The Student Room Group

5 year boyfriend but falling for best friend?

What do i do???
Er a bit of context might help. How strong are your feelings for your best friend, why are you falling for him now after 5 years with your boyfriend?
The lamp says "moo".

No but seriously, what?
Original post by DivinityA
Er a bit of context might help. How strong are your feelings for your best friend, why are you falling for him now after 5 years with your boyfriend?

Being with and talking to my best friend makes me feel happy, and gives me those stupid butterfly feelings. Unlike my boyfriend who doesnt involve me in his life, and enjoys everything other than me. I'm beyond confused!
Original post by EmilyDollfaceman
Being with and talking to my best friend makes me feel happy, and gives me those stupid butterfly feelings. Unlike my boyfriend who doesnt involve me in his life, and enjoys everything other than me. I'm beyond confused!

Do you think your bestfriend has feelings for you as well? Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're that happy with your boyfriend anyway so you're probably best off moving on - even though it's been 5 years, if you're not happy then it isn't working.
Reply 5

is it his best friend or YOUR best friend.

is your friend a boy or girl.

are they gay or straight?

im guessing its YOUR best friend and its a straight boy.

id make sure he likes you first. then break up with your boyfriend.
plus it sounds like you should be considering breaking up with your boyfriend anyway.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Do you think your bestfriend has feelings for you as well? Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're that happy with your boyfriend anyway so you're probably best off moving on - even though it's been 5 years, if you're not happy then it isn't working.

He admitted to me today that he has feelings for me, we spent the entire day talking about how to deal with the whole thing. In an odd way I wish that my boyfriend would just break up with me, I don't want to hurt him or anyone. Weve been together for 5 years, how do I end something like that? Thanks for your help!
(edited 9 years ago)
He admitted to me today that he has feelings for me, we spent the entire day talking about how to deal with the whole thing. In an odd way I wish that my boyfriend would just break up with me, I don't want to hurt him or anyone. Weve been together for 5 years, how do I end something like that? Thanks for your help!

cheat on him and make sure he finds out. Then he'l break up with you rofl.

Quick Reply