The Student Room Group

Brazil vs Germany semi-final

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numan786
I'm actually picking Argentina to beat Netherlands but I do think they will lose :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's good for us.

we will celebrate dw!
Argentina :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wartortle
I like C.ronaldo because he scores a penalty as the last goal in a 4-0 game, celebrates as if he won the game himself, but in reality he had little impact in the whole game. Champions league final.

Klose leaves it for the big stage. Ronaldo puts goals past weak Spanish teams.

What a cliched rubbish argument that is in actual fact wrong. Ronaldo didn't have a great CL final but has scored in plenty of big games. He was the first player to score in six consecutive Clasicos which basically makes this type of argument ridiculous. Who do you think has scored more goals against top European club sides because I'd be willing to bet a large amount that it's Ronaldo? Why does Klose have a mediocre club record? The argument that he 'leaves it for the big stage' is silly. His club record is indicative of his talent - if he could have done better he would have as it would have led to a much better legacy and much more money. Also what is this big game rubbish? Germany is virtually always one of the best teams at the world cup and beats mostly mediocre and a few good teams. Klose can't have an impact outside of the penalty area. The CL provides tougher competition and Ronaldo's goalscoring record in it is ridiculous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stefl14
What a cliched rubbish argument that is in actual fact wrong. Ronaldo didn't have a great CL final but has scored in plenty of big games. He was the first player to score in six consecutive Clasicos which basically makes this type of argument ridiculous. Who do you think has scored more goals against top European club sides because I'd be willing to bet a large amount that it's Ronaldo? Why does Klose have a mediocre club record? The argument that he 'leaves it for the big stage' is silly. His club record is indicative of his talent - if he could have done better he would have as it would have led to a much better legacy and much more money. Also what is this big game rubbish? Germany is virtually always one of the best teams at the world cup and beats mostly mediocre and a few good teams. Klose can't have an impact outside of the penalty area. The CL provides tougher competition and Ronaldo's goalscoring record in it is ridiculous.

How many clasicos has ronaldo won?
Messi has out performed him here on this big stage, 21 goals 12 assist. Ronaldo being the big game player he is only has 12 goals and 2 assists in these games. He must be saving himself for the bigger stage.
Yeah he scored hat trick against Galatrasry, who are quite frankly rubbish, most of his goals came in the group stage, which Real £1 billion sound win easily.
Shameful display by brazil
From "seven wonders" to 7-1ders... made my day
Reply 845
Original post by Endless Blue
What did everyone think of Dante?

I thought he was abysmal with Luiz and Marcelo tbh. I knew the other two had terrible positional play but I thought more highly of Dante.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubbish. Looking better than Luiz and Marcelo in that game is still rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many clasicos has ronaldo won?
Messi has out performed him here on this big stage, 21 goals 12 assist. Ronaldo being the big game player he is only has 12 goals and 2 assists in these games. He must be saving himself for the bigger stage.
Yeah he scored hat trick against Galatrasry, who are quite frankly rubbish, most of his goals came in the group stage, which Real £1 billion sound win easily.

Messi is better than Ronaldo, as I've already made clear. That is irrelevant. If you're seriously trying to tell me that Klose is better than Ronaldo you can get lost.
Original post by Black Cat
Shameful display by brazil

shamefur dispray*
Original post by stefl14
Messi is better than Ronaldo, as I've already made clear. That is irrelevant. If you're seriously trying to tell me that Klose is better than Ronaldo you can get lost.

I am just saying Klose is a better player on the big stage. I think Ronaldo is the only player in the world who can manage to get one lucky goal against North Korea in a 7-0 win. Great player.
Anyway Klose is going to be overtaken by Thomas Muller by the end of the next world cup anyway at this rate.
I am just saying Klose is a better player on the big stage. I think Ronaldo is the only player in the world who can manage to get one lucky goal against North Korea in a 7-0 win. Great player.

Bringing up one game. Great analysis. Ronaldo has without a shadow of a doubt scored in more big games against more big teams than Klose, just not at international level. It's worth noting that Klose plays for a much greater team in this matter. I guarantee CR7 will go down as a greater player than Klose in the eyes of virtually all pundits. I guarantee it.
My god, what a match :tongue:
Original post by jam278
Anyway Klose is going to be overtaken by Thomas Muller by the end of the next world cup anyway at this rate.

Yeah and again Muller<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<fat Ronaldo
Original post by stefl14
Bringing up one game. Great analysis. Ronaldo has without a shadow of a doubt scored in more big games against more big teams than Klose, just not at international level. It's worth noting that Klose plays for a much greater team in this matter. I guarantee CR7 will go down as a greater player than Klose in the eyes of virtually all pundits. I guarantee it.

Yes because he is good at scoring in the Spanish league where there are only two teams competing for the league. Oh wait this year there was three teams. Talking about big games. Thomas muller is on the same amount of champions league final goals.
Yes because he is good at scoring in the Spanish league where there are only two teams competing for the league. Oh wait this year there was three teams. Talking about big games. Thomas muller is on the same amount of champions league final goals.

Ronaldo was also good in the premier league and the champions league. Thomas Muller is on the same amount of CL final goals so what? Why can none of these players score as much as Ronaldo and Messi in the leagues if they are so great. Idiots like you always use the small team argument but it is a fact that these small teams often get draws or wins and the goals of top players in these games can make a difference. As I say, Ronaldo will undoubtedly go down as greater than all of these players regardless of what you think.

Also, why can't Klose and Muller score as much as Ronaldo in a league with only 1 team that has a chance (both have played for said team and Muller still does and Bundesliga is truly a 1 horse race atm)? Even if Muller played as a forward all the time he would get 20 goals at most in this 1 horse race league.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stefl14
Ronaldo was also good in the premier league and the champions league. Thomas Muller is on the same amount of CL final goals so what? Why can none of these players score as much as Ronaldo and Messi in the leagues if they are so great. Idiots like you always use the small team argument but it is a fact that these small teams often get draws or wins and the goals of top players in these games can make a difference. As I say, Ronaldo will undoubtedly go down as greater than all of these players regardless of what you think.

Also, why can't Klose and Muller score as much as Ronaldo in a league with only 1 team that has a chance (both have played for said team and Muller still does and Bundesliga is truly a 1 horse race atm)? Even if Muller played as a forward all the time he would get 20 goals at most in this 1 horse race league.

Muller is a team player, even today he passed the ball every time, even if he had a clear shot on goal. Ronaldo will shoot on sight.

I am sure Some Algerian players have more world cup goals than ronaldo.

Bayern are a passing team, They would much rather have 70% possession, and a 1-0 win rather than a 5-0 win with only 50% possession.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stefl14

If Ronaldo was so good he should easily beat these small teams. Ronaldo just gets goals when the team are already winning and cruising.
Original post by stefl14

Ronaldo will never go down as a world cup great.
Only on TSR can people turn a Brazil vs Germany thread into a Messi v Ronaldo debate:facepalm2:
Muller is a team player, even today he passed the ball every time, even if he had a clear shot on goal. Ronaldo will shoot on sight.

I am sure Some Algerian players have more world cup goals than ronaldo.

Bayern are a passing team, They would much rather have 70% possession, and a 1-0 win rather than a 5-0 win with only 50% possession.

I didn't know world cup goals were the only determinant of greatness. When Messi scored no goals last world cup (ignore this world cup) did you think he was worse than Muller? Do you think he is now because he has less goals? Bayern are a posession team since Guardiola but before they knocked in 4 goals regularly (and in fact they still get big score wins quite often). Barcelona were more of a posession team than Bayern under Guardiola and they won by ridiculous scorelines all the time. Your arguments just aren't working. For club fixtures this season:

Ronaldo:
50 games, 53 goals, 12 assists.
Muller
39 games, 23 goals, 14 assists.

The funny thing is that team player Muller managed 2 more assists. 12 assists is brilliant for such a selfish player.

Quick Reply

Latest