The Student Room Group

Brazil vs Germany semi-final

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;RLZUKqpXYzU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU[/video]
Original post by asr11
The irony that the programme "seven wonders of Brazil" is on bbc two right now...

Hahaha....
Original post by Pascal678
lmfao u look like a bit of a knobhead now

Nah, I made that prediction when the competition started. I was right that they'd both make the Semis!
Original post by Zürich
It really depends on the players within the system.

4-2-3-1 can like many different formations depending on the the CMs and even the attacking players.

Yeah makes sense. the 4-2-3-1 that Chelsea seem to play is different to Madrid's. Plus anyway you also need to look at how the wingers play. Do Juve play 5atb or 3atb e.g.

As you say, it depends on the players. Oscar in the 3 is a very different system to say Ozil in the 3 and depending on the how disciplined the players are. Take Bayerns hammering of Barca, Schweinsteiger and Martinez played as the 2 like in any other game, but the system was very different to their normal game in how they broke and how they inter-reacted with their attackers. So I think there is more variation within formations than between them.

I couldnt actually tell you what formation Arsenal play tbh for this reason, I'd say its a 4-5-1 if anything but you hear anything from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3.

Yeah it depends on the players and the tactics.

Bayern's 4-2-3-1 under Heynckes e.g. was described as two banks of 4 e.g. because Robben and Ribery tracked back a lot. That Bayern game vs Barca was pretty robotic imo, Bayern usually played a much more fluid game than that.

I can see your reasoning tbf. Tbh formations are pretty loosely described anyway.
What did everyone think of Dante?

I thought he was abysmal with Luiz and Marcelo tbh. I knew the other two had terrible positional play but I thought more highly of Dante.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
What did everyone think of Dante?

I thought he was abysmal with Luiz and Marcelo tbh. I knew the other two had terrible positional play but I thought more highly of Dante.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They all just lost their composure after Klose scored so it's hard to say. 7 was really being lenient on Brazil, it really looked like Germany felt embarrassed at how easy it was and kept the score down out of pity.
I'd laugh if Argentina trashed Germany 7 0.

I wonder how you would justify your gass? pfft ^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
They all just lost their composure after Klose scored so it's hard to say. 7 was really being lenient on Brazil, it really looked like Germany felt embarrassed at how easy it was and kept the score down out of pity.

I just don't understand what was going on tbh. How did Germany have so much space in the box? Nearly all of their goals came from simple passing around the penalty area, it was just crazy.

Before the WC I called Brazil to bottle it but was never expecting them to crumble like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
I just don't understand what was going on tbh. How did Germany have so much space in the box? Nearly all of their goals came from simple passing around the penalty area, it was just crazy.

Before the WC I called Brazil to bottle it but was never expecting them to crumble like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

my thoughts exactly

HOW DID GERMANY HAVE SO MUCH SPACE faw?

jeez. Brazil embarrassment :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh although I like Argentina I can't see them having such an easy task as they aren't that strong defensively as the other teams. Imagine if they did have a good defence tho :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yes. Brazil are going all the way to the final. Germany will bottle it in the Semis, again.

HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE

great predictions m8
Everybody with sense picked Germany but not like this. The saddest thing for me about this result is Klose taking the record off an infinitely more talented player. I read on other forums people saying that Klose is up there with Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo (Brazil) etc and it sickens me. People overrate world cup performances, which depends massively on what team you play for (Germany is always one of the best teams) and luck (form for a month every four years). I find it really annoying that people say things like Klose>Messi, Ronaldo when both of these players, particularly Messi, make Klose look crap. Klose is a poacher, nothing else, and at club level he hasn't even been a great poacher, usually getting 10-15 goals in the Bundesliga throughout his career. Since scoring is all he's good for this isn't great. He's a legend for Germany but the fact is that he probably isn't even in the top 50 strikers of all time. There isn't too much to his game. I hate people who act is if players should be judged on the basis of what they did in the world cup. I guess Di Stefano sucked then and Klose>Di Stefano.

Original post by stefl14
Everybody with sense picked Germany but not like this. The saddest thing for me about this result is Klose taking the record off an infinitely more talented player. I read on other forums people saying that Klose is up there with Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo (Brazil) etc and it sickens me. People overrate world cup performances, which depends massively on what team you play for (Germany is always one of the best teams) and luck (form for a month every four years). I find it really annoying that people say things like Klose>Messi, Ronaldo when both of these players, particularly Messi, make Klose look crap. Klose is a poacher, nothing else, and at club level he hasn't even been a great poacher, usually getting 10-15 goals in the Bundesliga throughout his career. Since scoring is all he's good for this isn't great. He's a legend for Germany but the fact is that he probably isn't even in the top 50 strikers of all time. There isn't too much to his game. I hate people who act is if players should be judged on the basis of what they did in the world cup. I guess Di Stefano sucked then and Klose>Di Stefano.

I like C.ronaldo because he scores a penalty as the last goal in a 4-0 game, celebrates as if he won the game himself, but in reality he had little impact in the whole game. Champions league final.

Klose leaves it for the big stage. Ronaldo puts goals past weak Spanish teams.
Original post by stefl14

That's my favourite thing about it. Watching everyone get mad because people are overrating Klose.
Original post by Numan786
Tbh although I like Argentina I can't see them having such an easy task as they aren't that strong defensively as the other teams. Imagine if they did have a good defence tho :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha we will see.

I will be back dw and I will shame you all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

no chance in hell

i hope holland rekkkks argentina
Original post by stefl14

I agree entirely! And ronaldo(brazil) was on a whole different level to klose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahaha we will see.

I will be back dw and I will shame you all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually picking Argentina to beat Netherlands but I do think they will lose :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ESPORTIVA
no chance in hell

i hope holland rekkkks argentina

I am 100% Argentina will win.

let's see shall we.
I will name and shame you (not srs lol). :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest