The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numan786
Who's 24/25, was touted to be one of the worlds best and IMO needs to be round a good environment with a great manager who can help him. Tbh for 10m or less I'd take a punt as he has what is needed to make a wc striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesnt matter, so many Brazilians go pat the point of no return before 30. Many might have taken a similar punt on Adriano but there's no point.
I think wenger is more of an opportunist and I can see us going for benzema next summer or even this summer as Madrid will probably sign a big money player as barca have just signed one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it happens but it's highly unlikely. I don't think there are any other strikers available who R Madrid will take a punt at. Falcao maybe but I don't see him leaving Monaco this summer, so we're stuck with Remy.

If Falcao did sign for R Madrid say a day before transfer deadline, I guarantee that Wenger would do anything to get Benzema hours later.
Would u take pato?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know tbh he's still quite young but his injury record and on top very inconsistent hasn't been good for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Doesnt matter, so many Brazilians go pat the point of no return before 30. Many might have taken a similar punt on Adriano but there's no point.

Yh I know that's true but looking at what's there I would but that's probably just me. Tbh I'd like it if he did return to Europe so we can see how he's progressed first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by firmfrank
I hope it happens but it's highly unlikely. I don't think there are any other strikers available who R Madrid will take a punt at. Falcao maybe but I don't see him leaving Monaco this summer, so we're stuck with Remy.

If Falcao did sign for R Madrid say a day before transfer deadline, I guarantee that Wenger would do anything to get Benzema hours later.

Yeah but it's a question of who RM will buy. I can see them buying Rodriguez tho..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
I don't know tbh he's still quite young but his injury record and on top very inconsistent hasn't been good for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but hopefully now with our new fitness coach and with wenger guiding him I reckon he could really thrive here that is if we were in for him which I doubt we would ever be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, my immaturity lol.
Reply 9887
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Would love Mandzukic then, people have different opinions of him though but he would deffo replace Giroud, anyone who watches Bayern would know this. Apparently he's close to joining Atletico though and for the fee being mentioned I'm furious that we aren't hijacking it but the summers not over yet so i'm not panicking in any case. I will be one of the first to criticise our transfer dealings if this summer fails too tbh. Nah if you take in to account his ban and everything 40mil was a very fair price, there was no hint that he would have this kind of season, maybe the level of Van Persies but not this kind of season imo.

But they lose or draw small matches which we hardly do and tbf we were ok with big matches at home. Well the title was in reach this season without Alexis so I can understand the slight delusion but if they were asked whether they wanted to replace Giroud/Arteta they would unequivocally say yes. Giroud is only poor in the big games anyway, other than that he is better than anyone Chelsea had up front. Its like when Utd fans have Rooney in their starting 11 despite complaining about him all season, obviously for a different reason though. Its true that the board and Wenger have been about the bargain bucket signings lately which does make fans think we are lower than what we should be I agree (I dont think I would go as far as saying brainwashed though) but you can see that changing now, we are finally prepared to offer large sums of money for players, and make marquee signings.

Mandzukic is miles better than Giroud, more clinical and better in the air and anyone who says otherwise is stupid lol. I agree that Suarez wasn't worth 50m last season, however I feel you had to bite the bullet and just overpay tbh. I think we all agree that was a mistake though so let's leave it at that.

The small matches drawing was overhyped tbh, they only slipped up towards the end of the season when man like Hazard were tired. Also swear you didn't best any top team at home and lost to everyone away which is basically worse than relegation teams tbh it's that embarrassing. Also I disagree the title was in reach- everybody predicted the march/April decline and you had to be 1st at the time you were to make top 4- so you basically did enough to get top 4 rather than challenge. Alexis on his own won't change that. Rooney is a **** who never stays up front that's our problem with him! I agree with you though, there are signs of Arsenal breaking free of those shackles, and in any case I would like to see Wenger win a title before retiring to cement his legendary status. The problem I have is with some fans who complain all season about a problem but then develop a prion-related disorder in the off-season, becoming completely deluded again and ignoring the main problem before repeating the mistake again the following season as a result. I call it the small-minded syndrome of a club who's fanbase are seemingly used to expecting mediocrity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but it's a question of who RM will buy. I can see them buying Rodriguez tho..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they have to buy a striker if Benzema is to leave. Rodriguez is an attacking midfielder, similar to Isco but does occasionally operate as a forward or a false nine. I don't think R Madrid will go for him though but who knows. Benzema won't leave if they signed him though. So I reckon they'd be looking for a striker, preferably Falcao.
Wenger not buying Cesc so that Barca can get a higher price and get the money to buy Suarez so that they can sell Sanchez to us. Genius. Troll. Enigma. Wenger.

Ideally we'd sell Cazorla tbh, dont see how he fits into the team atm with Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey/Walcott/AOC/Wilshere/Rosicky all able to play as the 3 AMs

Gnabry will have to out on loan to, definitely good enough for the likes of Southampton on loan.
Reply 9891
Original post by Zürich
Ideally we'd sell Cazorla tbh, dont see how he fits into the team atm with Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey/Walcott/AOC/Wilshere/Rosicky all able to play as the 3 AMs

Gnabry will have to out on loan to, definitely good enough for the likes of Southampton on loan.

Sanchez/Ramsey/Walcott will never play as AM though. May as well keep him and tell Rosicky to **** off. An Arsenal 'legend' who spent more time on the injury table milking the club for thousands than on the pitch winning games :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9892
Original post by Zürich

I'd say keep him. Good impact sub to have, can be important when struggling-BVB comes to mind- and injury cover. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in midfield. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

Sign a striker, a RB, keep Verm and the GK and all set to challenge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
Sanchez/Ramsey/Walcott will never play as AM though. May as well keep him and tell Rosicky to **** off. An Arsenal 'legend' who spent more time on the injury table milking the club for thousands than on the pitch winning games :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ideally we should keep all of them for depth and rotation purposes. It'd e ****ing brilliant looking at the bench to see cazorla, podolski, wilshere, rosicky, ox etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
I'd say keep him. Good impact sub and can be important when struggling. BVB comes to mind especially. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in especially. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

We should be signing one youn cb someone like ginter would be awesome if caulker aint available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rosicky is a fantastic footballer in all honesty, I think he's better than Cazorla. Still plays with great stanima and performs in big games unlike Cazorla. Rosicky is the kind of midfielder who plays well with anyone as well, Santi doesnt like playing with Ozil for instance.

And 2011/12 Rosicky was 100% the difference between CL footie and not, and who knows where we'd be without that now?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
I'd say keep him. Good impact sub to have, can be important when struggling-BVB comes to mind- and injury cover. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in midfield. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

Lots of talk about Remy for £10m again tonight. I like that idea all things considered. Different to Giroud, good finisher and happy to be a squad player

Mandzukic going to AM for £17m pisses me off though, should be all over that...
Original post by Zürich
Lots of talk about Remy for £10m again tonight. I like that idea all things considered. Different to Giroud, good finisher and happy to be a squad player

Don't know why but I'm not really convinced by him. Maybe if he does well at Atlético I'll start taking him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

Happy to be a squad player? What does that say about Remy's character? Chamakh 2.0 waiting to happen. Bare in mind he snubbed Newcastle for QPR obviously for the ££££

We're better off giving Campbell a go tbh. We owe it to him in fairness. The boy has confidence and hunger that comes with youth, it's so blatant when he plays.
Original post by Kruz
Don't know why but I'm not really convinced by him. Maybe if he does well at Atlético I'll start taking him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of those strikers who does a lot of subtle and underrated things really. I like him lots and think Atl have got at least as good a player as Costa for half the money

Original post by sevchenko
Happy to be a squad player? What does that say about Remy's character? Chamakh 2.0 waiting to happen. Bare in mind he snubbed Newcastle for QPR obviously for the ££££

We're better off giving Campbell a go tbh. We owe it to him in fairness. The boy has confidence and hunger that comes with youth, it's so blatant when he plays.

It's one of those things. Yaya Toure is a complete mercenary but still performs
And there are such things as professional squad players too of course.

But yeah, dont think there's much between Joel and Remy and he has the potential to be great so happy to have him on the bench instead
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest