The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9860
Original post by C.Almasy
Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...

A lot of people are mentioning that he stated it in french commentary while others say he told stan collymore. Nothing concrete that I've found yet but looking good nonetheless.
I guess Germany winning the World Cup or not won't have any significance on Ozil's club-level performance next season
This is brilliant, Suarez to Barca getting wrapped up would make this all completely beautiful. #Wenger's.magic.hat.
Original post by shawn_o1
I guess Germany winning the World Cup or not won't have any significance on Ozil's club-level performance next season

Just means Podolski will include a new hastag in his tweets probably

#weltmeister #aha
Original post by C.Almasy
Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...

Sanchez going for the same price as Fellaini makes me want to cry. If only we'd appointed Louis van Goat last year.

Also, sort out who's making the new thread please.
Lack of proven no.9s on the market so Alexis is the next best thing really, that's the way I see it. Also a good transfer for Ozil, we lacked pace heavily last season, but you can bet your house that Ozil will be licking his lips with the possibility of Theo, Alexis and Ramsey on the same team. Think we should still go after someone like Mandzukic because it gives us a rotation option for Giroud, I imagine Alexis will be given a free role in the team to cause havoc but he'll play off someone imo and Giroud has very good link up play.

Also, really impressed by Khedira tonight but it's clear he wouldn't suit Ramsey. Would leave us far too open as you'd have both of them bombing on and no one to cover the CBs. Would like us to have another crack at Gustavo/Bender honestly,
Original post by sr90

Also, sort out who's making the new thread please.

And don't do it while I'm sleeping.
Ok so question of the century.

Who's better Fred or giroud ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9868
Original post by Numan786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud plays for arsenal

So fred by default.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud man, although neither should be labelled scapegoats for their teams inability to defend or function as a cohesive unit. Looking back to the Liverpool game, it was lack of protection for the back four that cost us. We were playing with 8 men as had Ozil/Cazorla/Arteta on the pitch IIRC. Same thing applies to Giroud, they have been playing with 8 players as Hulk/Fred/Oscar have not turned up at all. So it's not a surprise this has happened. Had some serious de ja vu watching the game tbh. I would say Brazil capitulated more heavily due to the weight of their country on their shoulders and missing their two most important players,

It just goes to show how poor this World Cup has been that a team like Brazil, who's attack consisted of one player, and defence consisted of one player with the rest making up the numbers managed to reach the semis.
Original post by 419
Giroud plays for arsenal

So fred by default.

Haha lets just call it a stalemate ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
wait, so sr90 the Man Utd fan is the football section's new mod? When did that happen?
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Giroud man, although neither should be labelled scapegoats for their teams inability to defend or function as a cohesive unit. Looking back to the Liverpool game, it was lack of protection for the back four that cost us. We were playing with 8 men as had Ozil/Cazorla/Arteta on the pitch IIRC. Same thing applies to Giroud, they have been playing with 8 players as Hulk/Fred/Oscar have not turned up at all. So it's not a surprise this has happened. Had some serious de ja vu watching the game tbh. I would say Brazil capitulated more heavily due to the weight of their country on their shoulders and missing their two most important players,

It just goes to show how poor this World Cup has been that a team like Brazil, who's attack consisted of one player, and defence consisted of one player with the rest making up the numbers managed to reach the semis.

I agree especially with the second bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsene Wenger is the smartest man alive!! Before he signed Ozil, he closely scrutinised the situation with Bale and R Madrid. He knew that Bale signing would pave the way for a R Madrid player to leave and seeing as almost all their players are world class, he looked out for a player who would feel affected by the signing. He pin pointed Ozil and the rest is history. He always said how he would only make a big money signing for someone who he thought was world class.

He's done the same with Barca. Before the Suarez-Barca speculations, Liverpool and Juventus were the only clubs interested in Sanchez. Again, he looked out for a player who would feel affected by the Suarez signing. He pin pointed Sanchez, seeing as he was rumoured to be unhappy at the club in the past. Sanchez is certainly a world class player(He's an upgrade of Hazard) and Wenger is willing to pay large sums for him.

This is the only way Wenger will sign world class players lol. When he wants world class players, he targets teams with world class players all round or just the best player in a team like he bid for Suarez in january. He will never pay beyond 20m for a player who isn't world class, so forget players like Draxler etc.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Lack of proven no.9s on the market so Alexis is the next best thing really, that's the way I see it. Also a good transfer for Ozil, we lacked pace heavily last season, but you can bet your house that Ozil will be licking his lips with the possibility of Theo, Alexis and Ramsey on the same team. Think we should still go after someone like Mandzukic because it gives us a rotation option for Giroud, I imagine Alexis will be given a free role in the team to cause havoc but he'll play off someone imo and Giroud has very good link up play.

Also, really impressed by Khedira tonight but it's clear he wouldn't suit Ramsey. Would leave us far too open as you'd have both of them bombing on and no one to cover the CBs. Would like us to have another crack at Gustavo/Bender honestly,

Mandzukic is on his way to Atlético

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by firmfrank
Arsene Wenger is the smartest man alive!! Before he signed Ozil, he closely scrutinised the situation with Bale and R Madrid. He knew that Bale signing would pave the way for a R Madrid player to leave and seeing as almost all their players are world class, he looked out for a player who would feel affected by the signing. He pin pointed Ozil and the rest is history. He always said how he would only make a big money signing for someone who he thought was world class.

He's done the same with Barca. Before the Suarez-Barca speculations, Liverpool and Juventus were the only clubs interested in Sanchez. Again, he looked out for a player who would feel affected by the Suarez signing. He pin pointed Sanchez, seeing as he was rumoured to be unhappy at the club in the past. Sanchez is certainly a world class player(He's an upgrade of Hazard) and Wenger is willing to pay large sums for him.

This is the only way Wenger will sign world class players lol. When he wants world class players, he targets teams with world class players all round or just the best player in a team like he bid for Suarez in january. He will never pay beyond 20m for a player who isn't world class, so forget players like Draxler etc.

I think wenger is more of an opportunist and I can see us going for benzema next summer or even this summer as Madrid will probably sign a big money player as barca have just signed one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would u take pato?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would u take pato?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pato is just your typical burnt out, has been Brazilian striker...
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good deal for Atletico imo. Diego Costa and Mandzukic are roughly equal imo, there is little to separate their ability. I agree with the general points about modern football lacking a supply of adequate "Number 9" forwards. Everyone seems to want to be some CAM/False 9 player these days.

Of course if you buy a supposedly 'world class' striker it is not even guaranteed he will score the goals or set the world alight in your team system/league. Just look at the past: Shevchenco, Torres, Cavani, etc. I think losing Robin was really a bigger blow than Cesc, Cesc is much more replaceable in the current climate.
Original post by Zürich
Pato is just your typical burnt out, has been Brazilian striker...

Who's 24/25, was touted to be one of the worlds best and IMO needs to be round a good environment with a great manager who can help him. Tbh for 10m or less I'd take a punt as he has what is needed to make a wc striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile