The Student Room Group

George Clooney Slams Daily Mail

George Clooney has written a piece in USA Today condemning and correcting the Daily Mail and Mail Online for making up a story about him. He does not normally comment on media reports but has really objected to the article in the Mail.

The Mail has apologised and removed the story. Good.

Here is part of what George says:

It says Amal’s mother has been telling “half of Beirut” that she’s against the wedding. It says they joke about traditions in the Druze religion that end up with the death of the bride.

Let me repeat that: the death of the bride.

and...

The Daily Mail, more than any other organization that calls itself news, has proved time and time again that facts make no difference in the articles they make up. And when they put my family and my friends in harm’s way, they cross far beyond just a laughable tabloid and into the arena of inciting violence.

See here for more: http://www.newstwitter.com/george-clooney-accuses-daily-mail-of-dangerous-story-fabrication/

Well done George Clooney. What do you think of the Daily Mail? Personally I think they make up facts and stories.
The Daily Mail has a history of selective reporting, sensationalist news, exaggeration and misleading articles. Especially about science issues like climate change - and wasn't the Daily Mail involved in hyping up the controversy over the MMR vaccine which was later proven to be unfounded?

Of course you have the Daily Mail journalist Jan Moir writing about Steven Gateley's death, and who could forget the "Ed Milliband's dad hates Britain" controversy a while back.

It is one of the least reliable newspapers for factual accuracy. This latest news doesn't surprise me very much.
Original post by RFowler
The Daily Mail has a history of selective reporting, sensationalist news, exaggeration and misleading articles. Especially about science issues like climate change - and wasn't the Daily Mail involved in hyping up the controversy over the MMR vaccine which was later proven to be unfounded?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ZZTjChW4o&ctp=CDcQpDAYACITCNyQpa-gub8CFWHScAodREIAJ1ITdmFjY2luZXMgcG90aG9sZXI1NA%3D%3D&gl=GB&hl=en&guid=&client=mv-google
Reply 3
His woman... Clooney has excellent taste. Sexy middle eastern human rights lawyer, 10/10 goat

Posted from TSR Mobile
The DM should change its name to the Daily FAIL !!! :lol::lol::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by LaughingBro
The DM should change its name to the Daily FAIL !!! :lol::lol::biggrin::biggrin:

Hideous stuff from you there, mate.
Original post by LaughingBro

Tragic.
Reply 7
update - George has written another piece in USA Today -

George Clooney wrote in the USA Today today…
There is one constant when a person or company is caught doing something wrong. The coverup is always worse.
In this case, the Daily Mail has printed an apology for insinuating religious tensions where there are none. In the apology, managing editor Charles Garside claims that the article was “not a fabrication,” but “based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community.”...

Furthermore, they knew ahead of time that they were lying. In an article dated April 28, 2014, reporter Richard Spillett writes in the Mail that “Ramzi, (Amal’s father), married outside the Druze faith,” and a family friend said that “Baria, (Amal’s mom), is not Druze.” The Mail knew the story in question was false and printed it anyway

Source: http://www.newstwitter.com/george-clooney-rejects-mail-apology-2nd-article/
I look forward to the response by the Daily Mail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending