The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

A little help needed!^_^

Hey guys, i'll be an international student at the University of Exeter and i have a few questions i haven't figured out yet.It would be really great if you could help me.
Because i will be going home for the winter holidays i'm trying to buy a plane ticket now and i'm not exactly sure when,that's why i'm trying to find out when are the exams starting.

So,i would like to know when are the exams for the first semester usually starting?(those after the winter holiday).

And when it would be better for me to come back at the university?2 days before the exams,4 days?

Thank you in advance ^_^
Reply 1
Please check term dates for 2014/2015 academic year- they are available on Exeter website.
First term ends on 12 Dec and next term starts on 5 Jan.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by raluci
Hey guys, i'll be an international student at the University of Exeter and i have a few questions i haven't figured out yet.It would be really great if you could help me.
Because i will be going home for the winter holidays i'm trying to buy a plane ticket now and i'm not exactly sure when,that's why i'm trying to find out when are the exams starting.

So,i would like to know when are the exams for the first semester usually starting?(those after the winter holiday).

And when it would be better for me to come back at the university?2 days before the exams,4 days?

Thank you in advance ^_^

Just a word of warning, do not book tickets that would mean that you are away from Exeter during term time, even once you know when your exams are scheduled for.

Exams are always liable to changes of date and if an exam is changed and it now falls during the time that you are away from Exeter then you are left with two options, to pay to reschedule your flight (which given that exam changes tend to be at relatively short notice is expensive) or take a zero mark for an exam.
Reply 3
Original post by mackemforever
Just a word of warning, do not book tickets that would mean that you are away from Exeter during term time, even once you know when your exams are scheduled for.

Exams are always liable to changes of date and if an exam is changed and it now falls during the time that you are away from Exeter then you are left with two options, to pay to reschedule your flight (which given that exam changes tend to be at relatively short notice is expensive) or take a zero mark for an exam.

Ok,right,so are you saying that the exams could be rescheduled before January 5th?And if i book a ticket for,let's say, the 2nd of January i could have an exam the next day?
Original post by raluci
Ok,right,so are you saying that the exams could be rescheduled before January 5th?And if i book a ticket for,let's say, the 2nd of January i could have an exam the next day?

No. Term doesn't start until the 5th, so no exams will ever be put before that.

What I mean is for example if your exam timetable comes out and says that your first exam is on the 12th, you then booked a flight back to get here on the 10th, they could rearrange the exam to 9th which would leave you either having to fork out a load of money to change your flight or accepting a zero mark on that exam.
Reply 5
Original post by mackemforever
No. Term doesn't start until the 5th, so no exams will ever be put before that.

What I mean is for example if your exam timetable comes out and says that your first exam is on the 12th, you then booked a flight back to get here on the 10th, they could rearrange the exam to 9th which would leave you either having to fork out a load of money to change your flight or accepting a zero mark on that exam.

Ok,right,i understand now,thank you so much for you advice ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending