The Student Room Group

Do Japanese/ Korean girls like Indian/ Pakistan/ Bangladesh guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slk5ever

Cute couple
Original post by Meena94
Wait i'll pm you a pic of them and their daughter.

They look very nice,god bless them!
Reply 62
Original post by Thedesias
They look very nice,god bless them!

Gives me hope :biggrin:

Are there any japanese or koreans on tsr, I have yet to hear it from your mouths!!! :colondollar:
Reply 63
know they dont japanese and koreans fall guilty to the caste system.

the lower class you are. the more time you spend outside working the fields hard labour. therefore you catch the sun more and get a tan.

the richer or more powerful you are the more time you spend indoors and become paler.

they therefore associate darker skin with lower family background money education and breeding.
therefore you are undesirable. so unless you are pale then no it will be rare that they do.
Original post by fojodef

the lower class you are. the more time you spend outside working the fields hard labour. therefore you catch the sun more and get a tan.

the richer or more powerful you are the more time you spend indoors and become paler.

they therefore associate darker skin with lower family background money education and breeding.
therefore you are undesirable. so unless you are pale then no it will be rare that they do.

Don't know about Korea, but thats definately not true in Japan
Reply 65
Original post by ChickenMadness
Don't know about Korea, but thats definately not true in Japan

how so?
Original post by fojodef
how so?

Well a lot of the older generation are kind of racist and don't want their kids dating foreigners. But the younger generation are very open minded and don't care about stuff like that. I don't really know where you got the caste thing from though tbh. I don't think thats ever been a thing in the countries in that area since medieval times lol (like in Europe). Japanese culture has always been more, proud, looking down on the other countries and races around them when it comes to marriage. It was like that in China as well. (older generations though).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 67
Well a lot of the older generation are kind of racist and don't want their kids dating foreigners. But the younger generation are very open minded and don't care about stuff like that. I don't really know where you got the caste thing from though tbh. I don't think thats ever been a thing in the countries in that area since medieval times lol (like in Europe). Japanese culture has always been more, proud, looking down on the other countries and races around them when it comes to marriage. It was like that in China as well. (older generations though).

no japans still pretty messed up towards burakumin and ainu. plus they are pretty discriminatory against koreans. much of the yakuza recruit burakumin because of their restricted opportunities and even koreans too. i saw a japanese film in modern japan based on romeo and juliet between a japanese girl and a korean misfit boy.

1 black female friend of mine hated living in tokyo became depressed and anaemic and had to come back home because of the alienation.
another mixed race (black/white) friend had a similar experience.

if you think the class system is gone in the uk then i can understand why you think the caste system is gone in japan.
just the japanese are very subtle about it.

maybe young hip types from roppongi are cool but the rest of country is still lingering with traditions.
Original post by fojodef
no japans still pretty messed up towards burakumin and ainu. plus they are pretty discriminatory against koreans. much of the yakuza recruit burakumin because of their restricted opportunities and even koreans too. i saw a japanese film in modern japan based on romeo and juliet between a japanese girl and a korean misfit boy.

1 black female friend of mine hated living in tokyo became depressed and anaemic and had to come back home because of the alienation.

if you think the class system is gone in the uk then i can understand why you think the caste system is gone in japan.

maybe young hip types from roppongi are cool but the rest of country is still lingering with traditions.

How old are your friends? I have some relatives (Chinese/Filipino) that have gone to work in Japan and they had a great time tbh. It's certain areas of the country that are good and bad probably.
Reply 69
How old are your friends? I have some relatives (Chinese/Filipino) that have gone to work in Japan and they had a great time tbh. It's certain areas of the country that are good and bad probably.

early 20s late 30s

what part of the country are they in and what are they working as?
Original post by fojodef
early 20s late 30s

what part of the country are they in and what are they working as?

Can't remember tbh it was a while ago but they were working in the big cities (I think maybe it was something to do with banks. A lot of my relatives there work in that part of the world work in banks). I saw on their facebook photos they had loads of Japanese friends and went out a lot lol. One of them is an openly gay male as well btw and they both look nowhere near Japanese (just adding).

Thats the same age my 2 cousins were when they were working there as well btw. between 20-30
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 71
Can't remember tbh it was a while ago but they were working in the big cities (I think maybe it was something to do with banks. A lot of my relatives there work in that part of the world work in banks). I saw on their facebook photos they had loads of Japanese friends and went out a lot lol. One of them is an openly gay male as well btw and they both look nowhere near Japanese (just adding).

Thats the same age my 2 cousins were when they were working there as well btw. between 20-30

it depends on what brought them over there. like if it was a chinese contractor putting them in japan. and if it was japanese in charge of career progression.

its a bit like how america has issues with black people but you can still have black people go there and have a good time.

but go to a prison and see all the black faces. go to the poor areas see how their black. go to the big cities and see whos got the jobs as cleaners and trash collectors and one not. you'll start to notice a pattern. and considering blacks in america make 10% of the population its pretty bad.
Original post by fojodef
it depends on what brought them over there. like if it was a chinese contractor putting them in japan. and if it was japanese in charge of career progression.

its a bit like how america has issues with black people but you can still have black people go there and have a good time.

but go to a prison and see all the black faces. go to the poor areas see how their black. go to the big cities and see whos got the jobs as cleaners and trash collectors and one not. you'll start to notice a pattern. and considering blacks in america make 10% of the population its pretty bad.

ye probably I have limited knowledge of what it's like to live in Japan a part from my relatives working/going on trips there. But I know a lot about China and Philippines.
Original post by kumon
Where did you get this information? My local restaurant owners seem a friendly old couple :smile:

They're friendly enough in casual conversation (particularly if they live in the west) and if they make money off of you. But just ask if you may marry their daughter/son, especially if you're not Caucasian...
Reply 74
Original post by fojodef

I'm a light skinned asian and I work hard. :lol:

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
They're friendly enough in casual conversation (particularly if they live in the west) and if they make money off of you. But just ask if you may marry their daughter/son, especially if you're not Caucasian...

Isn't this a huge generalisation, what if their daughters are at university? :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by kumon
I'm a light skinned asian and I work hard. :lol:

you understand the difference between blue collar and white collar work
Original post by Slk5ever

The girl is way to hot for him...:mad:

Please someone emails me a copy too. Now all this made me even more curious.
Original post by fojodef

Well technically isn't this good for them? although I am a foreigner and that makes it hard for me to be there if they still value the country and their cultures is enough for me to not bother them by living there. All I want is Japan to be doing well.
Reply 78
Original post by Maxi93ITA
Well technically isn't this good for them? although I am a foreigner and that makes it hard for me to be there if they still value the country and their cultures is enough for me to not bother them by living there. All I want is Japan to be doing well.

yea im not judging them either way. theyre doing their thing. i was just answering the OP with what i know.
Reply 79
Speaking from being in an inter-racial relationship, if you like (and this probably speaks more for people in love) someone, you honestly forget that they are a different skin to you. It never comes up in normal conversation, it never gets thought about ever.

Whether Japanese girls tend to like men from the countries you've mentioned, who knows? Attraction is fickle, you cannot describe it. Its either there or it isn't. And generally, its mostly down to an individual rather than a select race of people. The only time when race may come into it, is when peer pressure from outside influence causes someone to think they may have to date/ marry someone from their own culture and consequently may actively seek people from their own race and culture.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending