The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Don't have math gcce but been taking functional skill l2 math

Hello to any student in Hertfordshire UNI doing Computer and Network Technology BSc

My query is about me studying the above mentioned course next year. I currently hold Level 1 FS in math but been trying all my best in doing the exam for FS level 2 Math. I also do own an A* for an A-level in Italian along with my FS English Level 2 + my D*D*D overall grade from an Extended Diploma in IT level 3 course from my college.

Can I study in the UNI and take my Level 2 math in case I don't pass this year the Math exam(hasn't been 2 weeks so no results yet)?
Original post by Maxi93ITA
Hello to any student in Hertfordshire UNI doing Computer and Network Technology BSc

My query is about me studying the above mentioned course next year. I currently hold Level 1 FS in math but been trying all my best in doing the exam for FS level 2 Math. I also do own an A* for an A-level in Italian along with my FS English Level 2 + my D*D*D overall grade from an Extended Diploma in IT level 3 course from my college.

Can I study in the UNI and take my Level 2 math in case I don't pass this year the Math exam(hasn't been 2 weeks so no results yet)?

Hi,

I advise you contacting our admissions team who will be able to provide you with specific information for your situation. They can be smiled at [email protected] or called via 01707 284800.

Thanks

Chris
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I'm in the exact same position as you; I don't have GCSE Maths but I do have Functional Skills Level 2. Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE and I've called admissions and they told me they do accept it.

I was applying to another university and they said they wanted a Level 3. I called Edexcel and they confirmed that there was no such thing; only Entry 1, Entry 2, Level 1 and Level 2 (The highest).
Reply 3
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi,

I advise you contacting our admissions team who will be able to provide you with specific information for your situation. They can be smiled at [email protected] or called via 01707 284800.

Thanks

Chris

Hi there,

I did send them an email but the reply wasn't much of help. Now I am in a pinch. I am waiting for my Math L2. I even had the Student Finance done and granted along with my English L2 + L1 Math FS. I am so close to enter this UNI (which has been chosen as top choice). I am quite worried in case I don't pass my Math L2 this time will be a shock for me. I have been trying hard but I had a one year gap during college regarding math maybe that's why..all because we did not have a replacement teacher as the last one retired. So if someone from the admission team could look for my case/query would be really helpful.
Hi there,

I did send them an email but the reply wasn't much of help. Now I am in a pinch. I am waiting for my Math L2. I even had the Student Finance done and granted along with my English L2 + L1 Math FS. I am so close to enter this UNI (which has been chosen as top choice). I am quite worried in case I don't pass my Math L2 this time will be a shock for me. I have been trying hard but I had a one year gap during college regarding math maybe that's why..all because we did not have a replacement teacher as the last one retired. So if someone from the admission team could look for my case/query would be really helpful.

Hi,

As stated in the email, you would need to achieve the specified grade in order to be accepted onto the course as this is required.

Regards

Chris
Reply 5
Hi,

As stated in the email, you would need to achieve the specified grade in order to be accepted onto the course as this is required.

Regards

Chris

Ok, what happen if I cannot get it before September 23rd when my course starts? I heard some Uni let students do it in the current year while doing their degree? so that's not possible I presume.
Ok, what happen if I cannot get it before September 23rd when my course starts? I heard some Uni let students do it in the current year while doing their degree? so that's not possible I presume.

Hi,

As the course requires that grade, I think you would need to achieve it before you can start on the course. This is also reflected in the email from us you attached above.

Regards

Chris
Reply 7
Hi,

As the course requires that grade, I think you would need to achieve it before you can start on the course. This is also reflected in the email from us you attached above.

Regards

Chris

Well okay. I asked in case I am unable to achieve my FS Math what options I had. I really was looking forward to study into your UNI. I did explain my circumstances in the upper part of my email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending