The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9900
Original post by Zürich
Lots of talk about Remy for £10m again tonight. I like that idea all things considered. Different to Giroud, good finisher and happy to be a squad player

Mandzukic going to AM for £17m pisses me off though, should be all over that...

Yeah. No excuse can justify us not going for mandzukic in my book. Just like Cesc another one that could've been great and within our grasp that we willing let go for some reason.

Remy definitely underwhelms me. Not a fan of his in the slightest. But, the guy's been desperate since forever to come so hopefully he'll be eager and passionate to perform- so that's something there. I'm content to have him. Definitely rather that than go into with just Giroud as main striker.

We'll create enough chances for him to score around 15 goals. So if we can get him, giroud, sanchez, theo, rambo into double figures and hopefully 2 of them get over the 20 mark that should be 70-80 goals MINIMUM between those 5. With ozil, poldi, santi contributing around the 7+ mark- we should have enough goals overall within the squad. It's clear that we're been set up to spread the goals around and build upon quick one-twos around the 18 yard box- so that was perhaps why there was a lack of interest in Mandzukic- I'm probably wrong though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9901
Original post by Numan786
Ideally we should keep all of them for depth and rotation purposes. It'd e ****ing brilliant looking at the bench to see cazorla, podolski, wilshere, rosicky, ox etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt you can keep all those happy though.

Original post by Zürich
Rosicky is a fantastic footballer in all honesty, I think he's better than Cazorla. Still plays with great stanima and performs in big games unlike Cazorla. Rosicky is the kind of midfielder who plays well with anyone as well, Santi doesnt like playing with Ozil for instance.

And 2011/12 Rosicky was 100% the difference between CL footie and not, and who knows where we'd be without that now?

Tbh that comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. Yeah Rosicky is a player who puts in a good, but never (or rarely) an excellent performance. He's the type of player who excels when top quality players are around him. Sounds simple but. I rate Cazorla highly though, his use of both feet :coma:
Original post by FKLW
Doubt you can keep all those happy though.

Tbh that comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. Yeah Rosicky is a player who puts in a good, but never (or rarely) an excellent performance. He's the type of player who excels when top quality players are around him. Sounds simple but. I rate Cazorla highly though, his use of both feet :coma:

Players like Rosicky are line breakers though, while Cazorla shuffling on the wing sideways, Tommy makes those intelligent runs that make things happen. Like Iniesta and I think that's an underrated trait. I also appreciate the fact Rosicky will get stuck in and has some fight whereas too often I see Santi dejected and and out-fought in tough games.

No harm keeping him around anyway, he's a player Wilshere can learn from .
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
One of those strikers who does a lot of subtle and underrated things really. I like him lots and think Atl have got at least as good a player as Costa for half the money

It's one of those things. Yaya Toure is a complete mercenary but still performs
And there are such things as professional squad players too of course.

But yeah, dont think there's much between Joel and Remy and he has the potential to be great so happy to have him on the bench instead

Yaya Toure ain't a mercenary. His unhappiness was due to him not being able to talk to his brother before he died as City forced him to go to a trip, it was not about money.

I feel for the guy tbh. But regardless yes Toure will perform. Remember somebody telling me that City spent too much on Yaya toure(liverpool fan) and I was like he should have costed more. Now I'm sure he feels different.
Reply 9904
Original post by Zürich
Players like Rosicky are line breakers though, while Cazorla shuffling on the wing sideways, Tommy makes those intelligent runs that make things happen. Like Iniesta and I think that's an underrated trait. I also appreciate the fact Rosicky will get stuck in and has some fight whereas too often I see Santi dejected and and out-fought in tough games.

No harm keeping him around anyway, he's a player Wilshere can learn from .

Yeah he's Arsenal through and through always good to have that senior influence around the club. Tbh don't watch enough of Arsenal to comment fully so i'll take your word for it. He's a player that you can't hate though!
Guardian Football Weekly, literally 1 minute in:

James Richardson: ''Are you distraught?''
Barry Glendelling: ''I feel sorry for Brazil, I don't think any team deserves a hammering like that. Well maybe Arsenal...''
[laughter all round]

Just unbelievable. Mate...why always us?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Guardian Football Weekly, literally 1 minute in:

James Richardson: ''Are you distraught?''
Barry Glendelling: ''I feel sorry for Brazil, I don't think any team deserves a hammering like that. Well maybe Arsenal...''
[laughter all round]

Just unbelievable. Mate...why always us?

Huge northern bias tbh, they are seen as "proper" football clubs and glorified as old school working class clubs. This country has a large cognitive bias towards those from the disadvantaged backgrounds/victims in general.
Original post by jam278
Yaya Toure ain't a mercenary. His unhappiness was due to him not being able to talk to his brother before he died as City forced him to go to a trip, it was not about money.

I feel for the guy tbh. But regardless yes Toure will perform. Remember somebody telling me that City spent too much on Yaya toure(liverpool fan) and I was like he should have costed more. Now I'm sure he feels different.

He joined City when they didn't have CL football but did have money. I'm not sure but he probably had offers from a better team.
Original post by C.Almasy
Huge northern bias tbh, they are seen as "proper" football clubs and glorified as old school working class clubs. This country has a large cognitive bias towards those from the disadvantaged backgrounds/victims in general.

Think we probably are a bit too North London for their liking as well. A bit too intellectual, moralising and grand to feel sorry for. All bowls of Muesli and Arsene Wenger.

Chelsea with their 'proletarian' :rolleyes: fanbase, shameless lack of principles and Terry/Mourinho/Roman leadership never seem to attract any grief whatsoever though. Funny that.
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Not to mention the fact that anyone from their academy is yet to become a first-team regular (in the "Roman era" at least). McEachran got 10 games before getting loaned out, I don't see him coming back to the club
Original post by shawn_o1
^ Not to mention the fact that anyone from their academy is yet to become a first-team regular (in the "Roman era" at least). McEachran got 10 games before getting loaned out, I don't see him coming back to the club

Shame though because McEachran has a lot of talent. He should be in the Chelsea first team by now. But with the way things are over there I don't think he'll have a role in that first team anytime soon. A club like Southampton would be perfect for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol@the conspiracy theorists in here

There's no agenda we're just **** a lot of the time so it's justified get a hold of yourselves you sound ****ing ridiculous
i nominate our friendly neighbourhood butty to make the new thread btw
Original post by baconbutty
Lol@the conspiracy theorists in here

There's no agenda we're just **** a lot of the time so it's justified get a hold of yourselves you sound ****ing ridiculous

Original post by Zürich

i respect that a lot saying it how it is. ozil has been a ****ing flop
i respect that a lot saying it how it is. ozil has been a ****ing flop

Show me the articles on Carroll, Fellaini, Torres, Lamela?
Original post by Zürich
Show me the articles on Carroll, Fellaini, Torres, Lamela?

I've heard all of them criticised loads by pundits and on commentary
Ozil has been disappointing tbh. Not as bad as people make out but you expect the press to exaggerate things. I'm hoping Sanchez can take the weight of expectation off Ozils shoulders. He seems to be the type of character that thrives under that kind of pressure whereas Ozil seems like the shy guy who prefers life out of the spotlight. Next season is make or break time for Ozil, no more excuses about needing time to adapt.
Ozil had a good game yesterday though. Was instrumental in Germany's clinical counter attacking. He did miss a chance at the end but if anyone is still expecting him to be a prolific goalscorer they obviously don't know his game.
I've heard all of them criticised loads by pundits and on commentary

Don't think they are vilified by the media and have article after article talking about them 'stealing a living'

Please stop pretending you are an Arsenal fan, because you really aren't. The amount of effort you put in keeping up this front is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest