The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry Freshers week 2014

Just thought I would start a thread for Coventry Freshers week :smile:
Who's excited for this? Is anybody not living in halls going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hayley.Louise
Just thought I would start a thread for Coventry Freshers week :smile:
Who's excited for this? Is anybody not living in halls going?

Do you know when Freshers week starts? I tried asking on twitter but no one got back to me :frown: lol
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
I think it's the 22 Nd sept. That's the date I've seen on Facebook anyway :smile:
Reply 3
I think it's the 22 Nd sept. That's the date I've seen on Facebook anyway :smile:

Oh cool, thanks!

What will you be studying?
Can't wait! Wonder when Coventry will send out info letting us know which events are on & stuff!
Reply 5
Will it matter if myself and friends don't live in the accommodation halls? We kinda got a property not too far away from the university :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by TanMan
Will it matter if myself and friends don't live in the accommodation halls? We kinda got a property not too far away from the university :confused:

Matter how? You mean that the university won't be happy with that?
I don't think so. :cool:
Reply 7
Original post by harisled
Matter how? You mean that the university won't be happy with that?
I don't think so. :cool:

haha i think i'm just paranoid because i've seen the recent documentaries on bbc 3 about student life? and it just seems those who are living in halls have a tighter community as in nightlife etc
Reply 8
Coventry's my insurance but I feel I won't get the grades for my firm, so may see all you guys haha
Original post by TanMan
haha i think i'm just paranoid because i've seen the recent documentaries on bbc 3 about student life? and it just seems those who are living in halls have a tighter community as in nightlife etc

Not really, or certainly not guaranteed.

Some flats will get together and go out together, others go out in far smaller groups. After about the first week, I barely saw my flatmates in halls - The exception was one person who was on my course, whom is now my housemate. Most of the people I know now are either from my course or from societies.

In short: Just don't worry about that stuff. Make the most of what you've got and it will be absolutely fine.

The only real "social" bit I remember from freshers was that halls have their own colours (which we found out about 10 minutes before going out). You could largely recognise those who were in your halls (I probably only saw a couple of them ever again). The first night was quite fun, but the rest became a bit standard. Just don't try to live the uni life, it's a bit of a myth. Just do what you find enjoyable.
Original post by Dee_j
Oh cool, thanks!

What will you be studying?

Dietetics. How about you? 😄
Original post by TanMan

I'm the same. I'm staying at home but luckily my friend is doing the same so I can start Freshers with her :smile:
has everyone got confirmation of the halls? i haven't yet and its my firm choice..
Reply 13
Original post by nicoleconnolly
has everyone got confirmation of the halls? i haven't yet and its my firm choice..

Send them an email!
Reply 14
Original post by SillyEddy
Not really, or certainly not guaranteed.

Some flats will get together and go out together, others go out in far smaller groups. After about the first week, I barely saw my flatmates in halls - The exception was one person who was on my course, whom is now my housemate. Most of the people I know now are either from my course or from societies.

In short: Just don't worry about that stuff. Make the most of what you've got and it will be absolutely fine.

The only real "social" bit I remember from freshers was that halls have their own colours (which we found out about 10 minutes before going out). You could largely recognise those who were in your halls (I probably only saw a couple of them ever again). The first night was quite fun, but the rest became a bit standard. Just don't try to live the uni life, it's a bit of a myth. Just do what you find enjoyable.

Thanks! well i'm sure to make the most out of uni, i just didn't want to miss out on anything :tongue:
Reply 15
I'm the same. I'm staying at home but luckily my friend is doing the same so I can start Freshers with her :smile:

Oh sweet! guess you're going to be saving up a lot since you won't be paying for any accommodation! :biggrin: I can't wait until uni starts but yeah good luck in the results! :smile:
Reply 16
Dietetics. How about you? ������

Media Productions :smile:
Reply 17

I'm staying at home too, I would like to do freshers but not sure how's it going to all work as I'm going to have to get a bus or a train home and not sure if they are still running that late. Anyone else doing Social work?
Original post by lgorman
I'm staying at home too, I would like to do freshers but not sure how's it going to all work as I'm going to have to get a bus or a train home and not sure if they are still running that late. Anyone else doing Social work?

I'm not sure what time the trains run till round here 😕 are you to far away to get a taxi home?
Reply 19
I'm not sure what time the trains run till round here 😕 are you to far away to get a taxi home?

Well it would cost be a bomb I actually only live 20 minutes away give or take, I'm from Warwick but it would cost me like £20. :/ My sister lives in Coventry so she said I could stay there now and again if I want to go out and cant stay at anyone's just cant abuse it lol

Quick Reply

Latest