but none higher. Crazy money to be throwing at an unproven teenager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zaha was £18m, was he not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus wept my brain is slow today. Yeah that's who I meant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely forgot about Zaha; shows how ineffective that move turned out to be for him...

£18 million is so, so much money...
£11mil I am laffin. He's good but not that good. It's not exactly hard to be a stand out player in our squad.

We need to put £10mil of that into defence.
Original post by Silver Arrows
£11mil I am laffin. He's good but not that good. It's not exactly hard to be a stand out player in our squad.

Cellino must be about as stunned as the Germans over in Brazil with what a gift he's been given. Shame that he will spend it all himself as the Yes man Hockaday surely will have no input.
Original post by Silver Arrows

Cellino already said that he had signings lined up on a previously planned budget, and that the McCormack deal gives us £11m (minus 15% going to Cardiff) to spend on one class striker
Original post by pigpen94
Cellino already said that he had signings lined up on a previously planned budget, and that the McCormack deal gives us £11m (minus 15% going to Cardiff) to spend on one class striker

Keep hearing rumours you're trying for Deeney. Worth a try I guess. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest