The Student Room Group

A Level Option Suggestions!!

Hi, I'm starting at an A Level College in September and haven't yet decided on my fourth A Level option.

I've already decided on taking English Lit, History, Government & Politics.
I was thinking about taking Drama & Theatre Studies, but I'm now having second thoughts.

I'm planning to apply to uni for a Law course, and I'm just wondering what would be a good subject combination with these? My strengths are humanities subjects, I'm not planning on taking Maths or Sciences.

Please help!
Reply 1
I think the subjects you've got there are really good, if you're having second thoughts about Drama then maybe consider something like sociology, I'm obviously not sure what a levels your school offers, because I would obviously recommend law, but I'm guessing that it's not available to you. I'm sure as long as you do those 3 subjects you mentioned for A2, I don't think it matters hugely what you do for AS if you think you're going to drop your 4th subject, do something that you enjoy and can do well in is my advice :smile:
Original post by serene19
Hi, I'm starting at an A Level College in September and haven't yet decided on my fourth A Level option.

I was thinking about taking Drama & Theatre Studies, but I'm now having second thoughts.

I'm planning to apply to uni for a Law course, and I'm just wondering what would be a good subject combination with these? My strengths are humanities subjects, I'm not planning on taking Maths or Sciences.

Please help!

This site is the beeeeee's kneeeeeeeeeeees.
Reply 3

Please help!

So far, your three chosen courses are superb and pretty good. I approve.
Would you consider taking religion?
Reply 4
Original post by Izzie1996
I think the subjects you've got there are really good, if you're having second thoughts about Drama then maybe consider something like sociology, I'm obviously not sure what a levels your school offers, because I would obviously recommend law, but I'm guessing that it's not available to you. I'm sure as long as you do those 3 subjects you mentioned for A2, I don't think it matters hugely what you do for AS if you think you're going to drop your 4th subject, do something that you enjoy and can do well in is my advice :smile:

Thanks so much! :smile:
Yeah, my college doesn't offer law :s-smilie: but I'm seriously considering Sociology, Psychology or Economics. I'm definitely taking my 3 current choices for A2, so will it matter if I haven't studied any of those 3 subjects at GCSE Level?

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by liomeeringca

This site is the beeeeee's kneeeeeeeeeeees.

Thank you so much!! :smile: Will check it out!
Reply 6
Original post by DebkoX
So far, your three chosen courses are superb and pretty good. I approve.
Would you consider taking religion?

Thank you very much! :smile:
Yes, I have an interest in religion so I wouldn't mind taking it! Do you know what the course is like?
Thank you so much!! :smile: Will check it out!

No problem!
Reply 8
Thank you very much! :smile:
Yes, I have an interest in religion so I wouldn't mind taking it! Do you know what the course is like?

Sadly not! I'm starting college in September.

I think it differs by College as to their specific syllabus.
Reply 9
Original post by DebkoX
Sadly not! I'm starting college in September.

I think it differs by College as to their specific syllabus.

Oh alright, thanks anyway!
Good luck for September :smile:
Reply 10
Oh alright, thanks anyway!
Good luck for September :smile:

Thanks. And you also.

Quick Reply

Latest