The Student Room Group

Why do people hate immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Ggmu!
India isn't screwing Muslims over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

course it isn't cos its so lovey dovey there. Gosh....
Reply 121
Original post by imtelling
What resources?

India was an expensive show pony. Without Britain, India wouldn't even exist, in fact, you people would probably all be converted to Islam by now.

The scientific and industrial revolution were invented in Britain, this is why India even has a chance of being a modern state.

You people owe everything to the British.

Stop calling me British.

The Maratha empire was making gains and the Hindu identity is much older than Islam, it would never have been able to convert India. What little it did by the sword has been done. One of the greatest nations, Persia was destroyed and Islamified, India retained it's dharmic core and still does today.

The British are still in India, but I call them left wingers.

Times change, there have been times this island was a wasteland and the Indian subcontinent was the centre of the world. India has never been a non entity in this world and never will be.

I understand your point that the British Empire left behind many fantastic legacies behind in India, the one I treasure will be the Indian parliamentary democracy. But you'd be unfair to deny the rich history of India which goes back a long, long way and is still forging ahead, with the Chancellor's direct line of credit to India and visit to the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaang
India existed for thousands of years before your filth came and stole minerals, gold, diamonds which your slag in buckingham palace wears. You must pay for it all.

No, the british created India. Before British, India was just an area dominated by Muslims.

British saved you people. Gave you the modern world.
Reply 123
No, the british created India. Before British, India was just an area dominated by Muslims.

All you whites ever give is occupation, destruction and death. May your country's descendent be cursed so they are not capable of carrying out your neo colonial crusades. May they be damned
Original post by jaang
All you whites ever give is occupation, destruction and death. May your country's descendent be cursed so they are not capable of carrying out your neo colonial crusades. May they be damned

"All you whites"

Inequality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125

India always has been and still is majority Dharmic. It's been the case since recorded existence in the subcontinent.

India existed 200BC under Ashoka but was considerably larger and had reached similar sizes under many vast empires.

I think your problem is that your history doesn't go back very far so you don't even think about people existing in such advanced cities well before your history began.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
India always has been and still is majority Dharmic. It's been the case since recorded existence in the subcontinent.

India existed 200BC under Ashoka but was considerably larger and had reached similar sizes under many vast empires.

I think your problem is that your history doesn't go back very far so you don't even think about people existing in such advanced cities well before your history began.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm just having a silly argument with this other guy. His racism annoyed me so I'm just saying things that I don't necessarily agree with.

Far as I am concerned the Indo-European people share the same heritage.
Reply 127
Original post by Jack1472
"All you whites"

Inequality

Posted from TSR Mobile

if the white man occupies then that fact must be stated
Reply 128
Hey, I'm just having a silly argument with this other guy. His racism annoyed me so I'm just saying things that I don't necessarily agree with.

Far as I am concerned the Indo-European people share the same heritage.

Yes, he's an odd one. I wouldn't entertain him.

I dont know. I feel so much earlier information about origins of Indians has been motivated by racism in the 19th and 18th century, I don't know what to believe now.

What I do know is I don't subscribe to the Aryan Invasion Theory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
How can you blame an entire group of people based on actions that their forefathers did?

Nobody here had any role in British Colonisation of anywhere. We were simply born in the UK, you can't blame someone for simply being born in a certain country or into a certain religion. It is completely illogical.
Reply 130
The only problem I'm have with immigrants are the ones who refuse to speak english. On the other hand, a lot of British people move to other countries in Europe and expect EVERYONE to communicate with them in English -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
I have a problem with immigration rather than immigrants. my problem economical, jobs, housing that type of thing.

something I do find annoying is when immigrants who can't speak english are hired for a job that requires communication with the public.

I think restrictions should be placed on Pakistani Immigration due to the lack of them integrating into society, expanding population, marrying women from Pakistan to bring them here and never work but still sign on. Issues with terrorism and sexual crime.
Original post by Ggmu!
Yes, he's an odd one. I wouldn't entertain him.

I dont know. I feel so much earlier information about origins of Indians has been motivated by racism in the 19th and 18th century, I don't know what to believe now.

What I do know is I don't subscribe to the Aryan Invasion Theory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking more in terms of the languages and how they are closely related. The languages of Europe, the India Subcontinent and Iranian plateau, which is huge region, all have languages which originated from a single language some 6000 years ago.

The term 'Aryan invasion theory' is loaded with negative undertones.

I think it was probably just a tribe of people migrating to different regions over centuries. These people may or may not have been white originally, we just don't know.
Original post by FcukTolerance
Whites rights do not matter that's for sure. Just like hate crimes, where most crimes against whites never get recognized as being racially motivated while any time a white person attacks a coloured person it's investigated as being a hate crime.Double standards that have been imposed on us for decades but only gets worse.Whites want their own country, just as your privileged coloured asses have your own countries.I believe our countries are under occupation by a people who's interests are not ours. I'll give you a hint they call themselves gods chosen people. Political correctness, the race card has stopped us from imposing ethnic and cultural genocide.If you support multiculturalism you should be arrested and deported for supporting genocide.

Any proof of the bile that is spewing from your mouth?
Yeah and I am a British indian wherever you like it or not. Fact. And it still dosent change my point about most indian women who come over from India, they don't contribute to the economy as their husbands forbade them to work, and try relentlessly to get the rest of their benefit scrounging family over aswell
Original post by jaang
India existed for thousands of years before your filth came and stole minerals, gold, diamonds which your slag in buckingham palace wears. You must pay for it all.

See this is what I hate about SOME immigrants they spew this filth against people, who are minding their own business in their OWN land, and consider themselves more indian than English. Go back to your hell hole of a country instead and work there, britain must be better or else you and your family wouldn't have come in the first place. Your views are totally alien to me and the majority of white English people, your probably from some Asian ghetto where they discourage integration
Reply 136
Original post by neal95
See this is what I hate about SOME immigrants they spew this filth against people, who are minding their own business in their OWN land, and consider themselves more indian than English. Go back to your hell hole of a country instead and work there, britain must be better or else you and your family wouldn't have come in the first place. Your views are totally alien to me and the majority of white English people, your probably from some Asian ghetto where they discourage integration

you screwed india over, the favour is being returned
I am Portuguese and came to England to work and study as well, and I feel so grateful, in Portugal there are immigrants as well, and I see some people hating it, usually people close minded that don't accept people dwho dont think, act, etc, like them, there are people like this everywhere, luckily I don't find anything like that here in England, everyone has been nice to me, I am having more opportunities here than in my home country. A little advice to other immigrants: be open minded, don't judge, you are being welcome in a country that is not yours, try your best to settle in and like this as much as you would like other immigrants to be in your own country :wink:
Original post by jaang
you screwed india over, the favour is being returned

We didn't do anything.
I will not be held accountable for something some other people did in the past, simply because I was born into the same country. I did nothing, and in fact very much involve myself in promoting fair trade and better lives for people in places like India.
Blaming people who weren't even alive then is ridiculous and illogical. This is the whole reason that so many wars happen, attitudes like this.

Original post by veralucia91
I am Portuguese and came to England to work and study as well, and I feel so grateful, in Portugal there are immigrants as well, and I see some people hating it, usually people close minded that don't accept people dwho dont think, act, etc, like them, there are people like this everywhere, luckily I don't find anything like that here in England, everyone has been nice to me, I am having more opportunities here than in my home country. A little advice to other immigrants: be open minded, don't judge, you are being welcome in a country that is not yours, try your best to settle in and like this as much as you would like other immigrants to be in your own country :wink:

Very well said :smile:
Most of us are happy and welcome immigrants here. We are one of the most tolerant countries when it comes to this!
Reply 139
I was thinking more in terms of the languages and how they are closely related. The languages of Europe, the India Subcontinent and Iranian plateau, which is huge region, all have languages which originated from a single language some 6000 years ago.

The term 'Aryan invasion theory' is loaded with negative undertones.

I think it was probably just a tribe of people migrating to different regions over centuries. These people may or may not have been white originally, we just don't know.

Yes, exactly as you say, there is definitely a linguistic root we all share. Being a biased Indian I'll say it was Sanskrit :biggrin:

Yes, probably something like that, that's what I've always thought too, slow migration and mixing in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending