The Student Room Group

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yeah they are going contactless payment or you have to use your oyster card.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats contactless payment?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Why?

because its worthless now.

they're just waiting to implement a new system out of the blue to the dismay of everyone.
Why?

it's now pointless
Whats contactless payment?

I think it is using your bank card to touch in the bus. I am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehforum
because its worthless now.

they're just waiting to implement a new system out of the blue to the dismay of everyone.

But tsr is no fun without the rep system :/

They should bring neg rep back (although I had like 6 reds :teehee: ). Ah the good ol' days..
But tsr is no fun without the rep system :/

They should bring neg rep back (although I had like 6 reds :teehee: ). Ah the good ol' days..

I was the most vocal supporter for bringing back neg rep.

It all fell on deaf ears.

surprise surprise
Original post by tehforum
I was the most vocal supporter for bringing back neg rep.

It all fell on deaf ears.

surprise surprise

I bet you always used to neg me. A few months ago you said I was annoying :cry2:
Missed me :wink:

Never thought i'd see the day you'd have 5 green gems..

From zero to -800 to whatever it is right now

Not an everyday feat to marvel upon :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my iPod in my pocket as I was listening to music, also had a £20 note in my pocket (God knows why I put it in my pocket!) - as I pulled out my iPod to change the playlist and the £20 must've fell on the floor. I walked for a few minutes and there was a tap on my shoulder. This saint of a man had picked it up and ran after me, which I thought was really lovely of him. I was surprised he didn't take it. Never forgotten that.

There's also been a few bus drivers that have let me on even though I had no money on my Oyster :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
I bet you always used to neg me. A few months ago you said I was annoying :cry2:

Actually no.

I'd only ever neg if someone was really stupid.
Original post by RedArrow
From zero to -800 to whatever it is right now

Not an everyday feat to marvel upon :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had like 6/7 reds. Me and my rubies were very popular :frown:
Made me a seafood platter for lunch. I later found out it was a new staff member.
Reply 72
Original post by letsbehonest
People making the bus driver wait for me whilst I run for the bus :smile:

Teacher gave me a lift home when she saw me walking down a road alone and it was quite late..

I was tired, slow mind, in a daze. went to the cash point got out £40. took my card and walked away. a man comes up and taps me on my shoulder and asks me if i just took out some money. i say yes. he asks how much. i say £40. he hands me the £40. he wasnt even at the cash point himself but he just noticed as he walked past.

awesome guy.
:smile:

Nothing, I can't remember a single time a stranger has done something nice for me.

I once took the wrong bus and fell asleep on it and ended up 2/3 miles away from home. I asked the bus driver if he could take me back and he refused as I had no money on me. I told him I would pay double once I get home and can get some money he still refused. It took me an hour to make my way home in the pissing rain at 7:30pm in the winter.

One of the reasons I've stopped helping strangers.

I use to think if I did something nice for someone, it would always be reciprocated in some form or another, man I was naive.
She came up to me, whispered into my ear 'honey, your fly is undone'
Reply 75
Once the man at the ice cream parlour near college offered a free milkshake since it was the last day of the year:biggrin:D
Reply 76
I was walking my dog and it was hot out so I bought him and myself an icecream from the icecream can at the park. Not realising the second one I bought was for my dog, he gave me a 3rd and told me it was for my dog!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was 10 minutes late for my sixth form interview and I was really scared because this sixth form is supposed to be really strict and hard to get into, so I was just thinking "Great! I've probably already lost my place!"
As I was going into the school, I saw my friend coming out (she'd just had her interview) and she told me that she had heard one of the interviewers call my name out several times. I rushed into the school out of breath, and when I went into the library, where everyone was being interviewed (you could literally see and hear everyone being interviewed which did nothing to help calm my nerves), there was a short queue of two girls with their mothers. At the front of the queue, there was a man by himself leaning against the desk. He was dressed quite smart and seemed like a teacher because of his casual stance. I decided to go up to him and asked him politely if he was a teacher. He replied, "No, but what's the problem?" I was a bit surprised that he wasn't a teacher but still inquired, but I told him that I was late for my interview anyway (I think I might've come across as a bit frazzled to be honest lol). He very calmly asked what time it was supposed to be at, and I told him. He got up wordlessly and went to a separated section of the library and spoke to the interviewer that was there. He then came back and told me that the interviewer was waiting for me and because I was so nervous, I forgot to thank him! I assumed he worked for the school in some way because of how smoothly he handled the situation. However, when I went up to the interviewer, she asked me if I knew the man or if he was just a well-wisher, which was when I realised he must have been someone's parent! He had just literally helped the competition! I was so surprised by this father's kindness - it made my day!

The interview only lasted about 10 minutes (I think the school had already made their mind up about me and just wanted to make sure that I wasn't an idiot), but I didn't see the man as I was going out so I couldn't thank him. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Given me 20p in McDonald's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
you sure that wasn't just rolf harris putting on an accent hmmmm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well when you put it like that.... who knows?

Quick Reply

Latest