The Student Room Group

What is your most effective work out? i.e running, lifting etc?

State your goal i.e bulking up or losing weight

Most effective work out

thanks

:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

At the moment I'm purely training to get strong so I'm mostly lifting or resting.

Normally I swim dominantly and then lift and run too support it.
Exercise: weightliting
Goal: get bigger.
Currently cutting but looking to maintain as much strength as possible.

Heavy lifts for 20 minutes: 5 reps in a compound lift, eg. BP, Squats, DL
Higher reps/drop-sets/super-sets for 20 minutes: up to 12 reps in isolation exercises
Abs for 10 minutes every session
Finish with HIIT or steady state in alternating sessions, usually Tabata on a bike.

All done on an empty stomach
Im trying to bulk up.
Whenever I go gym, the workouts I find most effective to me are going on the eliptical cross trainer, it helps strengthen my body and also improve my cardio stamina. I also find the chest press, weight machines, treadmill and cycling effective workouts aswell.
Calisthenics. Goal is to stop being a weakling.
Deadlifts. Then I can smash 200kg on the floor and get everyone's attention.

Goal: Be the centre of attention.
Original post by Naveed-7
Im trying to bulk up.
Whenever I go gym, the workouts I find most effective to me are going on the eliptical cross trainer, it helps strengthen my body and also improve my cardio stamina. I also find the chest press, weight machines, treadmill and cycling effective workouts aswell.

Sounds like you need to head over to the fitness section and get a proper routine.
Swimming! I went 3/4 times a week, swam 40/50 lengths and ended up loosing 2 stone in 3 months. It toned me up too, you use a lot of muscles to swim
The most effective work out is jogging. :smile:
Original post by illusionz
Deadlifts. Then I can smash 200kg on the floor and get everyone's attention.

Goal: Be the centre of attention.

sounds like my kind of workout.
at first - losing the pot belly / puppy fat / unacceptable weight i've gained from not going to school (it was 3 miles every day )
run to the gym, run at the gym, run back to the gym. (it's only half a mile each way)

once the belly's gone, weight lifting and definition excercises, but still keeping the run :smile:
Losing the belly first and foremost, bulking up second:

Typical workout:

1000 calories burned, usually 500 cross trainer, 300 treadmill, 200 bike

Around 100 weighted crunches ~60kg (yeah yeah it's quite low, what do you expect after that lot ^^)

20 bench press at 80/90kg

Every other day.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Losing the belly first and foremost, bulking up second:

Typical workout:

1000 calories burned, usually 500 cross trainer, 300 treadmill, 200 bike

Around 100 weighted crunches ~60kg (yeah yeah it's quite low, what do you expect after that lot ^^)

20 bench press at 80/90kg

Every other day.

Thats a pretty impressive work out to be honest. I was thinking about incorporating a cross trainer in my gym, is it worth it? could maybe buy a combo cross trainer/bike work out cheaper i guess.
Lifting.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?
Reply 15
Interval Training on the treadmill.

I'm concentrating on burning fat at the moment and this is working really well for me, it's also helping with my endurance as well.
Reply 16
Running
Original post by Bill_Gates

State your goal i.e bulking up or losing weight

Swimming is by far my most effective workout followed by running with some weights.

My goal is to be fit enough to be considered for the Israeli special forces should the day come when I'm in Israel permanently :h:
Original post by tehFrance
Swimming is by far my most effective workout followed by running with some weights.

My goal is to be fit enough to be considered for the Israeli special forces should the day come when I'm in Israel permanently :h:

Good luck to you sir!
Bulking

4100kcal daily

PUSH
PULL
LEGS

4 sets x 10 reps each exercise
compounds then isolation exercises.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest