The Student Room Group

Pantene messed up my hair

I was shampooing every day until I learnt that I was stripping my hair of the natural oils the sebum secretes..

I have eased of that now and have now started using conditioner.. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong one.

One that has my hair dry, thin, itchy and very difficult to manage...

I am worried that I have done some damage to my hair.

Has anyone experience the same issues?
Reply 1
Hi

Thanks for the advice..

Do you think it will cause an permanent damage?
(edited 3 years ago)
Try L'oreal...because you're worth it!
Reply 3
Thanks

Original post by coldhell
Try L'oreal...because you're worth it!

Have you had a bad experience with Pantene?
(edited 3 years ago)
My hairdresser years ago told me to stay away from Pantene and Tresemme (sp?) cos they're practically just soap and ruin your hair. It may have changed since, but I have always refused to wash my hair with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by lascelles
My hairdresser years ago told me to stay away from Pantene and Tresemme (sp?) cos they're practically just soap and ruin your hair. It may have changed since, but I have always refused to wash my hair with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am worried that it has caused permanent damage/
Original post by Kasa
I am worried that it has caused permanent damage/

Your hair grows. Therefore it cant cause permanent damage.
Swarshkoph or however you spell it is supposed to balance the ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Look at the ingredients in your shampoo. Shampoos with lauryl sulphates and sulfosuccinates are the harshest and should only be used every 2-3 days. Start oiling your hair regularly and use shampoos containing laureth sulphates (these are the detergents for normal - dry hair) but even with these, try not to wash your hair every day. Train your hair to go days without washing. If your hair feels greasy, pour a small amount of baby or body powder into your hands, rub it in, tip your head over and then rub it into your scalp. This temporarily absorbs excess oils and stops your hair from looking greasy.
Also, avoid using conditioner near your scalp. It's for the ends of hair only, to add moisture. It's not a cleansing product.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest