The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Percentage of MA applicants accepted?

Can someone tell me what the percentage of MA applicants are accepted? I believe I read somewhere that 15% of undergrads are accepted, and I was wondering if there was a figure for grad students. TIA.
Original post by balletomane1
Can someone tell me what the percentage of MA applicants are accepted? I believe I read somewhere that 15% of undergrads are accepted, and I was wondering if there was a figure for grad students. TIA.

Hi there,

To answer your question I need a bit more clarification on what you are looking for.

Which academic year are you interested in? Would you want to know the percentage of all of our Postgraduate Taught programmes or just Masters of Arts specifically?

Would you also like to know how what percentage of applicants are accepted or the percentage of applications who go firm with us?

Kind regards,

Emily
(edited 9 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi there,

As this is a very specific question, I have logged your request with our Information Requests team. To answer your question we need a bit more clarification on what you are looking for.

Which academic year are you interested in? Would you want to know the percentage of all of our Postgraduate Taught programmes or just Masters of Arts specifically, as this is less than a quarter of our Postgrad applications?

Would you also like to know how what percentage of applicants are accepted or the percentage of applications who go firm with us?

If it is easier, you are welcome to liaise directly with our Information Requests team. Please contact Hilary at [email protected] and let them know you spoke to me.

Kind regards,

Emily

My interest would be what percentage of applicants are accepted in the Postgraduate Taught history department. Thank you for your assistance, Emily.
My interest would be what percentage of applicants are accepted in the Postgraduate Taught history department. Thank you for your assistance, Emily.

I see, in that case I'm afraid I do not have the exact figures for this as application numbers to our Postgraduate Taught programmes vary year by year. Our History department is ranked 9th (out of 91 departments) in the UK, and is the no.1 department in London, for overall student satisfaction (96 per cent).

So, places on our History programme are very competitive. For 2014 entry, there are 80 places for Postgraduate Taught History, and so the percentage of accepted applicants is dependent on the number of available places against the number of quality applications we receive.

I hope that helps,

Emily
Reply 4
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
I see, in that case I'm afraid I do not have the exact figures for this as application numbers to our Postgraduate Taught programmes vary year by year. Our History department is ranked 9th (out of 91 departments) in the UK, and is the no.1 department in London, for overall student satisfaction (96 per cent).

So, places on our History programme are very competitive. For 2014 entry, there are 80 places for Postgraduate Taught History, and so the percentage of accepted applicants is dependent on the number of available places against the number of quality applications we receive.

I hope that helps,

Emily

Do you know much info on the Holocaust program? Percentage of accepted applicants accepted & how many places?
Do you know much info on the Holocaust program? Percentage of accepted applicants accepted & how many places?

The number of places for specific programmes of study vary on how many applications the department receives, so we do not have a specific percentage.

If you view the Postgraduate prospectus it provides a summary of our MA in Holocaust Studies. You can also visit our website for further information on the programme's structure, assessment and also contact details.

Best,

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending